Harbingers v. The Huns

DeletedUser

Several of us took notice that there is no forum here about this war (others were started to The Huns, so why did they not start one about this war?). As such, since I am bored, I decided I would help out.

This war shall forever be known as the war caused by The Huns hubris and the results, well they are epic:

Hun city losses to harbingers: 20
Harbingers city losses to huns: 24

The Huns have 32,682,234 points, 2932 cities, and the average points per player are 330,123.
Harbingers have 19,739,655 points, 1921 cities, and the average points per player are 160,485.

So, some quick math tells me that the Harbingers are 60% of the size of the huns, only have 65% of the cities that the huns have, and their players are 48% of the size of the average hun player.

Seems like they should be losing WAY more cities to the huns.

But the ratio is 83%. The Harbingers, who are 60% of the size of of The Huns, are lacking 4 conquests on The Huns to be tied in this war, and 5 to be winning.

Conclusions: Either the Harbingers are the best players on Delta or The Huns are inferior to the Harbingers mediocrity. I'll be going with the former.

Final thoughts: I wonder what the following weeks will bring?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15049

Hi nwinder

What matters is the geography not the math both in operations and in evaluation of player performance imho.

How many of these cities gained were in sectors where either side were at a clear disadvantage?

In terms of capability or not of players...surely the true test is how many cities are gained by war in a location where presence was minimal?

If you go into a sector where an enemy has say 100 out of 140 live cities (only 20 belonging to yourself) and you turn that around to leave your enemy/ies with say 10 and then push further into their territory and take another 40 say...then I would say that may say more about performance than say taking 40 out of 140 live cities in a location having held 100 and losing 35 cities in a sector where you had total presence. Or just hiring them in.

I'll reserve my judgement until I see where those cities were lost and the geography at play.

Interesting war though.

Aicy

Strategos
In order to be the best players in Delta, or anywhere, you need to drop that strong scent of arrogance you're wearing for Old Spice.

DeletedUser

Oh, make no mistake, I am not a harbinger's member Aicy. A quick check could confirm that - you know, fact-checking before speaking? Pretty standard stuff. Definition of Arrogance: "an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions"(1) Since you deemed yourself superior (by being able to tell an alliance if they are best or not) and did it on presumptuous claims (that I was a member of Harbingers) you are the one who comes off as Arrogant.

Also, Definition of an Internet Troll: "An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion."(2) In this case on topic discussion is Huns v. Harbingers (H v. H), as you have brought nothing to that table, and are disrupting "normal on-topic discussion", which is H v. H you find yourself as a troll, further compounded with your comment, which could perhaps be considered an insult to many in the civilized world (the trademark of a troll). And I find myself not following Rule 14 of the internet: "Do not ague with trolls - it means they win."

So I guess we both lose.

Denedinlad, not really. Since The Huns started the war, with an alliance that is all throughout the south of the server - they should be ready for a real battle. That is surely what matters. When someone starts a war, shouldn't they be ready for it?

Footnotes:
1) Merriam Website Online Dictionary
2) Urban Dictionary, definition #3 - which was the most relevant definition. Though not commonly a supportable source, since the term "troll" is one of virtual nature, a virtual explanation is best.

DeletedUser

Hi Nwinder!
Being a Harbinger ill reserve my comment. But thanks for siding with us on this and i also go to give thumbs up to SG-Elites for fighting with the Huns in a good professional manner.

Well of the 24 cities that The Huns have taken from us
I think about 6 cities were taken from an inactive. Which is fine...just saying there wasnt a fight for it. We might have been able to retain it had the player been active
more than 5 were given by spies.
And we have conquered more than 20 cities.
We rimmed 2 players
one player recently got kicked by the Huns the other went ghost

Just thought i would fill you in =)

DeletedUser

Was that really a productive use of your time?

I don't even play this world or have any idea who you or these alliances are.

Posts like that just make me feel so much worse about humanity.

Aicy, Nwhiner is a person looking for attention. All he does is post half truths. Basically he Whines to the world and he is just looking for attention

DeletedUser

Hi Nwinder!
Being a Harbinger ill reserve my comment. But thanks for siding with us on this and i also go to give thumbs up to SG-Elites for fighting with the Huns in a good professional manner.

Well of the 24 cities that The Huns have taken from us
I think about 6 cities were taken from an inactive. Which is fine...just saying there wasnt a fight for it. We might have been able to retain it had the player been active
more than 5 were given by spies.
And we have conquered more than 20 cities.
We rimmed 2 players
one player recently got kicked by the Huns the other went ghost

Just thought i would fill you in =)

May I ask which 2 players did you rim.
One player was inactive and went ghost after you guys took her cities and another player was a mistake bringing in. From the active Huns you might have taken 1 or 2 cities. Please check your stats before speaking.

DeletedUser

One was Angieamazonia. I agree i cant say we rimmed her as she was quitting the game but we took her cities when she was inactive.
You did the same thing to cheech
The point is the other player was bearing The Huns flag when we conquered that city. Oh and you have a decent presence in Ocean 57 you could have helped him.
Also of the 24 cities you have conquered how many have been from active players?

Also aicy if you arent from this world then why are you coming here and saying irrelevant things. Your giving a practical example of an internet troll like nwinder said. Not trying to be rude im just saying stay where you belong..

Greco relax....its just a game..don't try insulting nwinder and bring him down every time he posts something.

DeletedUser

I am glad that someone posted this as I have been watching developments with some interest. I have posted elsewhere how Asylum was apposed to the friendships that nurtured Harbingers and helped them get where they are. Regardless of what history we have with them, I nevertheless respect what they have made of themselves. From what I can see from the outside, it looks very much like the coalition forming in the west is showing itself to be a formidable one.
-Atva
Asylum

DeletedUser

Atva it is always a pleasure to see you here. I hope you are doing well my friend.

DeletedUser15049

nwinder

I am not sure whether the Huns started a war ready for it is relevant to my post bud. I am questioning the use of statistics when gauging alliance performance or capability. What matters is the geography gained as I see it. In terms of performance I just posited it may be more apt to gauge performance based upon actually geography rather than figures on a board.

Atva

The whole play is getting very interesting.

DeletedUser

One was Angieamazonia. I agree i cant say we rimmed her as she was quitting the game but we took her cities when she was inactive.
You did the same thing to cheech
The point is the other player was bearing The Huns flag when we conquered that city. Oh and you have a decent presence in Ocean 57 you could have helped him.
Also of the 24 cities you have conquered how many have been from active players?

Also aicy if you arent from this world then why are you coming here and saying irrelevant things. Your giving a practical example of an internet troll like nwinder said. Not trying to be rude im just saying stay where you belong..

Greco relax....its just a game..don't try insulting nwinder and bring him down every time he posts something.
as for the amount of active players that was conquer, i can count 14 at least and still growing. As for angie she was inactive almost for one month when she lost her cities to the harbs.
AS for aicy, he has the right to post in any world he wishes, I have posted in other worlds where i had old friends playing after they left delta.
AS for nwhiner posts, I just have to respond to every lie or mistruth he post. everyone is aware that Nwhiner is here to post just to get attention and cry like a baby.

DeletedUser

Ok? Care to name at least 7 of the cities?

I'm not saying he cant post here. If he wants to post here he doesnt have to post some rubbish that does'nt have anything to do with the topic.

As for you greco you seem like the immature cry baby that's trying to get attention. You practically just admitted to your immaturity. "I just have to respond to every lie or mistruth he post."
You most certainly dont. And as far as i know there isnt a word such as "mistruth"
He is here to play the game like you and me. Drop your ego or drop dead.
Learn to respect your enemies as well as your friends. Don't act like a 5 year old kid who's toy got stolen.
and his name is Nwinder, not nwhiner.

DeletedUser

Ok? Care to name at least 7 of the cities?

I'm not saying he cant post here. If he wants to post here he doesnt have to post some rubbish that does'nt have anything to do with the topic.

As for you greco you seem like the immature cry baby that's trying to get attention. You practically just admitted to your immaturity. "I just have to respond to every lie or mistruth he post."
You most certainly dont. And as far as i know there isnt a word such as "mistruth"
He is here to play the game like you and me. Drop your ego or drop dead.
Learn to respect your enemies as well as your friends. Don't act like a 5 year old kid who's toy got stolen.
and his name is Nwinder, not nwhiner.

KvB4ever, I am not the one with the ego. I am not the one who threatens so called friendly alliances, I am not the one going around post half truths, or lies. I speak in facts and the stats can to back them up. I am not the one looking for attention. As for the harbs and its leaders, Can you please show me once where I posted and insulted any member. Ask philney and Urv if I have insulted them. We have spoken many times in the past and most likely will speak in the future. All of our chats was pleasant and friendly. Even if we agree or disagree or didnt see eye to eye on subjects, we never blasted each other here. To me this Harb vs Huns war is more of a friendly war than a war of insults. So basically I have respected my enemies but respect goes both ways. Nwhiner has lost my respect as well he has said many times in the past that he doesnt respect me. EotD I have respect to many of its members and I have had many friendly chats with many of its members. Some have left the game and even to the newer members.

Now if you really want me to post the names of the active players that have lost there cities I can to do it, but i dont want to disrespect those players on the forum. If you want I can message you in game and tell you.

DeletedUser

KvB4ever, I am not the one with the ego.

You've got to be kidding right? I agree with you about nwinder - he does whine about things a bit, but so do you. You've both got under each other's skin, and are too egocentric to admit it.

This little fued of yours was faintly amusing at one point, but now it's just getting tiresome. Just because your statements can be backed up by facts doesn't mean Nwinder's can't.

Thinking about it, your whole last post could have been written by Nwinder about you, and it would still make sense.

DeletedUser

Alright if you say so greco.
But if you dislike nwinder then why are you compelled to insult him? Just stay out of his way then..thats what i do to players i dislike. Personally i think nwinder is a good and fair player.
I was looking at his conversation with joestrunks...he seems like a calm and fair player..

Anyhow let this be the last post regarding your personal feeling's for Nwinder. You are obviously allowed to uphold personal emotions against Nwinder, i just wanted to see if you can drop that emotion. Apologies for my rudeness displayed earlier. Like i said. Let this be the last post regarding that.

The topic of discussion is Harbinger vs The Huns :)

Whats your take guys

DeletedUser

My only issue is that I would prefer that the thread continue to present opinions on the topic at hand, namely the war between harbingers and the huns. Must every thread be usurped by such tiresome contests?
Oh, and and see that Kv has already posted these sentiments.

DeletedUser

SME fractured, some left early and went to HUNS I encouraged Harbs to seek an alternative path so that more players could be salvaged and hence the vast majority went into Harbingers.

Within a few days HUNS were attacking Harbs over 'refugees', Harbs responded and so we had a rapidly escalting slagging match. The precise cause/whose fault it is, is immaterial but what you have now is an awkward position in which Harbs who were friendly are now enemies.

As for the fight itself, some players will lose towns, some will gain towns. The interesting thing is how it effects both sides elswhere in Delta. Will it stretch the HUNS? how will Harbs do whenthey lose towns?

DeletedUser

In all wars the first cities that usually will fall will be the inactives. The war will be determined in 2 months time. Once all the inactives are taken by both sides. The alliance that is able to take the active strong players will win the war. Thats for all wars not just this one.