Definition of an MRA

DeletedUser

Speaking out of game... MRA's could be seen as Volksturm, Pal's Divisions, Soviet Conscripts, Viet Cong, American civil war enrollees. And hundreds of other examples. They are player 'militia', often defined as armies. Sometimes becoming true armies.
Often winning.

My friends, mass recruitment is not neccessarily detrimental. They may be spread out all over a map. But ALL people serve a purpose, if only to form a momentary expedient wedge or base elemental component. They almost always get better in time. And of these examples, some became leading antagonists, especially if coupled with trained NCOs and officers. The chaff is torn away in combat.
And that is the true horror of WAR.

I agree on basic terminology, but do not ever underestimate or deride what YOU are.
We, in RL, seemingly safe behind our computers, no matter your age, sex, or background, are potential MRA. Some of us may even be trained to KILL, and still form the basic function of militia.
History is replete with examples of militia winning wars. Conquering continents.
Controlling the very history in which we live.
Mass recruitment is not 'bad'. No matter how we may use the term.

I'm writing this just to remind us all that though we are playing a game, we must never forget our past. No matter what country you come from, all over the world, everyone here can point to an example of their 'MRA' people rising up, defending their space and ...winning.

DeletedUser

Mike I also agree that is the best definition so far.

It can become detrimental if you get to the point where you have no targets for your members to attack due to recruiting everyone or having too many pacts.

This would usually lead to a splinter group of the members leaving to join some other competing alliance so they can grow unhindered.

The key is is sifting through your recruits, keeping the quality active members and getting rid of others so your players still have good targets to attack.

In response to Toasts continuing garbage: There is actually a sizable number of players who ENJOY HELPING OTHERS and not just focusing on themselves. Our alliance caters to that type of player.

DeletedUser

Mike I also agree that is the best definition so far.

It can become detrimental if you get to the point where you have no targets for your members to attack due to recruiting everyone or having too many pacts.

This would usually lead to a splinter group of the members leaving to join some other competing alliance so they can grow unhindered.

The key is is sifting through your recruits, keeping the quality active members and getting rid of others so your players still have good targets to attack.

In response to Toasts continuing garbage: There is actually a sizable number of players who ENJOY HELPING OTHERS and not just focusing on themselves. Our alliance caters to that type of player.

What? You keep assuming that everyone in my alliance doesn't like to support each other and our allies! Righty now I am preventing one of my allies from being conquered. We all sent him support, it's not that you have to enjoy it, it's just the right thing to do, therefor you get that nice little fuzzy feeling in your chest. We work together and help each other, we keep our forums organized. We have few inactive players.

DeletedUser

there is so much off-topic in this thread...

images

maybe that'll work :p

as far as MRAs go, i don't think that not supporting each other etc. and being an MRA are one and the same. I really think the only difference is in the recruitment (although that recruitment method, of course, does often lead to things like high inactivity rates and high % of inexperienced players, but even inexperienced players can support each other)

DeletedUser

Speaking out of game... MRA's could be seen as Volksturm, Pal's Divisions, Soviet Conscripts, Viet Cong, American civil war enrollees. And hundreds of other examples. They are player 'militia', often defined as armies. Sometimes becoming true armies.
Often winning.

This made my day. Real life MRAs. +rep

DeletedUser1405

The post above mentionsinexperienced players, arent we all that when we join the game and its up to the alliance/group who you choose to make sure the relevant help is there when needed.
You can have 500+ members and have a great academy for your members eventually with great help these people may become the next set of top echelon players.
The reason they dont get the credit is because they are in with a large group with others of the same calibre.

DeletedUser

The post above mentionsinexperienced players, arent we all that when we join the game and its up to the alliance/group who you choose to make sure the relevant help is there when needed.
You can have 500+ members and have a great academy for your members eventually with great help these people may become the next set of top echelon players.
The reason they dont get the credit is because they are in with a large group with others of the same calibre.

Sometimes this is true, but like 50% of the hogs have 1 city and aren't very active.

DeletedUser

Is this a discussion of MRAs, or a discussion of whether or not the Hogs are an MRA? If it's the former, then why are we discussing the Hogs in such detail here? If it's the latter, then why isn't this thread in the world forum for the world in which the Hogs play?

Sheesh, can we get over the Hogs now?

DeletedUser1405

Doesnt the word hog mean takeover something. :D
Back on subject and yes i agree, i think all the irrelavant posts should be cleared or at least they should stay out of the discussion.
The thread is about the term MRA and its uses not any single alliance, and whether they are one or not.
If anyone wants to flame an alliance go start your own thread.

vincaocao

Phrourach
I reckon MRA's are hated, I'm not naming any alliances but people call them n00bs, some alliances have like 150 members and every one of them are active, so I'd agree that an MRA is which half of the players are inactive, so good alliances would have around 100 members and over 90% of them are active.

DeletedUser

Is this a discussion of MRAs, or a discussion of whether or not the Hogs are an MRA? If it's the former, then why are we discussing the Hogs in such detail here? If it's the latter, then why isn't this thread in the world forum for the world in which the Hogs play?

Sheesh, can we get over the Hogs now?

No we can't, and I still don't understand how people thinking a 2000 member alliance isn't and MRA.

DeletedUser1405

Cmon toast we are not interested in the hogs being whatever they want to be this is a general discussion, trying to hijack a discussion with personal views is bang out of order.
If you want to make personal remarks about alkliances and people set a new thread up.

DeletedUser

The hogs are an mra there simply arnt that many decant player easly recruatable

DeletedUser

No we can't, and I still don't understand how people thinking a 2000 member alliance isn't and MRA.

That's not the point. The point is that your apparent obsession with the hogs has no place in a thread attempting to define an MRA, regardless of whether or not they are a MRA.

DeletedUser4013

I have already warned you all about discussing particular alliances in this thread. This thread is meant to be used only for general discussion of what an MRA constitutes. If i see another mention by anyone about specific alliances I will close this thread and let it die.

DeletedUser

MRa

Ok, i know this isn't supposed to be world specific but i am going to use Army of Anubis as an example:

They are called an MRA simply cos they invited everyone that applies, however, now they do actually look these people up on grepostats. If they are in some random ocean they get turned down, and now they have introduced a points requirement.

My point is that every alliance starts as an MRA, and evolves into a much better thing. Inactives are kicked, and 500 point players are turned away.

So i think that an MRA is the beginning.

DeletedUser1405

I agree with the term being used against an alliance that invites without thought, if your going to invite players 2-3 oceans away then how are you supposed to support them.
I like the point made above that we all start out as MRA,s because its true in many senses of the word, we all start out inviting at random early on in worlds.
The only way this wouldnt be the case is if an alliance was a premade and all the members knew each other.

DeletedUser7784

i think mras are people who have so many people under them they cant fit the point limit. like in mu, Real Madrid(blank) and its 10 wings have maybe over 1000 people. Also there are alliances who keep 0 point people who get rimmed