Passed End Game Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Proposal:
An alternative to waiting for a world to go inactive

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
It could very well have parts that are similar but I honestly didn't look in great detail.

Reason:
The current endgame involves a long wait after the WW finish and most players are quitting rather than see how their world will finally end. My idea has the world go out with a bang so to speak.

Details:
After an alliance completes all 7 WW there will be a 1-2 week period where the game would continue as normal. Then once said period has ended a few things would occur:
1. All alliances would be disbanded and the ability to make alliances (in a formal manner, making an informal team and coordinating through pm's would be legal) would be disabled.
2. The need for CP to gain cities would be removed. You would be able to conquer cities endlessly without worrying about how much BP you'd need for the next one.
3. VM would be disabled.
4. CS distance limit would be increased so players on the rim wouldn't be too far to join in on all the action.
5. A countdown till the end of the world would start. The amount of time would vary depending on server speed. ie 1 month countdown on speed 3 would be a 3 month countdown on speed 1.

These 5 things would set up one final competition ingame, a competition to see who the best player(s) on the server are. The top 12 players at the end would receive gold and an ingame medal*. The gold amounts would vary based on the rank the player ended with. Also there would be a reward for getting top in ABP and DBP.

Once the countdown hits 0 and the rewards are given out the final top 12 could be added to a "Hall of Fame" in the forum. This would be a section of the forum where each world would have a thread entitled "Alpha Hall of Fame", "Beta Hall of Fame", etc. In this section the final top 12 players would be listed (possibly with their ending point amounts), the alliance that built all 7 WW would be listed (possibly with ending point amounts), and the top defender and attacker would be listed (possibly with ending point amounts). This way even if the world has ended new and old players could look back upon those stats and see some of the groups that made this game great.

Visual Aids:
N/A

Balance:
Well this idea would get rid of alliances, VM, and CP requirements for towns.

Abuse Prevention:
Some people will complain that the biggest players with millions of points will inevitably win, but to them I'd say that since they are so much larger they have more cities to lose since they don't have an alliance to support them. Smaller players will gang up on the big players and big players will turn on each other in order to eliminate competition for the rewards.

Summary:
An endgame scenario in which players are forced to fight for themselves instead of for their alliance. WW's were for alliance achievements, this would be for single player achievements. No VM means players with millions of points couldn't just go into hiding to avoid losing cities. No CP requirements means players can constantly keep fighting without needing to BP hunt. This would be a more "grepolis" style ending as opposed to simply waiting for a world to go inactive.

Please let me know what you guys think. Feedback from players on worlds that have completed all 7 WW are especially helpful as you're currently in a situation where you are basically waiting for a world to go inactive.

*The gold award and medal are just an idea, I don't know if Inno would actually give out gold for that.

DeletedUser

I like it!
Inno can't really complain because the result is the same (the world ending) but the players should love it because it is a much much more interesting endgame for them. :)

DeletedUser

Certainly would make the end-game interesting. What about some sort of increased resource/favour rate once that end period begins? That would make it slightly easier for small players, as far as the divide between large and small players goes. Otherwise removing the culture point requirement for conquering cities may just allow the larger players to go out destroying everyone smaller without anyone fighting back.

DeletedUser

I quite like the idea EXCEPT, the part where all alliances are disbanded. Grepolis is about the alliance, as it even says on the front page.

For the hall of fame, you could also put the top 12 alliances in there, and have a separate spot for the alliance that won via the WWs, which will probably be the top alliance anyway.

DeletedUser

meh I look at it as the players who are the top 10 will all be from the same alliance.

Causing them to attack their mates all of a sudden is a bit dirty pool that as alliance guys share all their info for the most part. What units they have.. where their offense and def is located.

Seems to me to be a kick in the in cheapness and low blow. Instead of that they should have the world auto end 7 days from the completion of the ww just to ensure that the ww's can be held. Then world end and top players are rewarded.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Alliances who build all 7 WW tend to be the most dominant alliance on the server so they would just roll over everyone with these proposed changes. That would just be more of the same. The period between the completion of the WW and the start of this endgame scenario could be used to make covert plans with other players and change up their city structure.

DeletedUser

Perhaps an alliance hall-of-fame should be created once all 7 World Wonders are completed. This would allow for recognition of the accomplishments of the top alliances.. after that, though, alliances could be disbanded as BT suggested.. this would create a free-for-all to truly determine who is the best player in the world.

DeletedUser8396

LOL, I love the idea, but to those saying alliances should stay, you may not understand what he is trying to do.

With alliances, you recieve outside support usually in a quick orderly fashion. With this, you wont have the same base of support, meaning you need to fend for yourself.

That is what displays the true 'best' players out there. With alliances, it just isnt quite the same idea.

+1!!!!!

DeletedUser

Perhaps an alliance hall-of-fame should be created once all 7 World Wonders are completed. This would allow for recognition of the accomplishments of the top alliances.. after that, though, alliances could be disbanded as BT suggested.. this would create a free-for-all to truly determine who is the best player in the world.

Or as Cronus pointed out, who already knows the other person's timezone, assuming the people who used to be in the same alliance will still attack eachother.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Yes players will know each other but it's not like a player will be eliminated over night. This isn't the speed server. Plus when you get to the end of the game how many players know the online times of players in other alliances? My guess would be a lot seeing as how they have been playing on the server for a year+ with each other. If knowing when others are online makes attacking them unfair then grepolis has always been unfair as people find out other's online times constantly and also find out where their troops are placed.

DeletedUser

yeah, I would like to see this happen. Even though on Xi I am close to all of the members in my alliance I would just attack them for that end time and then we would start a new world again with each other.

DeletedUser

Yes players will know each other but it's not like a player will be eliminated over night. This isn't the speed server. Plus when you get to the end of the game how many players know the online times of players in other alliances? My guess would be a lot seeing as how they have been playing on the server for a year+ with each other. If knowing when others are online makes attacking them unfair then grepolis has always been unfair as people find out other's online times constantly and also find out where their troops are placed.

Yes but then you would just take out a serious number of their troops while they sleep. Then that player would be disadvantaged for the rest of the world just because of the time zone.

DeletedUser

Or as Cronus pointed out, who already knows the other person's timezone, assuming the people who used to be in the same alliance will still attack eachother.

There would be nothing forcing players to attack each other. Many players use external chat programs (Skype/chatzy/etc), so they would still be able to communicate without an alliance.. if players have played together for so long that they have become friends, they could still play together and carry on fighting others. If they wanted a challenge, though, they could choose to fight against each other without the restraints of being in the same alliance.

DeletedUser

LOL, I love the idea, but to those saying alliances should stay, you may not understand what he is trying to do.

With alliances, you recieve outside support usually in a quick orderly fashion. With this, you wont have the same base of support, meaning you need to fend for yourself.

That is what displays the true 'best' players out there. With alliances, it just isnt quite the same idea.

+1!!!!!

I understand what he is trying to do, but you forget that grepolis is about the alliance, not the individual player.

DeletedUser

There would be nothing forcing players to attack each other. Many players use external chat programs (Skype/chatzy/etc), so they would still be able to communicate without an alliance.. if players have played together for so long that they have become friends, they could still play together and carry on fighting others. If they wanted a challenge, though, they could choose to fight against each other without the restraints of being in the same alliance.

If this occurs, then the whole point of removing alliances is moot.

DeletedUser

DOUBLE POSTER!!!!

Anyway, I love the idea. Though, I would like it if everyone got 50 cities and 500k points. Then just let people do whatever. It would be kinda hard to organize that though. Maybe give each player 3 islands on which their cities are with 40 of their cities (20 on each island) on FV islands and the other on non-FV islands.

DeletedUser

If this occurs, then the whole point of removing alliances is moot.

Not at all. Were there to be a forced disbanding of alliances, it is giving people options that they may not have otherwise. It's up to them which options they take - going solo, fighting with a couple of close friends, or trying to reform everyone into an alliance again.

Status
Not open for further replies.