Gold Trading Discussion and Feedback Thread

DeletedUser30636

the only thing that keeps gold users in balance is the fact that they have to wait for their resources, well not anymore! If your rich you can get to conquest in a matter of hours! screw the people who are less fortunate and cant afford to constantly pour their money into a game, or maybe the teenagers that dont have a steady income and dont really want to constantly ask mommy and daddy to spend all their money on a game. I hope Inno isnt suprised when they go out of business

DeletedUser22940

Lets get off the "inno needs to make money, therefore this feature is required" bandwagon.
There are so many ways that inno can boost thier revenue without jeopardizing the future integrity of this game. This feature may very well increase their operating overhead (see my several previous posts regarding the creation of a new black market and bots/hackers). There are several ways, in game, that they could increase gold purchases without affecting the balance of the game permanantly (also see several of my previous posts).
Aside from that, they could start advertisements in game and allow players to pay to avoid them. Thats double dipping even. How about improving the mobile appto a state of usability so that they could justify charging for it? It already gives players an advantage with just the attack alarm....inagine if we could actually play on it? Thats an easy €5.99.....

So, before you make a fool out of yourself, stop with that silly argument. Inno can turn more of a profit several ways from Sunday aside from this aweful feature. Dont pretend that they cant. Dont pretend like they arent already profitable either......

DeletedUser37948

not read the hole thread but it strikes me that players can join multiple servers to produce res to sell for gold then use that gold on there main server.

so taking this into account it would be possible for people who cant get gold anyother way to gain gold fast especialy if they start every new server and take advantage of the grepo gold whores deep pockets when extra res makes such a diferance!

DeletedUser32748

On the contrary, Gold users focus on one server so the multiple use of servers and differnt world exchange is not the issue here. The whole issue is that GOLD USERS tend to give away Gold to other players who are willing to exchange their resources for it. Plus early in the game there is not enough resources for people to exchange or even give others because simply every one is in the process of building his own city. Plus look at Gold exchange as a market scenario but instead of exchanging resources to resources you are exchanging resources for Gold. SOOOOO the trading exchange factor has been there from day one but this time you will have an option of resources exchange and then another option of Gold exchange. Now let us cut it short and simple. Ads could generate money YES it does. But to what extent. Forget Inno making money. Why?????? They are not a non profit organization or are they related to Global Aid agency. So stop trying to look for excuses and words and ways to beat the system and find ways that literally benefit you and others. Plus stop spending hours thinking on evading the main Subject and that is player feedback on the idea itself. I would highly recommend in this situation to implement the idea for a trial period and then make a study based upon the amount of exchange transactions per day for a month and then get a survey statistics about the amount of active users and who they are and decide to continue or not in it. Figures at the end do not lie.

DeletedUser27128

On the contrary, Gold users focus on one server so the multiple use of servers and differnt world exchange is not the issue here. The whole issue is that GOLD USERS tend to give away Gold to other players who are willing to exchange their resources for it. Plus early in the game there is not enough resources for people to exchange or even give others because simply every one is in the process of building his own city. Plus look at Gold exchange as a market scenario but instead of exchanging resources to resources you are exchanging resources for Gold. SOOOOO the trading exchange factor has been there from day one but this time you will have an option of resources exchange and then another option of Gold exchange. Now let us cut it short and simple. Ads could generate money YES it does. But to what extent. Forget Inno making money. Why?????? They are not a non profit organization or are they related to Global Aid agency. So stop trying to look for excuses and words and ways to beat the system and find ways that literally benefit you and others. Plus stop spending hours thinking on evading the main Subject and that is player feedback on the idea itself. I would highly recommend in this situation to implement the idea for a trial period and then make a study based upon the amount of exchange transactions per day for a month and then get a survey statistics about the amount of active users and who they are and decide to continue or not in it. Figures at the end do not lie.

I have 2 things to say about thiis.

1. You say that there are not enough resources at the beginning to trade with gold. Do you know how many players each server has at the start? About 40,000. You do the math and figure how many resources are there.

and 2. You want to see the results? Go on Grepolis Beta and check it out before talking further and embarrassing yourself.

DeletedUser37948

i dont think you understood my post

what im saying is people who dont pay to play will start new servers not to play them activly but to harvest gold to use on there main account on a diferent server.
This stratergy would possibly be a great source of gold revenue for players who cant get gold any other way. in fact depending on the mechanics this could even level out the playing field.

DeletedUser22940

Dear Purple Mods,

Can we please have an update on this effort?
Do you have a timeframe for implementation? Will this be implemented on existing worlds?
Have any of the suggestions in this thread been included in the live plans? If so, which ones?

Thanks,
~Saint

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Currently I believe Gold Trading has gone live in one of the smaller servers to they can gather more info on how it works and what limitations are needed as the beta is a limited sample size.

DeletedUser37948

just had a thought about this feature that is both interesting and disturbing

as you can trade res for gold to any player

1 it would be possible to feed team mates gold

2 it would be possible to exstort gold from players to keep them safe

while this is quite a scummy thing to do ive met players who im sure would stoop so low and find it fun
(still ultimatly you can always say no)

Zarun-

Strategos
After seeing this in actual action:

bzwkql8.png

I have to say it seems pretty horrifying. Although a new world doesn't have a lot of resources floating around for trade, this will enable heavy gold users to join late and buy their way up far easier than before.

And if inno implements it retroactively, then people will be joining worlds to mine gold for res. If we absolutely have to have this then I beg of you - new worlds only. Like heroes.

It will be bad enough seeing instant nukes go up all the time and only a few select players will be able to afford to do it, giving them ridiculous amounts of advantage.

There's already one guy (I'm sure you all know who I'm talking about) who buys his way through worlds then acts like he is the best player ever for doing it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser49052

I remember what a game changer the mobile app was to Grepolis but this put the nail in the coffin. When you can come out of beginners protection with 5 cities, just plain ridiculous. I admit to buying actual gold to speed build times, but this is one arms race I can't compete with nor do I wish to. Pay to win. I have two accounts. US and EN servers. I just canceled my US server.