Gold Trading Discussion and Feedback Thread

DeletedUser

Limiting it by ratio won't work, you need to look at how it would work if you had 1 city but also if you had 20...

I just started on En80 now in the first few days I would have paid a 500 gold for 10k resources, but when I had 177 cities on an old world, 10 gold for 10k resources would maybe be acceptable if I was desperate...
you just don't get it, it is an INSTANT nuke. If you're farming a gold user, he can just get 1500 LDU in 1 hour. There's no skill involved in that.

DeletedUser20948

Fine. Let's see how many people hate this idea....want to bet Baudin?

<--------SIGN BELOW IF YOU DISLIKE THE GOLD TRADE--------------------->
Rock5
SirNoelRules
Civecnavi
A breeze
Bytting
Person67

signed

DeletedUser

No offense but look at the big picture, one nuke on a world where you have 20+ cities isn't that much, and that hard just divert some of resources around ... It is quite a common think to do when you have a larger account.
that's 1 nuke at the beginning of the game. later in the game, it's 20 nukes. or 50 nukes. or 200 nukes.

Also, the value of resources would go down over time, not up. So eventually in a world 1gold=a full warehouse

Last edited by a moderator:

Aicy

Strategos
Grepolis will only be online as long as it is making money, now lets be honest a quick look at the stat sites show numbers appear to be dropping. So every new source of revenue the game can utilise the better it means the game will be around for much longer

Do you know why the numbers are dropping? Because of stuff like this. At the start of Grepolis's life pretty much the only thing you could spend gold on was the advisers and cutting building time. Since then they've added in dozens of ways in all aspects of the game to give gold players a very big advantage, and each time more and more players quit. The biggest drop was around about with 2.0 and allowing you to cut troop recruitment times among other things.

Next is the small quantity of gold whores, to be honest we are talking say 10 people per world, so it isn't really worth bothering with these guys we need to be more concerned with the balance of the game for the other 20000 people playing.

Heh. I guess it's your definition of "gold whore". I wouldn't be surprised if there are more than 100 players per world who spend more than 4k gold just on their first city, and then you have the top 10 who spend dozens of thousands of gold for ridiculous growth early on, or for example those few who remain in 4 digit BP despite having 40+ cities as they are shelling out gold on Olympic games.

Either way, if you value good competition and skill then already does the 10 gold whores go against it. Grepolis is already a very unfair game towards those that want to play it for free - what it is advertised as. This will only make it much much worse. Buying resources is ridiculous... and as I said in my previous post before it got deleted - disgusting.

DeletedUser30636

You also need to understand these games have to make money, without a business model around that you have game. - but these points are a touch off topic so ill leave it at that.

yes, but games also need players. and im sure that if this was implemented the game would take a huge loss of players. rock, put my name on your petetion

Aicy

Strategos
Ok, so I actually know many players who have said that they have quit because of the gold creep. Probably the two best were 25 2 Life and Aurave. I personally quit for more than 2 years because of it, only just coming back for Daizan's premade on Rhammus. The biggest drop that I saw was before world wonders (because I quit before world wonders was implemented).

It's true that you can run festivals and plays, but there is no doubt in my mind there is a few players who spend a lot of gold running the olympics.

As a whole if you begin at the start of the world and are a new player not using gold, if you are unfortunate enough to not choose the right alliance you WILL be rimmed by one of the many many players who do use gold, or a lot of gold.

Before Grepolis ever existed Innogames managed to make money and not just get by but grow and expand with far less money features. Tribalwars existed for a very long time just with their monthly premium feature which is analogous to the advisers in Grepolis in terms of cost... except that didn't give you more resources or better battles - just made the game easier to play. It's not until recently that Innogames have gotten very greedy and have turned to the route of preferring a much more small user-base but with a few players who spend a LOT of money, rather than a large user base with many players spending a small amount of money.

Last edited:

DeletedUser29066

I'm against the idea of Gold Trading. If I had my way gold could only be used for the advisors and not for anything else. Barring that change, which I realize is unlikely to be implemented, I'd settle for making the cost for advisors a little lower while greatly increasing the cost for reducing construction and recruitment times. If a player had to pay 100 gold for accelerating a building instead of just 25 it might make some of them think twice. However, cutting the cost of advisors to 50 could offset that just a bit.

DeletedUser22940

/signed

P.S. - not sure what the point of the DevBlog is if they are only going to "accept" posts that further their cause. My post was very constructive and from the point of view of a loyal player of 3+ years. If they only want one point of view, write the damn thing themselves; don't allow posts

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22940

You also need to understand these games have to make money, without a business model around that you have game. - but these points are a touch off topic so ill leave it at that.

Saska - there are so many ways that Inno could introduce new features to incentivize gold purchases and, thus, increase revenue. Disregarding the golden balance that they have found - that many players (including myself) seek out in an online game - should not be the route that is taken. I cannot tell you how many times I was told that the single reason players picked Grepolis was because of two (2) reasons: (1) the vigilance in banning cheaters, and, (2) the balance between premium and non-premium players.

This will break the balance. 1 city or 20 cities. Player who has the advantage at 1 city will have the advantage at 20 cities. Growth in Grepolis is a linear scale (i.e. he who has a head start towards city #5 will still have an advantage at city # 20 given the same effort).

This is not the way to go about it . There are so many, more inspirational and creative ways (I have posted a couple of effortless ideas in the threads above).....

DeletedUser

So a many incorrect statements above aicy, first while you may have felt 2.0 had the biggest drop in players I would totally disagree. When they started closing the worlds to new players, and introduced world wonders made the biggest difference. The majority of players leave due to a work/life balance. Maybe I don't associate in the right circles but I have never heard of a player leaving due then gold issue you talk of.

While I don't want to point out the obvious to someone as seasoned as you... you can have 40 cities, no bp and not used any gold.

Your examples you are referring to are all edge cases, you need to look at how the player base as a whole would adapt to the change.

the thing is, look at the feedback to this idea, mainly look at how many players stated they quit if this was implemented, and the people on the forums represent the entire grepo community

DeletedUser27128

This is a good idea overall, but benefits too much for the gold users. So I suggest one thing:

There should be a set LIMIT for each day of trading. Somewhere around 20k res, so its not giving gold users a big advantage. Also, the minimum trade ratio should be 1:200 (1 gold for every 200 resources, that makes 100 gold for 20,000 resources). The number ARE NOT FIXED, and can be tweaked a bit if you think the ratio is not good.

DeletedUser

What about a vocal majority, with a vocal minority you see quite a few people disagreeing. Just about no one has come up and said they support the idea as it is.
exactly, only one person has supported the idea as is, and has really only said he thought it was good because inno would profit, which they won't