I wish this game was cool again…

gkassimis

Hipparchus
There are so many problems with your suggestion tho which you haven't considered.

Revolt worlds: it takes 12 hours for revolt to go red so you have 2 choices, revolt the player right after his 8-hour free window, assuming TTs or around 1 hour for your average revolt, that leaves you 3 hours of RR to land a CS, which is extremely easy to defend for anyone half-competent in any decent team. Option number 2 is to revolt the player in the few hours before his 8 hours so much of BR happens during his sleep time, which again leaves 4/5 hours of the same timeframe to defend. TLDR players on even the hardest frontlines would only need to be playing for 5 hours if being OPed to lose no cities, defending would be so extremely easy that no cities would fall apart from brute force which is pointless (essentially turning every server into bigger alliance wins). And let's not talk about the elephant in the room, 8 hours to build back any walls without having to worry about cats, being able to slow stack any cities without any organization... it's turning the game into baby mode.

Conquest worlds: 8 hours not to be attacked, well simple everyone will just be trying to land CSs in the 4 hours before that, leaving only 4 hours to be able to break a siege. While the issues are not as important as for revolt, turning sieges into 4 hours is insane, plus add to that the fact you wouldn't even need to stack said siege for 8 hours, cities would drop like flies for anyone not hyperactive. In this case, your proposition actually hurts the casual player, because he has to be online every day for the 4 hours before his sleep time or lose his cities for free, but still has to be active the rest of the time for regular sieges. It just seems to defeat the point really...

There are many other issues regarding this point that can be abused which I will refrain to bring up to keep this relatively short, but please in the future consider the impact of your propositions with existing mechanics before you bring them forward
This is just a proposal and its open to discussion when there are right arguments like yours. of course i havent considered everything. my main concern was how to be able to play grepo without compromising a normal real life. about revolt worlds i wont make any comments since i am lacking of knowledge, so lets talk about conquest worlds. about sieges maybe we can give the option to a player to break his protection when under siege the same way it happens with beginners protection when you can break it anytime you want by attacking someone. or maybe you wont be able to do anything but the rest of your teammates can attack your cities under siege. fact is that this feature will make conquering a city much more difficult than before since the chances to catch someone off line will be less. as a result we wont see players that have 2-3 times more cities than the rest as it happens today but worlds will be more competitive which will benefit the game. about mechanics if such thing is possible or not i have no clue but i believe that it can happen

hey man, you have to choose. Either you play speed 4/4 and commit or ghost and play 1-1/2-1
Maybe it would be time to change the way gold works instead of trying to fix the entire game while the main problem still remains

attacking and clearing eachother is part of the game, golding everything back within 4 hours shouldn’t be!!

Kosti

Phrourach
imagine thinking they will change the game now. They are just milking it for the last couple of years until they shut it down

plaguetower

Phrourach
I have been thinking about a way to have more game/life balance within the current game mechanics. I think another button at the top of the screen next to incoming attacks called alliance attacks would work. It is a simple way to alleviate grepo burnout without a major change in the game code or mechanics.

plaguetower

Phrourach
I think the only way to alleviate grepo burnout and rage quitting is to implement a form of Empire Access for other players. This is a game and for health reasons we need to sleep and for financial reasons we need to fulfill the obligations of gainful employment. What I would like to see is a new alliance role called defense minister. This role would allow a player to restrictive access of another players empire for defense purposes. This access would only be able to send support, see current troop counts, and build walls. If this were implemented players would be able to form a better community. Right now no one wants to share any personal information, especially anything related to time zone.

gkassimis

Hipparchus
I think the only way to alleviate grepo burnout and rage quitting is to implement a form of Empire Access for other players. This is a game and for health reasons we need to sleep and for financial reasons we need to fulfill the obligations of gainful employment. What I would like to see is a new alliance role called defense minister. This role would allow a player to restrictive access of another players empire for defense purposes. This access would only be able to send support, see current troop counts, and build walls. If this were implemented players would be able to form a better community. Right now no one wants to share any personal information, especially anything related to time zone.
i like every idea that can allow players to combine game with real life obligations

Logged into the game for whatever reason and saw an advertisement for another one of their games pop up “ rise of cultures” in the in-game interface…they really don’t give a hoot anymore lol

BadDecisions

Hipparchus
My first world was Theta, I can't remember there being a mobile app and certainly no alarms. Yes you might wake up to no city but that was almost part of the fun! There was very little gold then so size was mainly based on skill and activity. I've played various worlds since both revolt and conquest. Conquest is my favourite.
Grepolis has never been as fun as those early 1st Gen worlds! you'll never get the game like that again. I saw a lot of really skilled players by then, there are still some around but hugging seems to be more and more popular here!

Gold has impacted on gameplay, I understand why Inno introduced this and to be fair to them it is nowhere near as bad as other games I have played, you can still hold your own without it and the gold trade does allow none golders opportunity to get gold for advisors and events.

Since alarms came though this game has become niche, because a lot of people don't want to be woken up at 4am because of a game. You will only appeal to a smaller group of players as there are many other games where you can shield at night time etc if you want that style.

BadDecisions formally PrincessLozza (for anyone from 1st gen times)

1saaa

Strategos
I just find it quite sad tbh. This game is dying a slow death and it's not even going to go out well. It's just gonna slowly wither away into nothing, and all the time we've invested into it will go as well.

Reimu Hakurei

Chiliarch
I dont think that ads will solve anything because game is not new player friendly at all. There needs to be a new player mode where a new player doesnt get destroyed after BP end, im not sure how popular the casual world is but i dont think players can join it from the start.
There is no real tutorial on how to actually play the game, the first quests with arrows are not useful at all as they only introduce you to the basic of the basic, like how to click your senate and issue building commands.

For example: almost every time if you are on new world and you are playing seriously, it is norm to either rush a CS, or rush academy 13 then senate 24. But a new player has no way of knowing this, they might start maxing resource camps with the logic that they need resources to build, even though its very bad strategy as you get a lot of resources from looting the bandit camp and taking from villages even if you arent that active, and the camps scale very badly.

Basically, game needs a proper tutorial thats integrated within the game (possibly new hybrid app) which is potentially made by someone who has actually played the game. There can be some tutorials found on the forums maybe but your average player isnt gonna look at those.

Without a tutorial, all the new players are going to get shitstromed by overly competitive players who played since the beginning of time, who play 8 hours a day, sprinkled with gold use. There is no point advertising if 80% of the players will not stay