Graphics CnC (Comment and Critique)

DeletedUser

I'm assuming you want me to CnC your current signature. If you it seems to just be a textdrop with a few other things added in. I don't want to sound mean but I don't want to sugar coat it either. So, follow guides/tutorials and you'll be great in no time!

Also, CnC my current signature for the next person! :)

DeletedUser18825

HP didn't make that sig. It was made for him...

Anyway, the sig you made:

Nice effect. The small text is too hard to read. The big text is basic, and not really that special. The dude looks clear and like he's actually there (which is good). The pink flares add nice effects, but could be placed a little better. The left side adds a nice contrast, but could be more detailed. I give it an 8/10. Very nice work, and obviously not just a render on a stock with some text slapped on.

DeletedUser

HP didn't make that sig. It was made for him...

Anyway, the sig you made:

Nice effect. The small text is too hard to read. The big text is basic, and not really that special. The dude looks clear and like he's actually there (which is good). The pink flares add nice effects, but could be placed a little better. The left side adds a nice contrast, but could be more detailed. I give it an 8/10. Very nice work, and obviously not just a render on a stock with some text slapped on.

The small text is unreadable for a reason! :p If I made it large enough for you to read you would tell me you can't understand it lol. It's more or less something to take up space and add to the appeal. The only text you're really meant to be able to read is my name the Skrillex. But thanks for the rate none the less, I really appreciate it!

DeletedUser

I like the sig above, but there is one but! I hate to say this and please don't think that i am some kind of sick minded person, but the grunge /falling apart effect on the dude's face, especially on the lips and around the mouth needs to go. Why? To me it looks like herpes...I just can't get that idea out of my head.

Here is my latest work, i want some CnC plz.

crstationsig.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well, I'm going to be brutally honest. In my opinion the above piece looks like it may have taken you possibly 30 minutes. It consists of a background that is easily obtainable then a few renders which you applied some motion blurs to. The text is sub par at best and in all honesty the piece would be better off without the text due to the fact that it takes away from the flow of the piece. Overall, you need to look into new tutorials. Stretch your wings and hop on out of the nest that you're in because right now a lot of your work looks exactly the same.

I'm not trying to be the new mean guy in town or anything, I'm trying to give true and honest CnC of pieces that I would accept if I was on the receiving end of the comments.

DeletedUser

great CnC, must get out of the nest. The image above is designed for a specific order and specific game. As for the style, i just refuse to make generics with small texts, lots of c4ds, smudging, etc, just not me.

Wow, just noticed some reactions, i guess i need to explain a couple of things:

1. I did not mean that Adonis has herpes,no way i meant to say that, perhaps i needed an extra line in between my thoughts.
2. The FX looks like the guy has herpes.
3. I could care less if you report it.
4. My comment was not meant to be negative, someone needs to take a chill pill.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well, to prevent a massive flame war I'm going to ignore your comments and recommend you watch what you say from now on (nod)

DeletedUser

goody, cuz u are the second new guy, who is starting beef with me. it was not intentional, lets just drop it.

DeletedUser

I really didn't start a beef with anyone :S I took a CnC from you and then gave you one I don't understand quite exactly what I did to "start a beef".

DeletedUser

<--dropping out of this conversation. Lets just forget about this incident.

DeletedUser

Here is my latest work, i want some CnC plz....

This one's good nonetheless. I just like to mention a few things, first the lighting on the ship is not so much evident. Second, the render is not fitting with the Backdrop. It seems 3d designed while the BG is realistic. Third the depth needs some more work. But I think the flow is good, the focal is clearly seen, and the border's one-of a kind. The text ,however, is small. That is, if you're going to use it for a site banner or advertisement is should be more bigger and eye-catchy.

CnC?
guns_n___women_by_mbalmeo32-d55dknk.png

DeletedUser

Overall a very good piece. Loose the drop shadow on the text, looks rather odd where you have it placed now. It also looks like you sharpened the entire signature/tag which is a good idea but you need to erase the sharpen layer where the focal isn't. I would also recommend using a blur of sorts on the entire tag and then erasing the layer where the focal is. Overall its a really nice piece and with a few minor tweaks it will be even better!

DeletedUser

@mbalmeo I think you overused overlays effects,maybe lowering the opacity of few will make it even better,nice attempt though :)

DeletedUser

Drop the border and the text, they add nothing. Esp. the text is taking the 'in-space' feeling away. If you add some better lightning and work on the blending then this would be pretty good :)

It's not bad, but I feel like you overdid it with the C4D's, it's a chaos. Especially the bottom of the tag takes away too much attention from your focal. As Adonis said, use blurring and sharpen to make the focal stand out more. Furthermore, it's slightly over contrasted (lightsource on her schoulder)

DeletedUser

Thanks for the CnC, Skully and Mbalm.

Let me explain something, unlike a lot of people here, I work under specific guidelines given to me by my customers. Usually they tell me what they want, I create a first draft, send it to them and we go from there. They tell me what they want to be changed, added, tweaked, etc.

Here is the sample order fort the Colonial Radio:

This is for an RP project for the Colonial Republic.

KCLN 107.7 FM - Colonial Radio

A CR rock and roll radio station.

The sig should feature a CR Celestra transport, with lots of extra broadcast gear - antenna's, broadcast dish's, etc - all along the top of it. The ship itself should be somewhat beat up looking, maybe being chased by a couple GRN\GRP ships.

I presented you my first draft for your CnC just for ... and giggles. After that the guy, who wants this project, requested me to make some changes, which I didn't like, but hey, he is the paying customer, so I did what he wanted. For example, i had to change the size of the ship, which took out the balance of the whole image and he wanted larger text. Also he wanted engine glow and less ship damage.

DeletedUser

In the future post what you were going for with the sig, that way we can keep that in mind ;)

deadelus_sig_by_skullyhoofd-d55khwq.png

CnC???​

DeletedUser

@Skullyhoofd

Really is a good piece. I would only recommend blurring the outer edges of it. One really outstanding feature that is drawing away from the focal is the light source and then the bit below it. It seems a tad too sharp for me, but then again that could just be me trying to find something wrong with it :S

Anyways, great Tag!

DeletedUser

In the future post what you were going for with the sig, that way we can keep that in mind ;)

deadelus_sig_by_skullyhoofd-d55khwq.png

CnC???​

I like the render first of all

Left side is bit messy,would have been netter without that light source,also render is quite dull here,render needs to pop out I think some blur and sharpen over the focal plus erasing Gmap there will make it perfect.

DeletedUser

Guys, i would like to make a public statement:

*** I CAN'T CnC YOU CUZ I SUCK ***