Ever done something so noobish you want to curl up and die?

DeletedUser

Went out drinking yesterday, serious drinking didn't get in til early hours and woke up, possibly still drunk lol

A day away from grep, Bad Co had hit a city and put it in revolt. I was in open revolt.

Moved my support around and checked incoming.

I had 3 at the time. ok so I checked them whilst struggling to focus and they weren't from any of the players I was in revolt from, so good no cs :)

Considered enlisting and thought nah, I'll save it for later if they send a cs.

first of the 3 landed and I got this report:

69cbonip7d47yelxxb73w5s676jytk4p.png

I'd only read the city name and not the player and thought it was sufero attacking and not scucko..!!

To make it worse.. this was his attack, I could have killed that just by enlisting nevermind casting a few chariots! lol

870h1bsty1osxxct68i5ivkcscrur32q.png

You wins some, you lose some, but very embarrassed I lost my city to a noob who attacks like this lol

Hangs head in shame :(

DeletedUser

Stuff happens Lozza. You have to admit that's kinda funny that style of city naming reared its ugly head. Sometimes its better to be lucky than good.

Herb got a city in similar fashion during the weekend when I failed to cycle through all of my pages of reports at 3:30 am to figure out that 2 cities were in revolt, not just one. If I had premium, I would prolly be able to tell that in seconds. But he got that city fair and square, albeit no resistance.

Are you sure the feeling of "wanting to curl up and die" is from the attack or the hangover? LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

oh yeah, it's the same city naming I use, naming em after players ;)

lol the hangover is defo worse than losing my city! :D

annoyed a tad with myself but lol it's a game afterall and I'm sure I'm not the only one to every lose a city like that lol

It was my first city I lost on Iota though so I guess that's something, over a year and not lost one before.. Syl will be sad he didn't get there first.. he's tried more than anyone lol

DeletedUser

LOL same here. Yesterday couldn't drink enough to make me forget about Penn State's gameplay yesterday.

You weren't the only one to do something funny today (copied from internal forum from scucko):

10 x divine sign + 8 x patroness from [player]peterlee79[/player] on [town]12192[/town] (66. Dainis)

DeletedUser

why havnt you send out a full on attack to this guy? lol

DeletedUser

haha iv done something some what the same as peterlee. Back in the old days evertonfc had spencer2 in revotl and cs was on its way.

I logged on to find i had support that could help save his city, so i waited for about 2 hours to send this support 4 min's before i had to send the phone goes.

While on the phone i tried to send my support and without thinking i sent my support to everton rather than spencer2 didnt even realise until my support landed and spencer told me he lost the city lol

it happens but you wont let it happen again will you ;)

why havnt you send out a full on attack to this guy? lol
Cause peterlee is awesome player

DeletedUser

Yeah I love Peterlee

I did it with LB once, cast chariots on the person attacking and not the person being hit! oops ;) that was randomnut i think if i remember rightly lol it was like 5am and before coffee lol

there's my secret, hit me after drinking or before coffee and you'll be fine :D

DeletedUser

Everybody makes mistakes. I lost a city once cos we had each other in revolt and I didn't realize that one of the revolts was actually in my city. Guy was a total noob too, no reason other than "having a blonde moment" for losing that one. Had defense a couple of hours away and everything. I wasn't sad to see it go cos I hated that island but...did feel a little bad as We'd been defending that city for a couple of months during the thick of the DL (actual DL...not this watered down version) war.

Aaxc lost that city to Lady Freaking Jane under similar circumstances (tragic).

I'm not sure Barbie's losses really fits in this discussion though...being that he's more of a planner than a player, and up until just recently has been mostly rim simming with a pedigree of inactives and internals to his name.

Herb got a city in similar fashion during the weekend when I failed to cycle through all of my pages of reports at 3:30 am to figure out that 2 cities were in revolt, not just one. If I had premium, I would prolly be able to tell that in seconds. But he got that city fair and square, albeit no resistance.

so...your excuse for losing a city to Herb is that you don't have premium? Pffffft...whatever. What you gonna say about the one I took from you? I'll make some up for you:

1. Terminal noobyness (likely)
2. Barbie is just a sportscaster who has spent more time on the forums talking about how others play/defend/stirring crap up than actually playing the game. (definitely)
3. You didn't want that city anyway (turtle defense would suggest otherwise)
4. You thought slingers/horses were good defenders (yes...I killed a number of those)
5. All of the above

DeletedUser3613

Im just going to say yes i wont bore anyone with details of my fails lol

DeletedUser

has happend to me a few times lol been drunk and not got on and dodged attacks was meant to log on to pull back support but misses my timing and support landed 13 mins after his Cs lol

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
My worst nooby fail was when I was out hunting for bp for a 4th city on a server. I had given up checking my alliance's forum cause they were a mess. So when I attacked this lovely city I killed a CS and a ton of defense and offense, easily enough bp for what I needed. Turns out I broke the siege of a town that had been claimed by a guy in my alliance. So if I was all arrogant and what not and had been checking the claims section I wouldn't have messed up. Needless to say I deleted my account on that server so I wouldn't have to own up to that shame

DeletedUser

LMFAO Baudin ! :p That made me laugh !

How dare you escape the trouble though !

DeletedUser

Hmm, it was in Rho, my alliance was at war with an alliance of the same size back then, so I was organizing my attacks and all, with synchronized times, I had all the times calculated, all that was left was to make the claim and attack, but...I forgot the city name and player name which I had calculated the times to attack, moreover, I had deleted the spy report...so yep, I did all those times calculations for nothing, because I forgot to write down the city and player name :D

haha iv done something some what the same as peterlee. Back in the old days evertonfc had spencer2 in revotl and cs was on its way.

I logged on to find i had support that could help save his city, so i waited for about 2 hours to send this support 4 min's before i had to send the phone goes.

While on the phone i tried to send my support and without thinking i sent my support to everton rather than spencer2 didnt even realise until my support landed and spencer told me he lost the city lol

it happens but you wont let it happen again will you ;)

Cause peterlee is awesome player

Haha :D, I've done a similar thing in Rho, well, I had everything calculated, just to send the support a few seconds earlier to snipe the cs, but I fell asleep in front of the computer 4 minutes before the time I was supposed to send the support. Well, I kind of drunk a little too much that night, so when I arrived home I was a little out of it, was just waiting for the right time to send the support, but the booze made me go to sleep :p

Hope, no one from Rho is reading this, since I made a pretty good excuse for the player who lost his city when I could have saved her if I didn't fall asleep, well, I always blame the lag when it comes to excuses :supermad:, it usually works ;)

DeletedUser

Hah, great thread. Not too long ago I went hiking for the weekend with the family... and while I was out I had lost a city to CENOBITES.. he revolted me hours after I left and pushed the CS in before I even got home. I didn't even know the city was gone until a few hours after logging in when I was rebuilding and noticed something missing...

And more recently I left my offensive forces at home when not around and lost 2.2k pop and 1.2k pop in another place :( Been failing alot lately :p

DeletedUser

noob lol

1. princess did you lose city? yes.
2. do you know why I was send only this? no.
3. did you give me free BP when mighty surfero999 was kill your 300 biremes in my city day after this? yes. you was forgot to send them back. I was never forgot on this!!!
4. did I send some your support back that day when I was take this city? yes.
5. is this fair from me? yes

and you was say when yuo was attack me that I am turtle. how much support you was send in this city? this is fair game. dont whant to hear why you was lose city. you was lose it like I will one day. this is war game where we lose and take cities. on one or another way.

regards
scucko

DeletedUser

hey scucko welcome to the forums, wow way to get right down to business maybe you should try that in game as well :D

Princesslozza was pointing out she lost it cause she made a few mistakes. It happends lets face it how many times have you had her in revolt (sounds a bt naughty that) and she successful defended the city. I think its best to say she misplaced her brain on this one

DeletedUser

noob lol

1. princess did you lose city? yes.
2. do you know why I was send only this? no.
3. did you give me free BP when mighty surfero999 was kill your 300 biremes in my city day after this? yes. you was forgot to send them back. I was never forgot on this!!!
4. did I send some your support back that day when I was take this city? yes.
5. is this fair from me? yes

and you was say when yuo was attack me that I am turtle. how much support you was send in this city? this is fair game. dont whant to hear why you was lose city. you was lose it like I will one day. this is war game where we lose and take cities. on one or another way.

regards
scucko

scucko, A turtle?! I think, yes ! :p
Don't hide the fact scucko ..It's all good we don't hate turtles it makes the game fun, but you can't say you have more offensive forces than you do defensive. :cool:

hey scucko welcome to the forums, wow way to get right down to business maybe you should try that in game as well :D

Made me laugh.. :D

Good one, QCI. :p

DeletedUser

bla bla bla bla

oh I was forgot that you was try me. next time send CS to land when my revolt go hot lol