Gold Trading Discussion and Feedback Thread

DeletedUser36743

Well we have all stated out points of view....no sense repeatedly posting and repeating ourselves (unless you think saying the same thing again and again will somehow help)....

DeletedUser46838

It is forbidden to buy or sell resources( for example on E-bay)
It is forbidden to sell your account, or to sell playing rights to your account.
It is forbidden to advertise gold or resources for sale on your profile.
It is forbidden to complete or accept game services for gold.
It is forbidden to ask a third party to conquer your enemies in exchange for gold.

~ Game Rules.

Inno, you've just broke the 3rd most important rule in the game! No telling other people to conquer cities in exchange for gold!!!!!!

DeletedUser36743

You can do fine without gold under the current system, with this being implemented it will make the community more dependent on it. Also I think the resources in most situations would be a lot more helpful than a small sum of gold, unless a premium player wouldn't put gold up if they think the resources are not worth what they paid. So no it wouldn't quite balance out.

In other news the devblog came out yesterday I believe and the guy said he saw the negative feedback and that they will keep it in the beta for quite a while. It can be found here

Exactly my point Breeze..... since you can get by without gold at present you are unlikely to accept a ridiculous trade ratio just for some gold... people (especially those who dont use gold) will pretty quickly realize that just getting a few bits of gold will not help and that they were dumb in giving away the resources so cheap....I guess what i am saying in very quickly common sense will prevail and barring an odd chance you are unlikely to get tons of resources for a few gold coins...

I use gold in grepo ...only for some advisors.....very seldom to hasten a build....my need is restricted to a couple of hundred gold coins a fortnight.... i didnt know this is all i needed when i didnt use gold (I somehow thought i needed lots and lots of it)...was pleasantly surprised that i could do most of what i wanted with just this.... i think many people will realize that while lots of gold is desirable ... not too much is necessary to play effectively ... hence I see this move as being inclusive - in that good non gold players will be able to level the playing field

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser46838

The game itself is already unbalanced.

In this one world I was playing , when I was at 1800 points, the top 5 players were at like 4500+ points. Now if you add this, those players will be at 8000 points ....

DeletedUser36743

This is true but we always have to remember that not everyone playing understands the game, such as new players. So they won't be able to recognize a lopsided deal if all of them are at an unreasonable price, and might accept one anyway.

This is possible but improbable... a good way of judging this....is seeing how many times you have posted a 1:3 trade and seen it accepted and in how much time.... I tried that when I started out in grepo (thinking some retard will accept my trade....lol...) and discovered pretty soon that my trade just sat there and didnt get concluded for days together....just limiting my marketplace capacity...common sense prevailed pretty soon

...However there are some people who are afraid of using premium features because they are afraid they will get addicted to the benefits, and buy to much.

You hit the hammer on the head.... this segment is the largest set of players (IMO).......I call them serious non gold grepo players (for want of a better word)...they understand the game and are unhappy coz of the uneven playing field... they will be able to even the playing field with this development (without having to buy gold) and will add to the pool of serious players in grepo....this in turn will help improve the game

I think we should all put our heads together and figure out how to limit abuse with this ....

DeletedUser

This is possible but improbable... a good way of judging this....is seeing how many times you have posted a 1:3 trade and seen it accepted and in how much time.... I tried that when I started out in grepo (thinking some retard will accept my trade....lol...) and discovered pretty soon that my trade just sat there and didnt get concluded for days together....just limiting my marketplace capacity...common sense prevailed pretty soon
but you weren't offering gold

DeletedUser

Once again....cant figure out if you are trolling or just....(facepalm)

If you think I'm wrong, please explain why instead of just insulting me, because when you just insult people with no explanation it's called trolling

anyway, new players will see gold and think that 10 gold is a good offer for their entire warehouse

DeletedUser

"You owe me 600 gold tax every month for being in my ocean. For every day you are late I will conquer one of your cities!"

DeletedUser36743

anyway, new players will see gold and think that 10 gold is a good offer for their entire warehouse

Read my post # 272...

Given the assumption that a player has common sense (i know this is a big assumption...but humor me) .... a player very quickly realizes that he gave away too many resources for very little gold... and will not repeat this...

The analogy in the 1:3 trade ratio was...... inspite of those said newbies....your 1:3 trade offer almost never gets accepted.... You need to ask yourself WHY is that

Was trying to extrapolate the learning from there to the case in point...

I trust you are happy now that i have explained in greater detail

DeletedUser46838

However if it's a gold 1:3 ratio, people would actually buy it because it's worth it...

If you put a trade of 100 gold for 300 wood, would you accept it? Of course you would.

( that would actually balance the game because now people can just go to the market and get some gold for little resources)

DeletedUser44167

Limit trading gold too

days you have been playing on the server * 2? - gold traded

so if you been playing on rhammus 10 days you have a 20 gold trading limit
trade 5 gold
now you only have 15 tradable gold
maximum tradable gold you can have at any time be a certain limit also

base trade would be (compared to 50 gold Olympics CP)
1 gold per 1000 resources
you can offer more gold per 1000 resources but
not less

"I will glad pay you tuesday for a Hamcity today"

DeletedUser

Read my post # 272...

Given the assumption that a player has common sense (i know this is a big assumption...but humor me) .... a player very quickly realizes that he gave away too many resources for very little gold... and will not repeat this...

The analogy in the 1:3 trade ratio was...... inspite of those said newbies....your 1:3 trade offer almost never gets accepted.... You need to ask yourself WHY is that

Was trying to extrapolate the learning from there to the case in point...

I trust you are happy now that i have explained in greater detail
but new players tend to think gold is much better than it really is! Did you even read what I posted?

DeletedUser36743

However if it's a gold 1:3 ratio, people would actually buy it because it's worth it...

If you put a trade of 100 gold for 300 wood, would you accept it? Of course you would.

( that would actually balance the game because now people can just go to the market and get some gold for little resources)

Now put yourself in the shoes of the person offering the Gold....would you offer 100 gold for 300 wood...ofcouse you wouldnt...you'd feel that is way too expensive...

so what would you do...

maybe offer 100 gold for 3000 wood..... would you do that....would that still be expensive...i think so....

so what would I do

maybe offer 100 gold for 15000 wood.... would I do that....maybe if i needed the wood desperately.... i would ofcouse need to consider

Now lets look at it from the other traders point of view...would i give away 15000 wood for 100 gold...maybe i would and maybe i wouldnt...

the short point is .....the trades will find their own level basis demand and supply...

A two big assumptions we all make (usually the non gold users)

1) Is that you need tons of gold to play effectively....you dont
2) Peeps will give anything for a few gold coins....I think peeps are smart and will very quickly learn to evaluate and figure out what's best for them

DeletedUser

Now put yourself in the shoes of the person offering the Gold....would you offer 100 gold for 300 wood...ofcouse you wouldnt...you'd feel that is way too expensive...

so what would you do...

maybe offer 100 gold for 3000 wood..... would you do that....would that still be more expensive...i think so....

so what would I do

maybe offer 100 gold for 15000 wood.... would I do that....maybe if i needed the wood desperately.... i would ofcouse need to consider

Now lets look at it from the other traders point of view...would i give away 15000 wood for 100 gold...maybe i would and maybe i wouldnt...

the short point is .....the trades will find their own level basis demand and supply...

A two big assumptions we all make (usually the non gold users)

1) Is that you need tons of gold to play effectively....you dont
2) Peeps will give anything for a few gold coins....I think peeps are smart and will very quickly learn to evaluate and figure out what's best for them
but that assumption will lead players to accept stupid trades

DeletedUser36743

but new players tend to think gold is much better than it really is! Did you even read what I posted?

and given common sense will pretty quickly discover that that isnt the case....but like i said you do require common sense for that to happen

DeletedUser46838

I'm saying Inno would have to restrict it to a 1:4 ratio or something close to that.