Ideas for a Newspaper

DeletedUser33530

Because we're teaching the Triad way at the minute - he was corrupted with Phoenix thoughts from Oropos. :p and no, i dont think he does sleep...

Also, Joseph, all i can think of now is Anchorman - NEWS TEAM... ASSEMBLE!

But is he leading triad right now? Or has his mind not been properly de-corrupted yet. :D

DeletedUser40768

Because we're teaching the Triad way at the minute - he was corrupted with Phoenix thoughts from Oropos. :p and no, i dont think he does sleep...

Also, Joseph, all i can think of now is Anchorman - NEWS TEAM... ASSEMBLE!

lol :D

Would love to see a Newspaper pop up in Zancle, credits to you for doing so Joseph. I'd be willing to take an interview from AO also.

Wow I am sorry for missing your comment, will start your interview today :)

Now for the updated topics list, with the three new things since the original list:

Newspaper Topics
Fall of Retribution
Fall of Last Legion (Got MM's, got some heated convos saved in the notes, and was there so I have a lot of info for this)
Newly Reformed LL and DGOW merger
Interviews
Top 12 Sink and Swim
Imperial Order vs. Triad and other wars
Funny messages (I got a bunch from LL and Z.A.T.O. still saved but in the future these might need to be submitted by players)
Grepolis trivia question
Comics or Cartoons
Alliance Horoscope (Grepo themed)
Opinions Section/Editorial
RR Withdrawal from Ocean 45 to 35

DeletedUser22977

If the best players were also the best leaders then why isn't Ankitshah86 leading triad right now? On the off chance that he leading triad please ask him if he ever sleeps cause I have my doubts.

OK I'd be lying if I said I wasn't contrary whenever I felt like it lol. I don't think I do that too often though.

Who said the top player had to be the leader? Just one of the upper leaders. No alliance can be successful if their leader only calls the shots will sitting back and simming.

Kind of like someone who has only gained 42 points on their 862 or some on point city in the past month.

Which makes me wonder why someone who isn't even actively involved in this world

1) posts so much on it's forum

and 2) feels like he should have any part with the worlds newspaper that you aren't even a part of.

Between you and joseph, you have less than 4k points combined. Why on earth you two feel you're involved enough in this world to be writing the newspaper for it is beyond reason. It's completely mental.

DeletedUser

Why on earth you two feel you're involved enough in this world to be writing the newspaper for it is beyond reason.
OK this is an attempt to silence the press :p
Let everyone have fun the way they like, if you do not like it, do not read it

DeletedUser15834

I generally find that its only really the rare cases where the top ranked players are the leaders.
Leadership can be very time consuming and definitely can effect the individual players official game ranking but at the end of the day the sacrifice they make for their own personal rank enormously benefits the team as a whole.
The top ranked players tend in my opinion to be the soldiers who are free of the leadership troubles and can spend most of their time focusing on killing red flags.
Leaders point the way and soldiers go kill.
Of course there are always some exceptional leaders who hit the top of the pile also but its way easier for the soldiers unless its a total dictatorship of an alliance where the leader uses the ground troops to boost his/her personal account rank.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser40768

Kind of like someone who has only gained 42 points on their 862 or some on point city in the past month.

Which makes me wonder why someone who isn't even actively involved in this world

and 2) feels like he should have any part with the worlds newspaper that you aren't even a part of.

Between you and joseph, you have less than 4k points combined. Why on earth you two feel you're involved enough in this world to be writing the newspaper for it is beyond reason. It's completely mental.

Oh Cheater is just following me around ;) Actually I had more points before, just handed off my main city. I got 4 slots, if I actually wanted to I could get them filled. However there is nothing more relaxing than not having to read pages of internal strife in the alliance forum, and having no obligations. Being alone and small is honestly pleasant. I look somewhat inactive and I have a bunch of players sending really pathetic farming attacks. I even cleared out a Shadow Elite city a few days ago from their 2nd biggest player, it is amazing how much you can do with like 100 troops when surrounded by other simmers :D

Honestly if I was in an alliance now then chances were that I wouldn't have very much time at all to do a newspaper. That is why Rock wasn't growing when he used to write his :p

In regards to the Newspaper I have completed 4 interviews so far (including an Aussie Pete one), with more to come today :)

DeletedUser49796

In regards to the Newspaper I have completed 4 interviews so far (including an Aussie Pete one), with more to come today :)

Out of curiosity...are any of these players Triad ones? Because I can imagine they're not.

DeletedUser40768

Out of curiosity...are any of these players Triad ones? Because I can imagine they're not.

Rock is the only Triad player so far. I plan to ask Sh101 a few things too, about RR and about some things that Aussie said about Triad.

DeletedUser46838

Hehe I got interviewed.

I'd suggest you add a "obituary" listing which alliances died and whatnot

DeletedUser33530

Who said the top player had to be the leader? Just one of the upper leaders. No alliance can be successful if their leader only calls the shots will sitting back and simming.

before you said "Some leader. 4 cities and a 2.5k average.". From that I concluded that you must have believed that there was a direct correlation between growth and leadership abilities. So naturally if this correlation were true the top players would be the best leaders. Usually that isn't the case.

You talking about me? I honestly don't know lol. Either why that isn't simming that's just inactivity.

1. Because I love talking with my BFF Sh101
2. I can read and interpret stats, I can organize, I can do interviews, I'm fairly comedic, people playing the world clearly don't have time to do a paper, and it makes you mad so that's a plus :p

What's really mental is you judge players by their city points and not their BP. That wouldn't change your opinion of Joseph and me of course but it's still interesting that you do that.
However, the reason why Joseph is doing this with me helping him is because no one who plays has the time, no else who doesn't play has offered, we can read and interpret sats, and we are fairly comedic. Also you need to realize everyone else is fine with this. You are the only person who has a problem with it.

DeletedUser2595

Stop the press!!! ...... have reformed with the sole aim of crushing LL (who?) And Triad (lols) or at least that's what their profile says. Forget that they sent us an unsolicited pact request...

DeletedUser2595

Nah, I like to see which desperate alliances think sending a blank pact request will work. then I can just ignore them when they do finally PM me :p