I need help from experienced players- please?

DeletedUser

I will give you a hint:

Google: "Grepolis Captain"

and you immediately find this:
http://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/Premium#Captain
"naval units fight 20% stronger."

which means... naval units fight 20% stronger.

Its all math. If I posted my guides here in the grepolis forum I'd help my enemies though so I won't do that until I am done with this game. For now they are in my alliance forum.

You can see the very first thing I did here, which is an analysis of Hades, but since then I have come to understand the game on a whole new level.

DeletedUser21392

Perhaps you can get the Commander, if you have not already. I personally favor the Commander more than the Captain because my naval units usually get cleared out in the first waves of attacks, while the enemy usually has a hard time clearing out my land troops.

It is just my personal opinion, but it varies upon playing style.

DeletedUser

It would be funny if they were all attacks just to get you all scared. Like all one transport with a slinger.

DeletedUser

The only way to guard against 22 attacks would be to dodge the initial attacks that most likely are only naval. Find his CS attack using Athena's owl if you can and then plant your defensive troops in the town. Otherwise try to guess which attack is his CS and defend against that.

But in this game it runs 24/7 and so the larger players will in the end take the smaller players cities.

DeletedUser

Oh, thanks Asth.

So should I use my captain to "attack" (which would probably support) my city at a designated time?

If it's an offensive snipe you attack your city; if it's a defensive snipe you support your city. You just have to make sure you get your timing before/after the CS respectively.

DeletedUser

You should read the entire thread. There was a lot of good advice given from a lot of different experienced players.

DeletedUser

Lots of really good advice here, thanks to all who shared it. I'm being relentlessly attacked for ... I can't figure out what reason, because a city with 800 points and no harbor isn't really much worth to conquer when there are better cities surrounding mine. I get attacked weekly because a couple players in one alliance follow me around the world, literally speaking it seems. Hard to dodge and plan attacks when you aren't given time to build more than 50 swordmen before you get another Revolt on your new little city. Which is why I've been befriending people on my island(s) and nearby islands to see if there's strength in numbers, in my case. Tempting to quit my alliance, though, and see if that helps to remove the target on my city, or if it just invites more attacks from more people.

DeletedUser

Do you keep a surplus of resources that they can take? Seems like they are farming you for resources... (Either they find that your weak defense is little detourance for their gains of resources or simply they want to annoy you) My advice would be to A) Keep your resources lower then your warehouse storage line as best you can and B) Don't build to fight back (It'll egg them on that they are getting to you and you'll be wasting resources if you are just going to lose the troops anyway. I find the best way to defend early is to station Biremes in your city.... they can take out 10000 transport ships which holding an army of 1000 wouldn't matter because they will never hit the shore. =)

-D1tcH
Founder/Leader of Death in Motion, Ocean 65
#32 on Knossos

DeletedUser

If they were just farming me I wouldn't care anymore because, thanks to this thread and a couple of guides on the wiki, I now have two places - thanks to my allies on the island - where I can store my troops during farming attacks, and I never have more than 500 resources (warehouse is at 6 right now) because I spent them on my wall or swordmen/archers whenever possible. I've been building up my farm and academy and wall first, I wanted to get everything ready with land troops and defense so all I had to do was build up the harbor and collect resources and then build a bunch of biremes. But being revolted is a different story because now I have to watch for a colony ship.