Gold Trading Discussion and Feedback Thread

DeletedUser10962

Can we start a list of all the players who are opposed to this idea as long as it allows players to effectively buy resources:

Djdom32

DeletedUser10962

Also here are a number of suggestions I would want to be introduced to make this even vaguely balanced.

1. Cannot trade gold in the first month of a server
2. Have a fixed rate you buy resources at so you don't get one player effectively funding their friend.
3. Any gold traded can only be used in that world.

The reasons for this should be self evident but anyway the first one is so you don't have big gold splatters with full farms and troops for the end of BP on every server. The second so you can't have one guy effectively buying gold for someone else. The third is to prevent the abuse that I would do if you brought this in. I would play every world and farm constantly then trade my resources for gold. Build up a big balance then play another server where I can use my new huge gold balance to dominate

DeletedUser

the idea should be scrapped altogether. just no part of the idea will work

DeletedUser43325

The sad thing is my guess is that this "discussion" is strictly a formality, the feature is already being developed and will be implemented regardless of any opposition. The increase in revenue that they will see from allowing players to buy resources will far outweigh the cost of losing players.

DeletedUser30490

exactly inno has only once(i think) changed their mind with a new feature or development and that was with the harbor checks

DeletedUser

It all boils down to Inno gaining an the player not.I will quit grepo an I spend some money on gold,but is mostly used for the premiums of Administrator,Commander, Priest, Merchant , an Captain.If you add this there will be no point to play the game as winner is chosen by how much gold they have not skill or time needed to play to win.You will be able to log-in once a day an build entire army in 24 hrs if you wish to burn tons of gold for resources.

I have hated the world wonders since been put into place.I will leave Grepolis an take my money somewhere else to spend. Inno is about to lose most all the players that made Grepolis what it is.They are now broadcasting across TV an other places.We will hurt inno by quitting slightly.They will still get newcomers to the servers,but they will be losing the players that made them what they are today.Without us Grepolis would be nothing an doomed to fail.

If this is what Inno wishes they shall have it.I think this is a horrible idea an if happens we soon will see an end of a game that has gotten too greedy an rightfully deserves failure with all about gold features.

DeletedUser22940

Seven pages of negative response in a little over 48 hours
would love to hear some input from the mod team

DeletedUser

It seems as though Inno is going to implement this whether we like it or not. While I think it is a terrible idea that will ruin the game, here's a suggestion:

Why not make it a setting on a world to be switched on and off depending on the world? Similar to morale or the world speed. That way the players angry about this won't quit, and Inno can still get their extra money from the feature.

If this is put into the game as a permanent feature however you will lose tons of players who fund your game. Someone further up mentioned about how there is 3 classes of gold-spenders, and the largest middle group of players who spend gold would be completely gone, the majority of them quitting. It might boost the money you make short term, but it will destroy the game we all love to play. If the devs seem to have so much time on their hands coming up with ideas that can't possibly work, why not do something to change the game for the better, such as changing the WW and end-game.

DeletedUser

It seems as though Inno is going to implement this whether we like it or not. While I think it is a terrible idea that will ruin the game, here's a suggestion:

Why not make it a setting on a world to be switched on and off depending on the world? Similar to morale or the world speed. That way the players angry about this won't quit, and Inno can still get their extra money from the feature.

If this is put into the game as a permanent feature however you will lose tons of players who fund your game. Someone further up mentioned about how there is 3 classes of gold-spenders, and the largest middle group of players who spend gold would be completely gone, the majority of them quitting. It might boost the money you make short term, but it will destroy the game we all love to play. If the devs seem to have so much time on their hands coming up with ideas that can't possibly work, why not do something to change the game for the better, such as changing the WW and end-game.

I agree Panda that they will go ahead an do this with or without are liking as we seen it multiple times already.

I think the idea of separate worlds for those who will like it an those who will not would be a great solution to the issue an keep many players still playing.If people wish to rebuild an army with gold instead of time an game play then allow them to do it among-st themselves an not impair are gaming.They can have a gold world if they like,but not all should be forced to play there if we wish to play this game.

DeletedUser42857

Also here are a number of suggestions I would want to be introduced to make this even vaguely balanced.
1. Cannot trade gold in the first month of a server
2. Have a fixed rate you buy resources at so you don't get one player effectively funding their friend.
3. Any gold traded can only be used in that world.

Would agree with those.

Would also add
4. Maximum of 250 gold can be traded per day per person
5. "Alliance only" trade option to be greyed out for gold transactions, so that gold trades were available to all players, this would help control a lot of the abuse that could happen.
6. No Gold trade once WW has started. This is a big concern, that players will just go on trading sprees, selling resources during WW to the highest bidder aand saving up tons of gold (This could partly be controlled by gold only being allowed to be used on the world in which its traded). Its already in some players heads, ww in one world where they are unlikley to win, so sell resources to fund their "main" world.

But I think there are so many flaws in this plan, and the potential for abuse is huge. If this was an idea from a player, the abuse criteria would be enough for it to be rejected.

DeletedUser22650

if a player put this in ideas he would be dismissed and laughed out of there immediately, im betting if we scan the archive we'll find exactly that

DeletedUser22940

Dux - I scanned a few pages of the ideas section because I could not fathom a fellow player ever recommending something like this. Needless to say, this idea did not come from there.

DeletedUser

I think the mods have skipped the country in fear of what we do to them.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
This is a thread looking for your feedback on this feature, it's harder to collect feedback from an entire community than it is for just the mods. We can ask each mod individually what they think but we can't do that with the players as there are too many of you. Hence the thread.

DeletedUser46838

Which we all said no to this trade yet your still implementing it? Do you not care about our opinions?

DeletedUser30636

this is ridiculous, lets allow rich players to pay people thousands of gold so they can get more resources, if this is implemented im done with this game

DeletedUser

I've only been playing for four months so I don't even have much time invested, so quitting won't be a problem, and I'll gladly quit if this gets implemented. Reason, all the people that would be able to just go "OH, I just got a few hundred dollars, now I can go win grepolis in 3 minutes". This would literally be the very definition of "pay to win". You get gold, automatic win.