Downfall of the Mermaids

DeletedUser1405

What can i say, poor Jason, left all alone to clean the halls and wash the floors of his empire. The end finally came after a chat between Two players that found they had something in common, the end of Mermaids was no easy decision to make but was helped yet again by terrible leadership from within by almighty Jason.

You players who seem to find yourself without an alliance, you will all no doubt be invited back, think of it this way! Why join a sinking ship, look around and get yourself a decent alliance with a decent setup. Don't take yourself back to loser who demands respect but offers none. Look how insecure he is, how many have been kicked for voicing their opinion and saying stuff needs sorting.

Good luck in your alliance hunting and please don't go back to wasting your cities and troops/ships.

DeletedUser29066

Mermaids. Half fish, half woman. Now only one half is left, and I'll leave it to each reader to decide which half that is. Nice going Mike.:D

DeletedUser

What can i say, poor Jason, left all alone to clean the halls and wash the floors of his empire.

No doubt there have been some poor decisions within Myrmidons , running a large alliance in any game is a tough call.
In Grep it is an even bigger risk.
However ....one wonders..... well I wonder, how much of the downfall was due to the leadership and how much due to the artful propaganda targeted at them, the insurrection in there ranks from agents of provocation and various other forms of covert warfare.

Of course I could be completely wrong and they could have gone belly up without all the hoo-har one reads in this forum:eek:

Edit
I notice Myrmidons have not gone completely as of now they have 2 members.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29066

However ....one wonders..... well I wonder, how much of the downfall was due to the leadership and how much due to the artful propaganda targeted at them, the insurrection in there ranks from agents of provocation and various other forms of covert warfare.

That's part of the game, and some are masters of the art. You can bet it played a significant role.

DeletedUser5554

Of course ranting at your own alliance, treating them in a poor manner, and acting like you own the place will quickly do it also.

DeletedUser5554

Evidence of this.....pretty low.

Evidence of this...off the scale.

You clearly haven't been seeing some of the things Jason said then. Or why his allies are offering to turn on Myrmidons.

DeletedUser

You clearly haven't been seeing some of the things Jason said then. Or why his allies are offering to turn on Myrmidons.

Oh yes I have .....I have been questioning where that info originates from and coming up with some interesting solutions.

But enough of this possible speculation.......
It seems 21 Myrmidons have found there way home so far, I wonder how many will eventually return home?

DeletedUser

Glad to see them re-building, Delos needs alliances like Myrmidons and it shows Jason(Jim) is more respected with his leadership ways than what some guys on these externals make out.

Democracy or Dictatorship = Ive seen both methods of leadership be very successful in Grepolis and instead of one trying to knock on how others run their alliances, maybe they should concentrate more on their own affairs.

DeletedUser1405

No One is saying dictatorships don't work, but the way he runs the show is terrible, i can't understand why you can stick up for him.

Demanding resources because he is the leader, Demanding players send support to him becasue his cities are more important than normal members, kicking players who voice any objections to anything. If this is the way to run an alliance then we all have serious problems, and this info is straight from players within the Mermaids, who won't speak out for fear of being kicked and conquered by the stronger players in the alliance.

DeletedUser29066

Glad to see them re-building, Delos needs alliances like Myrmidons and it shows Jason(Jim) is more respected with his leadership ways than what some guys on these externals make out.

This coming from one of the supposed original MRA-slayers. Grepo does indeed make strange bedfellows.

DeletedUser

No One is saying dictatorships don't work, but the way he runs the show is terrible, i can't understand why you can stick up for him.

Demanding resources because he is the leader, Demanding players send support to him becasue his cities are more important than normal members, kicking players who voice any objections to anything. If this is the way to run an alliance then we all have serious problems, and this info is straight from players within the Mermaids, who won't speak out for fear of being kicked and conquered by the stronger players in the alliance.

That's all the evidence you need right there, cast iron that is. :rolleyes:

Of course leaders in this game do get targeted above others members, take out the leaders and alliances fall apart apparently.

DeletedUser5554

Democracy or Dictatorship = Ive seen both methods of leadership be very successful in Grepolis and instead of one trying to knock on how others run their alliances, maybe they should concentrate more on their own affairs.

Hard to believe you literally just stood up for a guy who made a pitch to run away to us and fight our enemies (AU). Haha not always Phil remember DW was the original leader of LD.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Its a war game Nodcrush and nothing surprises me about alliances running to the big boys for sanctuary. I suppose if our ex members can do it, what's stopping another alliance? The only reason ER stayed with you after you made a secret pact and recruited their enemy is because they want sanctuary. Was it a full pact you were to honour with ER? But on your terms? If only EGW were still in this game now, it would be interesting to see whether you would have sat back and watched the demise of ER. But luckily a new world came along that suited Annabelle and they disbanded. Those famous words "we are sidelined" just shows had EGW stayed around, you would have stood and watched ER crumble.

LD the snitches, LD the dis-loyal, LD the untrustworthy, I swear when you guys go on to win this world, you will answer all your critics with the words "well we were called Lacking Diplomacy"..Its kinda fitting and will give you the last laugh. Kinda clever as well..

I just cannot believe the amount of fools falling for the LD clap trap. But they are all learning one by one.

EoD and ER may as well merge into you guys now hadnt they? They sure aint gonna have the balls to go up against you. Either win the world under the LD banner or fight it..

DeletedUser5554

We never had a pact with EGW...? LOL But lets say this was hypothetically true. You also fought ER because of it, lost miserably, but fought none the less. So you mean to tell me you catch Myrmaids in the act and they get off scott free? Do I smell desperation in the AU ranks? Guess that's what happens when all your players pretty much admit they're waiting to be conquered. Also if EGW were still in this game now they would be led by annabell and at peace with ER. Sorry to say it this was all Sassy's doing and Sassy rubbed several members the wrong way to the point where they kicked her out of EGW. We keep covering this despite ER, LD, and EoD shooting you down. We geographically couldn't support them and we had players like Hammon trying to do something but sadly a small squad that wasn't ready at the time wasn't enough. We did however step in and save Chilli. Meanwhile we figured out that AU wanted nothing to do with its allies and claimed it was really only interested in pacts with LD. Funny thing to mention that as soon as a problem arises in an "ally" right? I even got Tridith and Rhaurc to help out a bit with EGW which you told me you were completely fed up with me for doing so and told me to never do it again. PS this type of action alone was pretty much good enough grounds to break a pact right then and there and I know many people who would have yet you still got another chance.

And Exploro it's not really a clap trap given the fact there's proof posted all over the place here. If anyone here is full of it it's you. You're bringing the same weak argument every time and claiming LD is weak and such. Mean while in the world of you're losing O-55 in an embarrassing manner. This ladies and gentlemen is the classic example of a guy who got caught doing sketchy things, is paying the price, and is crying about it. He'll criticize LD's actions then turn right around and do them himself.

You claim LD is weak and can't handle things on our own. If I recall on day one you had a CS in a city and we asked you to yank it as we withdrew so you wouldn't lose anything. You said you would, you didn't, so right away Forseti mounted up and forced you to yank the CS....Shamelessly leaving your mate's support to die of course. We caught you doing sketchy things and being terrible team mates. We were kind enough to give you several chances but finally enough was enough and we stood against you. And quite frankly are destroying you. We made you go back on every single belief you had just to survive. You declared war on the MRAs now you're an MRA's best friend and refuse to their leave their even when they said they would leave yours in a heart beat.

As for winning the world nothing is written in stone i'll be the first to admit that. And damn that would be a very clever last sentence to0 bad i'm not one for leaving loyal allies in the dust and would make sure they won also.

DeletedUser

Exploro, you constantly bring up EGW. This is an event that is well behind us. All of us, except you. Nod did it in good will, although we didn't agree with what happened at the time, it's no longer an issue at all. To your other point where they're going to backstab ER and EoD, I just can't see that happening. All of our alliances are on good relations with one another and work together constantly.

And you already have LD written in stone to win this world? With at least a year and a half to go? LD is the best team right now, but with at least a year and a half to go until WW, it's a bit early to declare the winner.

DeletedUser5554

True that there's no guarantee that we'll all be here in almost 2 years. Even in the new landscapes of Grepolis there is no surprise in the occasional power shift. I've seen teams that didn't deserve to win win just because they out lasted teams.