Harbingers v. The Huns

DeletedUser

haha well then you should want me there. Easier the better right?

DeletedUser15049

Phil, I read the closed thread re paul grady. It is all news to me. Been awol.

I would say paul isn't a mad axe murderer, there has been no malicious intent shown at all, and it is meant to be fun this game. He has done it for a giggle as he sees it. He clearly hasn't expected such a huge furore and drama to develop from what was just a daft harmless wind-up from his perspective. Pretending to be Nick. As a laugh. It is a form of compliment really. If Nick was a nobody he'd have hardly done it.

We are talking about guys in the office having a little war play and a giggle here. Lets put it into the right perspective and calm down on the heavy labels here.

That aside, I think Nick is right to be a concerned at his image appearing on a profile but I hope to chat to him as we are all in danger here of making it a little bigger than it should be. All he need have done was mail him and deal with him directly on any concerns. Or mail me. Nick knows I would have spoken to people about this. I understand his concerns but I think this war carry on is getting a little too serious all round. As such he is magnifying it beyond its real intent or scope. I know Nick is a rational person. He will calm down and see it for what it is.

This is a game. Lets all try to focus on that rather than some of the stuff I am seeing.

Anyway - what I would say add to it all is that I am not all over people for grammar. I actually responded to someone on the grammar drama and have been taking the utter rise out of the whole grammar drama. I have a giggle in this game most times Phil. It is an escape from life not a lifestyle. I hope a few more adopt such a view because this is getting a little toxic to say the least.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Dune.

DeletedUser

You and your immature alliance can seriously move on and grow up.

The real intent and scope was proven by daniejam by posting everything about my life on these forums after he knew I disapproved of it.

Don't try to take a mighty moral high horse as all it does is show dredges you and your alliance will go to to force your enemy out of the game. Instead of being warriors and fighting on the battlefield, you have to stoop to tactics like that?

Real mature, real responsible and real cunning. I hope you understand when I quit the game it will have absolutely nothing to do with you, or your alliance's ability to fight, but instead your ability to insult, hurt and act with amazing amounts of malice by threatening my privacy, using social networks for things they aren't intended for and by being all around class-less individuals.

And the fact that you condone such actions, dunedinland, proves you are nothing but a bandwagon member of the group. Even though none of us "like" you, we all respected your ability to think for yourself and to take actions on your own. By allowing it to occur, as a leader - you have done nothing other than agree and condone it. You and Paul Grady and Daniejam are all in the same. I am glad you have found a good home in the animal farm.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15049

You and your immature alliance can seriously move on and grow up.

The real intent and scope was proven by daniejam by posting everything about my life on these forums after he knew I disapproved of it.

Don't try to take a mighty moral high horse as all it does is show dredges you and your alliance will go to to force your enemy out of the game. Instead of being warriors and fighting on the battlefield, you have to stoop to tactics like that?

Real mature, real responsible and real cunning. I hope you understand when I quit the game it will have absolutely nothing to do with you, or your alliance's ability to fight, but instead your ability to insult, hurt and act with amazing amounts of malice by threatening my privacy, using social networks for things they aren't intended for and by being all around class-less individuals.

And the fact that you condone such actions, dunedinland, proves you are nothing but a bandwagon member of the group. Even though none of us "like" you, we all respected your ability to think for yourself and to take actions on your own. By allowing it to occur, as a leader - you have done nothing other than agree and condone it. You and Paul Grady and Daniejam are all in the same. I am glad you have found a good home in the animal farm.

1. At no point have I condoned anything Nick so please let the ad hominem attacks on me be.

2. I have only referred to the picture on paul's profile Nick as that was what I knew about at the time of posting.

3. I never knew about people posting private information on the forums. When I chatted to you (or tried to) earlier all you had said was pictures.

4. If you are saying private information that can lead people to your house or employment has been posted by Daniejam then that is actually a disgraceful thing to have been done and I condemn such behaviour if this is what has taken place.

5. I didn't see anything Nick. I only came onto this just before I got in touch. I think you need to calm down and re-read what I am saying which is based on what I had known.

What paul done was at worst thoughtless. That was what I was saying earlier. It related specifically to the matter of a pic on his profile. I said it would have been a wind-up Nick. In a sense a compliment. Also a wind-up I happen to disagree with. Having been on the end of umpteen highly ad hominem led, often extremly personalised mails and forum exercises, I would be the last one to agree with any such behaviour. Even when my enemies referred to my university which is accessible through facebook and must have come from there. However on the matter of the pic on paul's profile, I only knew that matter and was simply stating lets not magnify that specific act. That was what I knew at time of posting.

Ask around Nick. I don't do the mass mails and label all alliances trip. The select a player and run propaganda campaigns where the player is left nameless. I can fall out with people but it is between them and I on the fundamental level. I may use war resources but not the word resources. I wouldn't ever agree with personal information being posted on the externals.

You are angry. I understand that. However, the one who is taking moral high lines here in anger is you and you are tarring everyone with a rather broad brush Nick. I accept you have every right to be angry but don't go rewriting what people are saying and don't go making ad hominem attacks without considering what I am saying rather than what you misportray.

For the record. Any personalised attacks, ad hominem slandering, all that crap is out of order as I see it so don't go tarring me with any brush Nick.

As for not liking me and making it all about sides etc that is your way Nickand part of the problem but you refuse to see it. You are one of the guys who has made it so polarised.

Very few of you know me. All you know is a game figure. A personality. I hope I have made myself clear here. I consider any such act as posting private information on the forums as right out of order and that is a personal real life view. I don't see the pic in that light. I am annoyed you neglect the nuances and the specificity of what I am saying but that is hardly my fault.

I will also stress once more that the atmosphere of 'like' and 'not like' and the emotive use of these forums in propaganda campaigns have all made the atmosphere toxic. I am sorry you don't like me saying that but I will speak my mind and won't have anyone regard me in the negative light you have for the actions of others.

Ultimately I can only be responsible for myself in such matters. As for paul he knows he cannot do such a thing again and he has taken down the pic as requested by you. As for Daniejam he is not a live member. I cannot do much more until I get the right information that makes it obvious to me who is doing what and when it was done. I've tried to talk to you. You know where I am Nick. Door is always open.

Dune.

DeletedUser15049

Nick,

I will take the chance to apologise for such actions Nick as a commander of the TBHC. I will do what I can personally to ensure nothing like it happens again where your personal information is posted on the forums. However ultimately I can only be responsible for myself.

Don't see how making it a fuss on forum could in any way enhance your privacy but you have the right to express anger so I can see why. I stress once more that I would never tolerate personal information being put on forum. If that happens then that player is out. No hesitation.

I hope that clear a few thing up. Apply rationality Nick. Don't use this as the way out and then tar everyone with a brush. No need for you to leave the game. That would be a shame. I hope you have a good weekend. Take care.

DeletedUser

Well I was definitely not in favor of the conduct dune. And I did message the leaders of the Huns coalition and paul himself and the matter was handled well and I applauded him here for correcting it.

Its a sensitive issue for nick dune, and I think we should respect his wishes and move on. It has been fixed and we will never all agree on it. I am glad to see you in the forums again though

DeletedUser15049

Well I was definitely not in favor of the conduct dune. And I did message the leaders of the Huns coalition and paul himself and the matter was handled well and I applauded him here for correcting it.

Its a sensitive issue for nick dune, and I think we should respect his wishes and move on. It has been fixed and we will never all agree on it. I am glad to see you in the forums again though

There is only one Alliance leader. Fizpan38. Our alliance Diplomat Taart would act obviously as alliance intermediary. If you are referring to the alliance I am in that is. I don't see what business it is of any other alliance bluntly. Might I also state here and now without any further doubt that we are not 'The Huns'. I am not a member of 'The Huns'. Neither are our members 'The Huns'. We are what we say we are. The Black Huns Crusaders.

(I know - grammar drama time :)

I appreciate Nick is angry Phil but I am also quite angry at how this has somehow had my name attached to it on the other thread when posts are removed and people just coming onto the forum could easily conflate me with what has been done. I found myself being linked on another thread to something that I had no part in. My name was put into this and for what reason exactly? That is what motivated my post here. That and being told, initially, that the fuss was about a picture on a profile. I wasn't saying anything offensive or condoning what Nick then says has happened. As anyone can read and see for themselves. Yet I find myself under an ad hominem attack. People often read only parts of a story and fill in the gaps. It is called dogma. Half your tribes will think I did this by the time it is over with mate.

It is particularly irksome when no-one has had the decency to tell me about any of this. Even more so when I have attempted to engage in a reasonable discussion and have show empathy both here and in private. Look at what is thrown out for it? I'm being called all sorts Phil. For what? For speaking to him and saying I agree it was wrong and how could I help. I appreciate Nick is angry so I am not holding onto it. I am genuinely concerned and hope he sees this as it is and also the various factors at play. As well as myself being called all sorts so are people who have had no part in any of it. The actions of one person, or even two or three, does not give people the right to brand us all a certain way. Or indulge in yet more polarisation and ad hominem attacks. The type that bluntly sparks such behaviour in the first place.

I agree it is likely to be a sensitive issue for Nick. However I do not appreciate the way my name has been conflated with this. It did on a thread I had no part in. It has been done here as I am trying to do the right thing by all. Paul isn't a bad guy. I was trying to put his act in context. You yourself agree with that. What was done by paul was clearly a cheeky prank. Thoughtless at worst.

As for Daniejam and Nick, they have been hostile to each other for quite some time. This constant ad hominem forum stuff, the polarisation, the extremities in tone and language produces stuff like this. Everyone who is central to this war epic for nigh on a year is having meltdowns bluntly. It is a game and everyone is losing sight of it. My tuppence worth. Hope you all have fun weekends.

Dune.

DeletedUser3288

Nick isnt mad, hes just using it as an excuse to stir up people against the alliance.

I dont even play nwinder what are you on about? my account went grey long long ago!

If you dont want people to find your information, dont make it publically available.

If i had a website www.daniejam.com. how could i be angry when people find the information out there? If you dont want people to see it, you should have picked a more discrete ingame name or website address.

cba to add grammar im lazy.

DeletedUser

I'm a little confused here unless I'm not fallowing things right?

Nwinder or nick posted his picture and some info on his site for the public to see and then an individual posted it on Grepolis forums?

DeletedUser3288

I'm a little confused here unless I'm not fallowing things right?

Nwinder or nick posted his picture and some info on his site for the public to see and then an individual posted it on Grepolis forums?

pretty much but ingame rather than on forums.

DeletedUser

Then I don't get the argument and the reasoning why Nick would be upset as he has posted it as public information.

There's no need to apologies for this, as it's open for all to see. To say that individual put Nwinder's private information on the forums is over reaching in my opinion. It would be the same thing if he gave a link ingame to a friend about Nwinder's information on him self. So whether it was a link of posting of information it's all public info.

Now was it the right thing to do, maybe not but that's life when you post your information on the web so everyone can see.

DeletedUser

Nwinder might have posted his personal info on the web, but it doesn't make it free to use in game or on forums without his consent, especially with an intention to insult him. He is a player here, a character. And any honorable person should distinguish a game Role from a Person. Game has to have limits, fight Nwinder on the battlefield or in PnP, use the info on the web as intel (learning offline times). But violation of privacy can't be justified, as stealing can't be justified by the fact the item wasn't properly guarded.

DeletedUser

Nwinder might have posted his personal info on the web, but it doesn't make it free to use in game or on forums without his consent, especially with an intention to insult him. He is a player here, a character. And any honorable person should distinguish a game Role from a Person. Game has to have limits, fight Nwinder on the battlefield or in PnP, use the info on the web as intel (learning offline times). But violation of privacy can't be justified, as stealing can't be justified by the fact the item wasn't properly guarded.
Like I said it might be distasteful but it is public knowledge, for everyone on the net. If he didn't want people to know that information he shouldn't put on the web.

I still said it's doesn't need an apology as it was open knowledge on myspace or what ever. It's like Obama doing a public dinner and saying about his marriage and someone recorded it. Then post it on the web. Should that person apologies for posting it on the web?

My opinion: NO because he already did it in public.

DeletedUser

Orian, I suggest heading over to this site http://news.cnet.com/8301-135_3-10165190-36.html#ixzz1YjQ4HsRI Which speaks about how facebook greatly disapproves and discourages people taking profile information and posting it anywhere else.

Just because someone can do something, doesn't mean they should do something.

I could post pictures of you shared from skype account when we used to be friends, but I am respectful and wise enough not to do so. Everything has a time and place and an appropriate venue.

I might not get along with Sparkyste or Kristopoulos, but thank goodness they are smart enough to have realized the mistake their players have made. As I said, I might not like them in the game, but that doesn't mean I would ever desire to give them great harm or anything of the sort. In fact, I am sure, in real life, we would all get along. We have something in common, we all play a computer game and have wasted nearly two years of our life doing so. At the end of the day, personally, we have more in common than don't (at least as far as any of us are concerned).

DeletedUser

And in response to the claims of the message paul grady left and daniejam left on the forums, saying I have taken 2 cities from enemies.

I have taken 18 cities from enemy alliances. None of them were inactive at the time (as claimed by daniejam who claimed that joe strunks and jsouthern were inactive, just go and read joe's profile), four were from IoA, three were from DoA and three were from TBHC.

It may not be as impressive as others. However, anyone is welcome to look at a map of the o25/o35 border and look, I have a strong core with 58 cities all in one region. I care more about having and maintaining a strong core than anything else. This allows me the ability to support my allies and break sieges.

Further, anyone is welcome to join me in my core and have a fight. But to date the only people who have tried it are makith (who I kicked out), joe strunks (who I kicked out), jsouthern (who I kicked out), and xandy (whom I am working on kicking out). Greco and taart have come close, but I have to really stretch myself to reach them.

And more importantly, I never claimed I was a good player. Anyone should look through all of my posts and see if I ever have. I have claimed many times I am a bad player. The only reason I do okay even is because of persistence. I failed the first jsouthern city five+ times before I finally took it. That is nothing to be proud of, but it is a fact. I had to literally move my core and start taking cities around his city in o25 to make it work. It took months to take that one city, but I never forgot about it and kept trying. It had nothing to do with skill, only persistence.

I would never sit here and say I am a better player than paul grady, eldermage, dysen, tictac or anyone of the sort. They are all great fighters and impressive friends and foes. It is a shame the real eldermage is gone. He and I had some mighty fights back in the early days of the server. He was as impressive of a foe as I have ever seen.

That is why I am a member of an alliance. We have multiple people with different roles. That is how alliances best work, and last I checked TBHC has the same set up. If I take a city it is either because it strengthens my core OR I am holding it, as a banker, for when a member of our alliance is ready to take it. That is why I have 61 cities, 114 colonizations and have conquered over 75 cities (according to the award) and have given 29 cities to my allies.

DeletedUser

I don't recall anyone mentioning legal issues of any sort only that it is viewed as disrespectful and was posted to be disrespectful, not sure when grepolis became a battle ground for the defining of everyones morals. Paul deleted it last I heard and it should end the whole debate or so I thought.

Those of you who actually keep stats on the hun and harb war have any updates to change subject?

DeletedUser3288

nwinder, u can post watever u want about me. My profile is open baby.

DeletedUser

philney not trying to sound like anything

But I will let it go and deleted my post.