Wish List Endgame Revamp (Stronghold Victory)

DeletedUser

Proposal:
Replace the World Wonder system, which most people dislike, with this concept for end-game.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
I didn't do the most thorough of searches, but I saw nothing like my idea.

Reason:
I think this idea is a cool endgame that removes the simmer problem for end-world that makes so many people leave.

Details:
Ok, so here's the idea:

Remove world wonders entirely. Nobody likes them, nobody cares for them, so drop those. At the corners between oceans (I'm not 100% sure if you would have one of these at every corner or just have 1 per 4 oceans, that is up for debate) have a rather large, fairly circular island that initially has nobody on it and no build spots. When the points for endgame trigger are high enough, similar to the world wonder trigger, build spots show up on this island, lets say maybe 100 of them (number can change, point is its a big island). At the center of this island is a Stronghold.

This "Stronghold" is a city, unowned by anyone, that can only be reached via land from that island (I don't think flying units reaching it is fair unless they are from these port cities, for reasons that will become obvious, so some logical reason for that would need to be created). This Stronghold can be controlled by an alliance, by sending troops to it. You don't send troops to "attack" or "support" the stronghold, you send them to it. If your alliance controls it at the landing time, they join the force. If your alliance doesn't control it, they attack the owner. The idea is that when your alliance controls a stronghold, you gain points towards a scoreboard per time you control it. Endgame is achieved when one alliance has reached a certain point total. The idea is that with each stronghold, the people around it aren't only fighting for the stronghold, but for the port cities to use to support the stronghold.

Here's a twist. With this structure, a good plan would be to send your alliance to the rim in the middle of nowhere and use the strongholds nobody is near. So the points a Stronghold gives is based on the strength of the players in its neighboring oceans: higher points the players, higher points the Stronghold is worth.

Visual Aids: n/a

Abuse Prevention:
The only abuse I can think of is the fliers going to the Strongholds which would be outrageously unfair, so there would need to be some logical reason they can't (mountain range, idk).

Summary:
This concept would allow the endgame to start up a new fight on centralized stages and be a far more interesting way to finish off a world.

DeletedUser31385

Good idea, but new world endings are DNS and have been suggested several times.

DeletedUser

This suggestion is something that old skool grep players should support.

DeletedUser

Interesting concept. Definitely more appealing then the World Wonders concept. Just a question that I have been wanting to ask. Must there be an end game at all? Can a world be open ended and still succeed? Great idea, I like it.

DeletedUser

How about for the game to end an alliance must control the stronghold for a certain amount of time such as 1-2 weeks, and maybe the cities on the island should have the ability to send troops to them so that they go completely under the new cities control, unlike support. Also, farm spaces would have to be ignored or raised, so that the alliances who do not control the stronghold can build up a massive attack.

If you control the stronghold city, you should be able to see what is inside and incoming attacks. IF you do not control the stronghold then you should have to spy to see the troop numbers. Which means you should be able to send resources to the stronghold from port cities.

Maybe the founder(s) of the controlling alliance can build troops in the stronghold, and select a god. All members maybe can send resources to the stronghold instead of having resource farms there. Farm spaces would not apply here.

I love this idea, and as you can tell I have many sub ideas regarding this particular request :D make it happen inno!

DeletedUser31385

Have you looked through the posts, this idea is DNS and wont be implemented. Endgame revamps have been suggested several times. One on page 2, and several others further back.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Have you looked through the posts, this idea is DNS and wont be implemented. Endgame revamps have been suggested several times. One on page 2, and several others further back.

Just because several endgame revamp proposals were DNS does not mean all are, does it? Leave this to the mods to make the determination. If you feel this is DNS, WHY not analyze why the other endgame revamp proposals were DNS and help to improve this proposal so that it has a better chance of being passed. Just my opinion of course.

Aside from that I have never seen limitations placed on what can be suggested as far as game improvements go. I understand the point that some changes are easier, cheaper, and less extensive then others. But by limiting what can be suggested, don't you also limit the capacity to improve this game?

Aside from that I like matty's idea of making it so an alliance has to control a stronghold for X amount of time as opposed to a point based system. Are strongholds present in that world from its inception? Do they appear after a certain amount of time? Just curious on how that would work.

DeletedUser31385

If it has been suggested at least one other time it is DNS and this has.

DeletedUser

If it has been suggested at least one other time it is DNS and this has.

You missed the point I think. This specific idea for an endgame revamp has been suggested before? I just looked over rejected proposals and saw nothing that specifically resembled this proposal. If not then I don't see the issue. If other endgame revamps have been rejected then let's analyze why that is and improve upon this proposal so that it can avoid a similar fate.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I fully support the idea of this being a proposed endgame alternative solution to be reviewed.

DeletedUser

You missed the point I think. This specific idea for an endgame revamp has been suggested before? I just looked over rejected proposals and saw nothing that specifically resembled this proposal. If not then I don't see the issue. If other endgame revamps have been rejected then let's analyze why that is and improve upon this proposal so that it can avoid a similar fate.

I agree

DeletedUser31385

Fine Il help, You should have to capture the island like in WW. The stronghold cant be attacked as long as your alliance controls all spots. You can upgrade the Stronghold to a maximum of level 5.

Level 1- 10,000 resources~ 5000 Hit points
Level 2- 25,000 resources~ 20,000 Hit points
Level 3- 100,000 resources~ 50,000 Hit points
Level 4- 250,000 resources~ 100,000 Hit Points
Level 5- 500,000 resources ~ 250,000 Hit Points

Hit points is basically how many units you must sacrifice to bring it down. (Note the amounts may be changed)

Units to Hit Points
Swordsman- 5
Archers- 8
Hoplites- 16
Slingers- 23
Horseman- 55
Chariot- 56
Catapult- 100
------------------Mythical-Units----------------------
Divine Envoy- 35
Harpy- 266
Medusa- 425
Cyclops- 756
*Cant attack with hydras
Cerebus- 210
Erinys- 1210
Manticore- 945
Minotaur- 420
Centaur- 156
Pegasus- 100

Note once you conquer one stronghold your percent goes up by 1 since there are 100 oceans.
If you lose total control of the island the stronghold still belongs to you until the attackers completely destroy the stronghold. By upgrading it you are increasing the maximum damage it can take.

Last edited:

DeletedUser42857

While I dont like WW, and would support an endgame revamp, WW does involve at least some co-ordination from alliances, players working together and still has the regular defending cities attacking cities prospect.

this just involves every player in the world building the biggest nukes they can and sending them to the stronghold.

that doesnt involve any tactics, just building troops, sending them to stronghold, build more troops.

It also massively favours gold players as they can reduce their recruiting times considerably which would also defeat the object.

So while i appreciate the thought youve put into it for the reasons

1) no tactics involved
2) heavily favours gold players

its a non-starter for me.

DeletedUser31385

How about if it has limited hours for attacking each day?

DeletedUser42857

however, what might work is taking the idea of controlling the stronghold and switching it to a city level.

have the world ending in some sort of chaos mode:

ie. when the world reaches this point

1) You can no longer take cities from opponents by revolt or conquest

however what you can do is

a) occupy an enemy city by defeating all its troops and putting your own troops in there

the original city owner then has 12 hours to get back control of the city by defeating your troops and taking control again

But, if they dont, at the end of the 12 hours you burn the city to the ground. (during this 12 hour period they are laying bombs, incendiaries and the like)

Once an alliance has control of 50% of the cities in the world they are the winners.

===
this would retain the importance of attacking and defending cities, would bring in the idea of when a city is captured immediately trying to take it back, and would have lots of destruction :D

DeletedUser

How does it involve no tactics? It would require alliances to coordinate on working together to capture and hold strongholds. A strong case could be made for the WW system also favoring gold players. So I am a little lost on your logic. Rather then just shut this down, how about offering feedback to improve the original proposal?

DeletedUser31385

How about being able to attack from 10 AM- 2 PM and 10 PM- 2 AM server time.

DeletedUser38224

I Support any alternative to world wonders, But the simple fact is Inno are revamping the endgame and aren't going to take player suggestions. That's just the simple fact.