Passed God Passive Effect

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 30 68.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Search
Does this idea appear in the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No
Have you performed a search using key words from the title of your proposal and read any related threads? tried to non existed

Proposal
when you select a God for a city, it will give you a positive bonus effect.

Reason
The best thing about Grepolis that I think makes the game unique is the existence of Gods and how they affect the game. this is to boost their effect without any abuse.

Details

Zeus: +0.25%/(temple level) to all land unit power( attack and defense)
Poseidon: +0.25%/(temple level) to all naval unit power( attack and defense)
Athena:+0.4%/(temple level) faster recruitment, -0.4%/(temple level) cost of units ( land and sea units)
Hera: +0.4%/(temple level) faster building, +0.3%/(temple level) resource production.

P.S. each divine statue is considered as 5 additional temple levels for that city ( same as favor calculation)

Each bonus is calculated per city and DOES NOT stack in multiple cities.

example:

if you have Zeus in one city and a temple level of 8, 8*0.25=2..... you get +2% to all land unit power(attack and defense)

just by selecting a God for the city, this passive power will immediately take effect. ( working with other increases such as phalanx, population growth, happiness.. additively)

Visual Aids
no nead

Balance
There will be more reasons to choose different Gods.

Abuse Prevention

In case a GOD is changed for a city, it will take 48 hours for the passive to take effect.

Summary

The bonuses can be changed. but the main Idea is good I think

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Zeus: +10% to all land unit power( attack and defense)
Poseidon: +10% to all naval unit power( attack and defense)
Athena:+10% faster recruitment, -10% cost of units ( land and sea units)
Athena: +10% faster building, +10% resource production.

is that ment to be Hera

DeletedUser

This would make people switch gods after their first city.

I don't like it.
oh, this city has an incoming CS, quick switch to athena to build some defence, and then to poseidon to defend.
Oh my! My neighbor is trying to farm me again! Quick, switch to Zeus to defend
I'm about to build a whole lot of troops. Quick, switch to athena so I can get a few more
I'm about to go to sleep for the night.
Quick, switch to Hera so I can have more resources when I wake up.

DeletedUser

But when u change god you lose all your favour ;)

If you have cities worshiping the god already, just use the favour and then switch.
No difference is made.
I feel this would strongly change the balance of the game.

DeletedUser

This is a good idea, especially with the 48 hour limit. However I think that there are already enough differences between the Gods, plus the Gods already have a number of powers. If this were to be added I say to remove either one of the spells, or one of the creatures from each God.

DeletedUser

Doesn't this idea take away from the purpose of existing powers and the use of favor. First, these proposed power additions are already existing God powers that require favor. Second, if you can just change every 48 hours and you do so at the expense of giving up all accumulated favor, then you would effectively lessen the use of favor and weaken it's significance.

DeletedUser

Doesn't this idea take away from the purpose of existing powers and the use of favor. First, these proposed power additions are already existing God powers that require favor. Second, if you can just change every 48 hours and you do so at the expense of giving up all accumulated favor, then you would effectively lessen the use of favor and weaken it's significance.

no it wont, you just have to take more time to consider which god you want. adding to the complexity if the game.

DeletedUser

i like this idea. The 48 hour no change rule would probably screw up the pegasus defence that some good alliances use but overall i think it adds a lot to the game :)

DeletedUser

What is there was a passive effect on the city for just worshiping them, but instead of being something ENORMOUS like the idea has suggested, you combine the point Eclipse has made with Invoker's idea.

The passive effect is 1%/2%/3% tiled by how many cities you have worshiping that specific god, instead of the flat 10%, so the favor still accumulates and you still have a reason to use those favor points on happiness, etc.

So it would be if you worship the god they help you out a little, but in order for them to help you out a lot you have to spend your favor. This way no one can take advantage of the system by seeing an attack is coming in and just switching gods, etc. I mean they still could but it really wouldn't be worth their while.

In this modified 1% idea, though it seems fair and something kind of new, nice and different, I am not so sure it would be significant enough that the developers would want to spend their time coding and changing.

DeletedUser

I like that I am getting positive feedback... :) keep them comming

DeletedUser

This would make people switch gods after their first city.

I don't like it.

nope, if they switch Gods, even if they have a different city worshiping the same God they will loose all favors.

believe me, it happened to me, I had 2 cities worshiping Zeus with 300 favor points, when I changed one to worship Hera, I lost all favors.

DeletedUser2795

of course you lose all favors, but as said earlier, divine favor appears not to affect this idea.

DeletedUser

of course you lose all favors, but as said earlier, divine favor appears not to affect this idea.

i thought if you still have the God in another city, you will not.

favors affects my idea in the way of abuse prevention............. knowing that you loose all favors, even if you have him worshiped in another city, is a huge abuse prevention, even no need for the 48 hour rule

DeletedUser2795

I do not think that that is enough abuse prevention. 10% bonus is enough that I would willingly use it

DeletedUser

Resurrecting Mythical Units

Proposal
If a mythical unit dies, I can resurrect it by paying resources, and only 10% favor required.

Reason

most of the units takes a lot of time to be recruited because we need to accumulate favors.

If a mythical unit dies, why not resurrect it?

Details

Usually mythical units are just slightly better than ordinary units( speaking / population), they take a whole lot to create due to favor.

so any one having an army of mythical units will be very reluctant to attack with them since they take a lot of time to replace leaving the player vulnerable.

suppose I have 20 manticores in a city, when I attack, I loose 4.

in the temple ( or barracks), i should be able to order the units resurrected.

I will pay the same amount of resources( maybe 10%more), and it will take the same amount of time to finish( maybe 10%more). but only 10% favor requirement is needed ( rounded up). in the case of a manticore, it is 41.

plus ( as JKP3nt suggested) the player has 48 hours to put the request in queue, or the body deteriorates and the unit can no longer be resurrected)

since it can be argued that the gods already gave you this gift, u r just resurrecting it.

Visual Aids

none at the moment

Balance

mythical units will be used more often, it is what makes Grepolis special

Abuse Prevention

no abuse possible

Summary

tell me your point of view, I am ready to adapt the Idea if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.