Gold Trading Discussion and Feedback Thread

DeletedUser46838

By the time "common sense" roles in, the gold users will be stuffed with resources and they will gold spam.

And consider the fact the majority of the players are noobs.

DeletedUser36743

but new players will constantly be coming in

and given common sense they too will learn and quickly discover the nuances of the game (like they will learn the rest of the game)....its called climbing up the learning curve

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

and given common sense they too will learn and quickly discover the nuances of the game (like they will learn the reset of the game)....its called climbing up the learning curve

but the learing curve will take a long time if they're just getting ripped off with 10 gold for 10,000 resource trades

DeletedUser46838

So why can't we just scrap the whole thing and just put it in the trash can?

DeletedUser36743

but the learing curve will take a long time if they're just getting ripped off with 10 gold for 10,000 resource trades

They get ripped off - of BPs....coz they attack with swords and defend with slings...so they climb the learning curve....this is no different.....like everything else in life...you gotta learn to compete...nobody gives you anything on a platter

DeletedUser

They get ripped off - of BPs....coz they attack with swords and defend with slings...so they climb the learning curve....this is no different.....like everything else in life...you gotta learn to compete...nobody gives you anything on a platter

actually yes they do, people do give you things on a platter. Example, people giving you a full warehouse for 10 gold

DeletedUser

I can see why peeps say common sense is commonly found missing

Me too, in people like you. People who are new to a game like this will think premium is almost necessary and will hold that belief for a while, and the gold users will exploit these players with horrible trades

DeletedUser23986

a few thoughts on abuse control

1) Gold earned through trades in a world can should only be usable in that world...cannot be transferred to another world (this is so peeps dont start harvesting gold in multiple worlds to use elsewhere)

2) Trades to be suspended during BP

4) Gold Trade to be permissible if the Marketplace is atleast Level 15

1.) If gold is not transferable, that would be a very bad idea.

2.) 4.) Players can make the most profit in the early few days, after that the ratio would go up.

DeletedUser

I'm new to Grepolis (1 week old today) and it's multiverse, but it seems to me that if a player can have accounts on multiple worlds at the same time, and that gold in an account can be used between them, that people will just resource farm many worlds to pay for rapid developement in one. The only strategy left will be to hord gold until a new world starts then buy as many construction perks as you can get until the money runs out. How will regular guys compete with the uber cities that are colonizing within three days?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36743

1.) If gold is not transferable, that would be a very bad idea.

lol...i know where u are coming from....the risk if its made transferable is a whole net set of players / game strategy where peeps will try and game the system...

it may be good to try and think out a way to control abuse that this can bring about (I couldnt think of one so recommended what i did)....

DeletedUser10962

lol...i know where u are coming from....the risk if its made transferable is a whole net set of players / game strategy where peeps will try and game the system...

it may be good to try and think out a way to control abuse that this can bring about (I couldnt think of one so recommended what i did)....

Not just new people hell if they brought this in I would just step back from playing for a few months and play to sell resources for gold. Then wait until a server that takes my fancy comes along and join it and just spend my way all the way up to the top. They HAVE to make gold not transferrable between worlds and not be able to use it to buy or sell resources for the first month of each players play time equivalent to BP there should be an enforced embargo on any player until they have been playing that server for a month.

Of course that would probably reduce innos income so that won't happen

DeletedUser23986

Not just new people hell if they brought this in I would just step back from playing for a few months and play to sell resources for gold. Then wait until a server that takes my fancy comes along and join it and just spend my way all the way up to the top.
whats wrong with it?

its an option to all, compulsion to none?

DeletedUser10962

It's wrong because it will hugely increase the gap between the casual free player and the big spending gold players. It used to be the case that a bad big gold spender would still be outdone by a quality player who didn't spend as much. Now this isn't the case. What's wrong with it is that you shouldn't have people who are essentially being paid to give resources to someone else it's actually outlined as something that is not allowed by the rules of the game.

The problem for me is that we will see players who join at the start of the server and will literally pay their way to level 40 farm full nukes and cq ready to go when BP ends. I don't want to see that happening because it means every new player to grepo is going to quit and leave. I like this game and want more people to play it and this feature makes it even easier for gold players to farm new players into quitting right out of the gate.

DeletedUser

I haven't played grepo for quite some time and have no plans to return. I left for personal reasons, not because the game had gotten so bad. With that said this update looks like it could easily be a game killer. There is just way to many ways to abuse this gold trading feature. Very sad to see a once awesome game going down this trail.

I think even if I do come back to the real time mmo strategy game world ever grepo will not be the game. Grepo already consumed a huge chunk of peoples time to stay competitive. Now with this new feature if you don't use loads of gold(I always just used for captain and admin) it will be even more difficult to compete and take even more of your time. In the past when people had complained about gold abusers blah blah I disagreed and always stated you can easily be a top 10 or so attacker without much gold use. This feature makes it pay to win as many have stated before me, you can basically buy resources now. What is stopping a heavy gold user from spending a bunch of gold and rebuilding their nukes in 20 of their cities in a 15 minute timeframe?

skiboot

Phrourach
I have played and watched over many years as Inno slowly introduced "pay" features to the point where it is now possible to "buff" virtually any troop queue or building with gold use.

I always said to myself that if Inno ever implemented a feature that allowed you to buy resources with gold then it would be time for me to sign out. As that "holy grail" approaches I have decided that my time in the game will end as soon as it has been implemented. It has been fun over these last few years but I feel the competitive balance of the game has been damaged to the point where skill matters little.

I have always used gold in moderation but the advantages available to those with deep pockets are now such that it is quite easy to see very poor players sitting at the top of the rankings. The game is poorer for it in my opinion.

Grepo has provided me with some marvellous enjoyment over the last few years but this is a step too far from Inno and Nysa will be my last server as a result.

DeletedUser25249

Got an announcement pm in game to give feedback, so here goes, this is a silly feature, propper gold whores will rule as they do now but with to big a advantage being able to que up an army so easily.

DeletedUser

same im going to leave the game once this gets introduced ill stay to play on the worlds im in at the moment but wont start anymore..