Gold Trading Discussion and Feedback Thread

DeletedUser22940

BT - not looking for your input on the matter.
You are the voice of Inno on these forums. Hoping to get some feedback in that regard. Where does Inno stand on this feature? Are they deadset on implementing or are our opinions being heard and considered?

DeletedUser46838

I have made a thread against this. And then someone closed it.

Hmmmmmm, breaking our freedom of speech?

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Would be silly to have a feedback thread if your opinions didn't matter. Inno asks us for the community's feedback so we collect it and give it to them.

DeletedUser46838

Yeah then explain why my message was deleted off the DevBlog's page?

I told them to remove it, and afterwards they just deleted my message.

DeletedUser46838

Fine. Let's see how many people hate this idea....want to bet Baudin?

<--------SIGN BELOW IF YOU DISLIKE THE GOLD TRADE--------------------->
Rock5
SirNoelRules
Civecnavi
A breeze
Bytting
Person67
SaintedStarr
KyleHob
Gunellator
ShreftyThred
Hassan al-Sabbah
EzyPezy
Kuriants
Tanarkin
SafariBobz
Cantareli
buddy1971
EliHusky
C0nvict
Slothbozeman
Dave3737s
thegreatxar
Queen of Hearts
jethro75usa
Figtree2
Kadjayuni
Checkmate
Mac Bolan
kharnath
Acupuncture
Aah-LEE-Sah
Joseph Nieves

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Would be silly to have a feedback thread if your opinions didn't matter. Inno asks us for the community's feedback so we collect it and give it to them.

well after our feedback our they still even considering this idea?

DeletedUser46838

Would you like it if I give you

50 gold for 1000 silver ? Of course you won't.

DeletedUser

Having been on multiple sides of the table in my time, I feel this is a potential great feature.

Yes I did say great.

So lets me be clear I have some key concerns around abuse, however they could be addressed.

So first lets look at the positive

Players often complain about the game being unbalanced by not being able to afford gold, but now players that haven't yet purchased gold can get the opportunity to play with some. For me this has to be the biggest win of all, leading to overall a more balanced game.

Grepolis will only be online as long as it is making money, now lets be honest a quick look at the stat sites show numbers appear to be dropping. So every new source of revenue the game can utilise the better it means the game will be around for much longer

Overall it appears this feature could bring InnoGames some more money, and spread gold around a larger potion of the player base.

However in it's current form it has some potential ways to abuse it, which could be addressed before the full launch.

If gold traded is allowed to move between worlds, this could be a flaw in the system, for example a player which has a large account on one server could trade resources to get gold, with a 100 cities or so you have enough to run with alot of small transactions (ie 10 gold) to feed an awful lot of gold in to another world. This should be looked at by restrictions being applied to the gold moving between worlds.

Next is the small quantity of gold whores, to be honest we are talking say 10 people per world, so it isn't really worth bothering with these guys we need to be more concerned with the balance of the game for the other 20000 people playing.

We also should focus on past the two week mark, everyone focused on how fast you can build with gold at the start of the game that is say 2 weeks out of 18months that then world will be alive, big gold spending early in great but not sustainable long term. - a simple way around this is it doesn't come on to effect until the two/three mark of a world most big players at this point won't get the benefit but the smaller ones will.

Personally the -25% in resources you can apply with gold is effective at *buying* resources then this system.

Overall from my experience this will enhance the game if done correctly.

but the gold users won't be making fair trades, they'll be doing 10 gold for 5000 resources

DeletedUser46838

The only way I'll support if it follows the rules. Maximum 3:1 ratio.

DeletedUser46838

I get gold, you get gold we all get gold....rebalances the game like that