Is the USA the 'best country' in the World?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Many American Politicians have stated that the USA is the best country in the World, it is backed by many Americans

What characteristics do you rate the USA on? What makes them the best country in the World/not the best country in the World?

However do you agree, is there a best country/nation in the World? Or is that an utopia ideal that does not exist?

Stats are welcomed on this thread to back up statements.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aicy

Strategos
The USA is not the greatest country in the world. Americans always go on about how great America because it has freedom, when there 207 sovereign states in the world and about 180 of them have freedom. Not very impressive.

There is absolutely no evidence to support that America is the best country in the world. The USA is 7th in literacy, 27th in maths, 22nd in science, 49th in life expectancy, 78th in infant mortality, 3rd in medium household income and 4th in exports. The USA leads the world in only three categorys; number of incarcerated citizens per capita, number of adults who believe angels are real and defence spending where they spend more than the next 26 countries combined, 25 of whom are allies.

As far as what is the greatest country in the world I think this is a good as ranking as any:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_inequality-adjusted_HDI

DeletedUser

There are too many ways to rank countries to decide on one to rank the countries right now.

DeletedUser

There are too many ways to rank countries to decide on one to rank the countries right now.

This thread is to debate which one is the most valid, and whether the USA is the greatest nation in the World...

Having a broad topic is good.

DeletedUser18132

The USA is not the greatest country in the world. Americans always go on about how great America because it has freedom, when there 207 sovereign states in the world and about 180 of them have freedom. Not very impressive.

There is absolutely no evidence to support that America is the best country in the world. The USA is 7th in literacy, 27th in maths, 22nd in science, 49th in life expectancy, 78th in infant mortality, 3rd in medium household income and 4th in exports. The USA leads the world in only three categorys; number of incarcerated citizens per capita, number of adults who believe angels are real and defence spending where they spend more than the next 26 countries combined, 25 of whom are allies.

As far as what is the greatest country in the world I think this is a good as ranking as any:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_inequality-adjusted_HDI

Actually, USA has 13,000 McDonalds (beating Japan in second and Canada in third), has the most total national income, the most internet users, and the most Olympic medals..

As of 2007.

Varun

Strategos
Meh.... I dunno. Wouldn't comment. Each country has its own share of problems and lags in some or the other sector. To be best you need to lead in each sector. Like absolutely no crime, no poverty or maybe with a few traces of each.

DeletedUser

Best Hospitals, best inventors, best technology, best universities, best military, best diversity, very beautiful/diverse geography, etc, etc. God bless Amurica.

DeletedUser8396

lol...well, if you look at SPECIFIC ones...we do...if you look in general...it is, ummmm...no comment

DeletedUser8396

I seriously disagree on the military part.

The universities, depends on what you are looking for...

Technology, depends on what type.

Best inventors, depends on what inventions

Diversity...yeah man!!!

I dont know...never been to Australia lol

Please explain how the US military is inferior to china...

I swear...if you people bring Russia into this...oh...it will get messy :p

DeletedUser8396

Have you seen their navy? It is PATHETIC...PA.THET.IC

First, We wouldnt invade china...we arent that stupid. China wouldnt invade United states...as it would be a PATHETIC attempt and would soon lose.

Let me point something out here:

#1 army - United States (ranked on multiple websites, even some not based in the US)
#2 navy - United States (look at our carriers...nuclear subs...they INCREDIBLY outmatch China's sad navy)
#3 airforce - United States (you cannot deny this...we have the best technology, even things China doesnt have)
#4 Spec Forces - United States (SEALs , Green Beret...etc...)

Random Awesomeness - Marines..ok...we win...lol

And, not to bring these into view, but gotta say it...

*cough* NUKE *cough*

China makes most of our stuff? I demand a source.

That debt of ours? Yeah...they ask and we say no...then we continue the war.

Money for resources...apparently you dont know the US budget for military lol

Actually...china only has 20 million at military age.

Read these...then try to say China.

United States Military

China Military

DeletedUser8396

They only have 20 million age qualified. The actual army is 2.25 million.

Nukes...really? ok then...you started it...

THe united states has the MOST nuclear weapons. The BEST nuclear defense. The most ADVANCED nukes.

Make it a nuke war? bye bye china. Pull your conscription...say hello to NUKE

DeletedUser8396

You apparently dont know the nuclear missile defense system. THey make the first move...they lose it.

We declare war...send A LOT more nukes...we engage the navy, we go in their front yard and take a wiz in it.

DeletedUser

Don't pull the damn war card.

If the USA attacks ANYONE apart from a 3rd World Country, there would be a nuclear war and EVERYONE would die.

The fact is, military doesn't matter any more. Because the other top contenders for the 'Greatest Country in the World' nearly all have nukes, or connections to a country that does have a nuke.

DeletedUser

This thread hurts my brain.

Really, pebble, chine only has 20 million people between the age 18-40, really? Form the 2 billion people, only 20 million are 18-40? I think you may need to go back to primary school to understand how much 20 million out of 2 billion is. (Spoiler alert: It's 1%)

War is irrelevant, major wars between first world countries will not happen. If it does both countries will completely be destroyed, China and the US both have enough missiles, nuclear or not, to blow up every major city without even having to invade.
the Us only needs its army to send it to third world countries to steal their oil. (But they use some other silly excuse to declare war, ofcourse) The fact that they spend so much on their military is one of the major reasons their debt is incredibly high. If America cuts its military spending by 50% they'd still spend more than anyone else. This says enough, really

the USA is not the best country, and raurio, I love you to death, but your statement is incredibly inaccurate.

I can honestly say that I am happy that I do not live in America. It seriously sounds quite horrible...

DeletedUser

They only have 20 million age qualified. The actual army is 2.25 million.

Nukes...really? ok then...you started it...

THe united states has the MOST nuclear weapons. The BEST nuclear defense. The most ADVANCED nukes.

Make it a nuke war? bye bye china. Pull your conscription...say hello to NUKE

Did you just say that China only has 20million people Age Qualified between 18-40?

That statement is COMPLETELY WRONG. China has millions upon millions of people if it did go to war.

Look at the Korean war for the Americans, they get overpowered by the sheer number of Chinese volunteers.

DeletedUser8396

Did you just say that China only has 20million people Age Qualified between 18-40?

That statement is COMPLETELY WRONG. China has millions upon millions of people if it did go to war.

Look at the Korean war for the Americans, they get overpowered by the sheer number of Chinese volunteers.

I honestly dont understand how you believe China would win. Quality ALWAYS beats quantity.

Chinas navy and airforce are pathetic compared to ours. That alone gives us incredible advantage.

And dont hate on me for quoting a source. It appears, and still does, to be reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.