Iota Wars 2012

DeletedUser

And the way I've seen them Attack a City is really sad to have them as the #1 ranked Alliance they should be ranked #1 in taking Abandoned City's = Ghost Towns.

I could be all a big cunning plan and attacking us with biremes, swords, archers and empty transports is just to lul us all into a false sense of security, measure our defences and take half our cities in one foul evil swoop, however if this doesn't happen in the next weeks then we should make a bet with Phenomenon and see who can take the most D12 cities over a 2 week period, Phenomenon is winning so far with 16 cities, we cant have that TDC!

DeletedUser

I take ghost cities...

The taking of Ghost Cities is a time honored tradition for fortifying a precarious location.

When your on the defensive... which we've ALL been at one time or another.... a lost city means lost troops... and when you're on the defensive... you can't afford lost troops... so recovering those lost troops as quickly as possible is key to survival.

There are a lot of *ugly* parts to this game... actions that are within the rules of the game... but not the spirit.

Ghost city claiming is one of em... and its one I'm extremely guilty of. lol

DeletedUser

My opinions on ghosts

From a pre-world wonder perspective, there are only so many cities the players of an alliance can own, and you can only gain new slots at an ever increasing price as you get "richer" in city count. The more cities there are in the world, the smaller your percentage of the world is. From the attacker's perspective, you WANT ghost cities to crumble to dust and never revive. From a badgered defender's perspective, ghosts are a last ditch effort at staying alive.

From a post-world wonder perspective, I think ghosts play a different role. We've all seen just how important location is for the world wonder era. From the WW attacker's perspective, ghosts are now the fastest way to move long distances quickly and serve as critical footholds for strikes. From the WW defender's perspective, ghosts are the gaping holes blasted at random in the fortress around the precious WW location.

I still hate ghosts. They are unsatisfying and taste like dust.

Totally on topic: I love the ghost buster's theme song...

DeletedUser

Just looking at the first 4 pages of colonizations at the moment it looks like Phenomenon, The last one Standing, and The Assembly are taking cities from The Dirty Dozen. Chances are it really didn't hurt much due to the ton of ghost towns and inactives out there to retake a city and gain the points back.

I find it flattering that so much attention was paid by all alliances to Dirty Dozen. Thank you for all the Defensive BP.

DeletedUser

where did you get BP's from TDC walked right into the city's do you-all ever support each other...

DeletedUser

We definitely support each other... where we can and when we should.

I never expect much support... as I'm oceans away from most of my teammates... and likewise, its not easy for me to support them way down in the 30s.

DeletedUser

why do u care about dbp anyway? you got so many empty slots now :)

DeletedUser

Rooster Jones

Not you man, the rest of them when we take 4-5 city's the only support coming in is from the city owner LOL, which is sad....

DeletedUser

Thanks Cenobites... but I'm not totally innocent here.

I won't send support to an ally when they are in a fair one-on-one fight with an enemy. They need to defend themselves.

I WILL however support any ally or friend who's involved in the lopsided end of a many-on-one fight. I'll support them with everything I've got.

And conversely, I won't be involved in the offensive of a many-on-one assault (that would not hold true if I was trying to dislodge an enemy from a Wonder Island). Nor (as a side note) will I try to take a city from anyone who hasn't previously tried to take one of my cities.

I know... I have some bizarre personal rules.... my court appointed psychiatrist is really hoping the new meds kick in soon.

DeletedUser

Well i have to admit that i lost a ton of cities because i didnt try to defend because everything was going to the ww.
But its so easy to regain the cities lost and also i get a bigger city. i

Congrats to phenom,assembly and los for working so good together :)

DeletedUser

Well i have to admit that i lost a ton of cities because i didnt try to defend because everything was going to the ww.
But its so easy to regain the cities lost and also i get a bigger city. i

Congrats to phenom,assembly and los for working so good together :)

Phenom took a city from you.... really? that is news to me and to grepostats...

Your cities are strategically placed in no-man's land... they are worthless for any campaign Phenom is hosting. You may be worth BP for that everyone with a red flag is, but please do not think we have you more than that Oikos.

Ah I almost forgot gratz on taking some of Payfun's cities... out in the middle of nowhere... yeah those are much bigger than those usual ghosts...

DeletedUser

Lol

Oikos come back to 35 and 45 and join in the fight... Theres plenty of inactives to eat, just ask enas and his mob

DeletedUser

Lol

Oikos come back to 35 and 45 and join in the fight... Theres plenty of inactives to eat, just ask enas and his mob

Hehe..Are we mad be any chance..?!? I find it funny you talk about inactives..Aren't you and YOUR active mob eating your inactive players?!?! Hehe. :p

DeletedUser

Lol

Ok I am going to give you a hand here. Get off your lazy rear and instead of counting on defunct recruits in the north who are divided and we had spanked before we came down to visit you. They will never do your dirty work for you, that is a fact. Head up north, bring the fight to us. We as I am sure you have come to realize welcome a good fight. Heck that is what makes us still play this game.

G, most all of our cities are 4-6 oceans away. If you think of the adversities we have to overcome to fight this war then maybe a small realization will dawn on you. We do not have 2 more years of play time to attack and go through active player's cities. We have the mission at hand and we strive to complete it. In real war you are not going to line all your troops up and us ours and fight this war colonial style. OH NO it will be fought gorrilla style. You above all else know how to fight the dirty wars. You fought with us way back when with ruses and deciept. San-zhou the art of war was played by you.... we are just playing off a different chapter.

Like disk said please do not accuse from high horses least you fall off... or in other words much better to not cast stones if you are not without sins of your own. For going through ghosts is an aspect of the game. Your indiscresions are to be honest unforgivable for it affected friendships and peoples accounts.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

April Wars: Iota is in short supply of wood. If you are reading this message and are from a different world, please consider making a donation to our marketplaces.

DeletedUser

Dear Enas and the rest of Phenomenom

You are ALL a bunch of hypocrites.

I was approached by TDC a while back, and asked if we, the 3 main alliances, would consider to NOT eat inactives to make the game more interesting. ... I AGREED.

Then we see PHENONENOM, eating oh so MANY and MANY inactives to even get close to MY ocean. Now, the sad fact is, I, NOR, did my amazing team mates eat the inactives as we had established an unwritten rule. SO.. along your mob came and used the inactives to get close to me.

Now your here, I have removed a number of RED dots from O35. Yes its easy for you to turtle up your 3 cities on that island. WHICH IF I RECALL were ALL INACTIVES when you ate them, that and a GHOST city. So good luck to your pathetic ghost eating alliance.

I personally have eaten your alliance cities but have yet to lose one to you. So go figure.

ENAS you sent 180 attacks at me, I told you, it was a diversion and you had something else up your sleeve. I was right. Your transparent. You publically accuse my alliance of eating inactives? We have to. OR ELSE YOU WILL.

Now go back to being self critical and bask in the many attempts of failed conquers youve had over me...

DeletedUser

Oooo...Some fun! Thank you, Gianni!

Anyways...Let's go right to the point...

Gianni said:
Dear Enas and the rest of Phenomenom

You are ALL a bunch of hypocrites.

First of all I would like to thank you for addressing ALL of Pheno..Means I can reply.. :p
Now if we are hypocrites...What does that make you exactly? I know it isn't anything better.. :p

Gianni said:
I was approached by TDC a while back, and asked if we, the 3 main alliances, would consider to NOT eat inactives to make the game more interesting. ... I AGREED.

Then we see PHENONENOM, eating oh so MANY and MANY inactives to even get close to MY ocean. Now, the sad fact is, I, NOR, did my amazing team mates eat the inactives as we had established an unwritten rule. SO.. along your mob came and used the inactives to get close to me.

Exactly! YOU where approached by TDC....YOU accepted that "RULE"...As far as I know Pheno NEVER said we'd go along with that rule..
I find it funny it's all about Pheno eating inactives..Umm..Gianni have you looked at D12's stats lately? If not I think you should take a look personally. ;) Or should I pull up the past months stats and we'll see...Naw, You're perfectly capable of doing that yourself..If WE hadn't of came to "your" (Not sure where you have that written down at but sure) ocean not like you'd come to ours.. :p
Ohhh and ALL those conquests you are talking about that D12 took from Pheno...Sure looks like you hit the jack-pot of INACTIVES....Should we continue to inactive argument? I don't think you're winning by any means..

Gianni said:
Now your here, I have removed a number of RED dots from O35. Yes its easy for you to turtle up your 3 cities on that island. WHICH IF I RECALL were ALL INACTIVES when you ate them, that and a GHOST city. So good luck to your pathetic ghost eating alliance.

Ohh..We're talking about eating our alliance now? Maybe go check [url="http://www.grepostats.com/world/en9/alliance/6425/colonizations]D12's Stat's[/url]?

Gianni said:
I personally have eaten your alliance cities but have yet to lose one to you. So go figure.

Umm...I may be blind but I don't see where YOU have taken a city from Pheno within the last month...Can you link me?

Last edited by a moderator: