Passed Decommission Units

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 54 81.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser7784

id like this especially when i accidently build 50 hops or something in a bireme factory. With the minimum amount being 60+ its hard to get rid of it, but this idea fixes it

DeletedUser

This idea looks like it has a lot of merit. Real world troops are decommissioned or (pensioned off) routinely in the real world when there is no political or economic need to maintain current military levels.

The notion of retirement and reward for loyal service is often a big part of initial recruitment.

I like it. Thanks for reanimating this thread.

DeletedUser

i actually think its harder to get rid of transport ships , especially when you want to change it to a pure naval city !

DeletedUser

To be honest this idea seems like a bit of a waste of time in my opinion, whilst the idea is sound and makes sense I think this is really not needed. it would be used so rarely that the odd units you want to get rid of your best just attacking an ally so you both get BP which is far more valuable than the odd resource.

This idea to me just seems uneeded, I ask myself would I use this in the game? I wouldn't (not to say I am more important than anyone else I am just sayign subjectively I would not use it so I imagine others wouldn't either)

DeletedUser

i actually think its harder to get rid of transport ships , especially when you want to change it to a pure naval city !

support a ghost town, and attack that town with 1 LS :\

Great idea! Lets vote :D

DeletedUser15142

In Grepolis there is an option of demolishing a building, which brings it by one level down at a time. It takes considerable time. But if this option was not there then players would have asked their allies to bolt their buildings :).
The same logic can be applied to troops too. Decommissioning would certainly help. But if a payer can get battle points by killing his own troops why would he ever decommission? Maybe we will need to change the Grepolis logic so that killing one's own troops or allied troops will not give any BPs, or may even reduce the BPs!

DeletedUser

I don't agree with reducing BP for killing own or allied troops since they are troops nonetheless. This idea is simply to add another method by which a player can get rid of excess troops. This would help since it would allow for a quick means of gaining population back.

Imagine you have a city on an island and you send your troops out farming leaving only transports in that city and another player kills them off with a small LS attack while you're not looking. All your troops are now stuck on that island (which is only inhabited by you, might I add). But you want to kill off some troops. How do you do this? You have to attack farming villages which is such a massive waste if you need the population quickly. This idea would fill in gaps in the game which may be obscure, like this one, but are frequent enough to be worth implementing this idea.

DeletedUser15142

Of course decommissioning is worth being implemented; my concern is different one.. presently here is what I do: I am not strong enough yet to attack others. But I want BPs. So I keep killing my own troops and get BPs easily! Also I have a friend on my island, from my own alliance. I also help him get BPs by offering him to kill my troops supporting a ghost town:) So even if this idea is implemented in future, why would I use it? I will keep killing my troops for BPs!!!
That's why I want to say, one should not get any BPs for killing their own or allied troops. Then decommissioning will be the only and the legit way to use.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

That's why I want to say, one should not get any BPs for killing their own or allied troops.

thats a different idea, and doesn't really belong in this thread. And it's already been suggested, and shot down.

DeletedUser

I like it, not sure about getting resourses back but wont complain if I do lol

DeletedUser

i do not oppose to this idea, but i rather kill my own troops for bp, than decompose them

DeletedUser

personally i'd prefer the BP to the extra resources, but it is nonetheless a good idea which gets my vote :)

DeletedUser

I prefer the Decommissioning of units than gaining BP by attacking you're own city or allies because it's more dignified. Attacking your own cities is not definitely right. So I vote yes.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Attacking your own cities is not definitely right.
not right, and not possible either :p if you attack your own cities the troops just visit for a cup of tea before returning home unscathed.

Status
Not open for further replies.