Is the USA the 'best country' in the World?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I was just saying your fact were completely wrong.

Wait? So... a quality nuke beats a quantity of nukes now?

No mate, with nukes there is never a winner.

China definitely has more than 20million people between 18-40....

a pebble, the point is. IF the USA attack China with their 'superior' air force or 'superior navy', China will just merrily launch a few hundred of it's nukes at the USA, and the USA will retaliate by launching it's nukes.

Military is of no consequence to which country is greatest, unless we are talking about the forceful occupation of 3rd world countries. And that in itself is morally wrong, and just makes the USA worse compared to other great nations.

DeletedUser

Millitary doesn't matter, nuclear ages=end of world, so no superpowers want to fight each other (like in Xi)
I love the USA but I might not go as far to we're the best country ever. The US spent $1 trillion on war... This is such a broad subject that I don't think that we can compare everything to judge countries on. Skully, I am not hating on you but come to America for a while when you get older and see how it is. If you travel to every state (or just a bunch of em) then you may have a different view on it. I will write more later cause Im too lazy right now.

DeletedUser8396

I was just saying your fact were completely wrong.

Wait? So... a quality nuke beats a quantity of nukes now?

No mate, with nukes there is never a winner.

China definitely has more than 20million people between 18-40....

a pebble, the point is. IF the USA attack China with their 'superior' air force or 'superior navy', China will just merrily launch a few hundred of it's nukes at the USA, and the USA will retaliate by launching it's nukes.

Military is of no consequence to which country is greatest, unless we are talking about the forceful occupation of 3rd world countries. And that in itself is morally wrong, and just makes the USA worse compared to other great nations.

I wasnt speaking of quality of nukes, but the quality of the nuke DOES matter...not near as much as quantity...but what does quantity of nukes matter when the USA has more...

Again, I was quoting a source. If you dont like it, take it up with them.

The launch hundreds of nukes? on us? ROFLMAO

Dont you see, nuclear war will NEVER happen as a first response. It would be a last ditch attempt.

Military plays a gigantic role in the greatest country, and to think different is to be naive. The fact the US has the best possible way to defend its freedoms, plays a key role why it is one of the best countries.

USA - wins military...end of story.

You may be right about other things, but our military is better than China.

DeletedUser

Military plays a gigantic role in the greatest country, and to think different is to be naive.
Not really, no. As I said in my previous post which you managed to skilfully ignore again, war between first-world countries won't happen anymore. The only place where war still takes place is in third world countries, on their territory.
the USA arguably has the best military, congratulations, you just created another couple of trillions in debt. The military supremacy is he only thing you have, and it's too bad that it doesn't exactly help you in being the 'best country in the world' because it creates so much more problems. The amount of money the USA is spending on their army is unnecessary.
Millitary doesn't matter, nuclear ages=end of world, so no superpowers want to fight each other (like in Xi)
I love the USA but I might not go as far to we're the best country ever. The US spent $1 trillion on war... This is such a broad subject that I don't think that we can compare everything to judge countries on. Skully, I am not hating on you but come to America for a while when you get older and see how it is. If you travel to every state (or just a bunch of em) then you may have a different view on it. I will write more later cause Im too lazy right now.
The USA seems like a wonderful place to visit. To live? Not so much. Just to name a few things that blow my mind which seem completely normal in the USA:

No universal healthcare.
NDAA.
The amount of support Santorum had, I don'care that he dropped out, the fact that so many people supported him just boggles my mind.
The amount of nonsensical lawsuits being won.
And finally the cocky attitude that... about 70% of the Americans has. After all, you are the most arrogant nation on earth

Ron Paul said:
Not the worst country in the world, but definitely the most hated. Maybe if we started minding our own business people would hate us less.

DeletedUser8396

There is no possible way we are more arrogant than the french :p lol

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on the military having an impact on the 'greatest nation' debate.

So on to another portion of 'the greatest nation' since military arguments are at a stalemate?

DeletedUser

I wasnt speaking of quality of nukes, but the quality of the nuke DOES matter...not near as much as quantity...but what does quantity of nukes matter when the USA has more...

Chinese Nuclear Quality is not inferior to the USA's Nuclear Quality as much as you would like to imagine.

Also both sides would mutually destroy each other, SO there is no stronger military power between China and USA. They are tied.

Again, I was quoting a source. If you dont like it, take it up with them.

You cherry pick sources, to get the result you require.

The launch hundreds of nukes? on us? ROFLMAO

Dont you see, nuclear war will NEVER happen as a first response. It would be a last ditch attempt.

We are playing hypotheticals. Which country is the stronger with their respective military, if they launched ultimate war on each other. The answer is they are mutually as strong as each other.

Military plays a gigantic role in the greatest country, and to think different is to be naive. The fact the US has the best possible way to defend its freedoms, plays a key role why it is one of the best countries.

Haha best way to defend it's freedoms.

Like Guantanamo bay? Afghanistan? Iraq?

Freedom cannot be protected by behind the doors brutality. Behind the door brutality undermines the system, and reduces freedom, as it gives more power to the people behind the doors...

USA - wins military...end of story.

No it's a tie between all the countries with nuclear missile capabilities, and the countries that are allied to countries with nuclear weapon capabilities.

You may be right about other things, but our military is better than China.

No it really isn't.

DeletedUser

No it's a tie between all the countries with nuclear missile capabilities, and the countries that are allied to countries with nuclear weapon capabilities.

actually, it is not. Some countries such as the UK, and France could easily be destroyed by the USA, or Canada (also, the US has more allies than any country in the world, but also more enemies, so we top the list in both of those, although our ratio is better than Vietnam's with allies:enemies) with one nuke, but it would take more than 50 nukes to destroy either of us.

There is no possible way we are more arrogant than the french :p lol

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on the military having an impact on the 'greatest nation' debate.

So on to another portion of 'the greatest nation' since military arguments are at a stalemate?

well, we are actually rated the most arrogant country since Nazi Germany, so we top the charts there too.

Kanga said:
Best Hospitals: Probably Canada.
Best inventors: German
Best Technology: Japan
Best Universities: England
Best Military: China
Best Diversity: Probably you, but it causes lots of crime and unnecessary racism.
Most Beautiful/Diverse Geography: I hate to say it, but probably Australia.

nope, wrong about that too

Best Inventors: USA (Thomas Edison, Benjamin Franklin, Steve Jobs...)
Best Technology: USA/Japan (different types, USA has more people using technology than Japan, and Japan has limited military technology compared to the USA)
Best Universities: USA/UK (depending on what you are looking for, Oxford in the UK, and Harvard in the USA are the top two universities in the world, and go up and down in the rankings every couple of years)
Best Military: USA (no way can China contest, they have less nukes, of lower quality, and less land mass, which means that we can destroy China, and not lose our entire country to Chinese nukes)
Best Diversity: I would like to see someone try to have more the USA
Most Beautiful/Diverse Geography: New Zealand for beautiful (USA is in the top 5 with Switzerland and a couple other countries) and Australia for diverse (USA comes in the top 5 again with that)
Best Athletes: USA (people come from all over to become US citizens, which means that we have as good athletes as any other country, because people come from almost every other country) We also have the most Olympic Gold medals as proof of that
Best Living Conditions: Japan (USA is in the top 5, and that is only because in smaller countries like Japan and Switzerland, there aren't as many people to get poor)
Best Country Overall (after average in all rankings listed above):
10:UK
9:Netherlands
8:China
7:France
6:USA
5:Australia(although the majority of people are not good drivers and such, they have enough rich people to even it out)
4:Mexico(too much drug trafficking to provide a safe environment though)
3:United Arab Emirates
2:Hong Kong(although, the fumes and other issues lead to a bit of uncomfortable instances)
1:Singapore(perfect country, almost no residents)

Most Billionaires/Millionaires:Russia (USA coming in second)
Most poor people:India (Russia comes in tenth, USA is not on the list of the top 100)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Best Inventors: USA (... Steve Jobs...)
Leave the internet and never come back.

the most internet users
Nope. china. Almost more internet users than the USA population.
Best Technology: USA/Japan
Finland is the most technologically advanced.

Highest debt: USA (more than #2 + #3) (lol)
Best Living Conditions: Japan (USA is in the top 5, and that is only because in smaller countries like Japan and Switzerland, there aren't as many people to get poor)

Lolno
5:Australia(although the majority of people are not good drivers and such, they have enough rich people to even it out)
2:Hong Kong(although, the fumes and other issues lead to a bit of uncomfortable instances)
Lol can we make out own lists now?

10. Netherlands
9. Netherlands
8. Netherlands
7. Netherlands
6. Netherlands
5. Netherlands
4. Netherlands
3. Netherlands
2. Netherlands
1. Netherlands
Obvious joke is obvious

OH, top 10 most liveable cities --> No USA cities.

DeletedUser8396

actually, it is not. Some countries such as the UK, and France could easily be destroyed by the USA, or Canada (also, the US has more allies than any country in the world, but also more enemies, so we top the list in both of those, although our ratio is better than Vietnam's with allies:enemies) with one nuke, but it would take more than 50 nukes to destroy either of us.

well, we are actually rated the most arrogant country since Nazi Germany, so we top the charts there too.

nope, wrong about that too

Best Inventors: USA (Thomas Edison, Benjamin Franklin, Steve Jobs...)
Best Technology: USA/Japan (different types, USA has more people using technology than Japan, and Japan has limited military technology compared to the USA)
Best Universities: USA/UK (depending on what you are looking for, Oxford in the UK, and Harvard in the USA are the top two universities in the world, and go up and down in the rankings every couple of years)
Best Military: USA (no way can China contest, they have less nukes, of lower quality, and less land mass, which means that we can destroy China, and not lose our entire country to Chinese nukes)
Best Diversity: I would like to see someone try to have more the USA
Most Beautiful/Diverse Geography: New Zealand for beautiful (USA is in the top 5 with Switzerland and a couple other countries) and Australia for diverse (USA comes in the top 5 again with that)
Best Athletes: USA (people come from all over to become US citizens, which means that we have as good athletes as any other country, because people come from almost every other country) We also have the most Olympic Gold medals as proof of that

Most poor people:India (Russia comes in tenth, USA is not on the list of the top 100)

Well, technically any ONE nuke can destroy a country...just in different ways.

A nuke can either, as you say, literally destroy a country. But also, imagine if one nuke hit square in the middle of detroit, new york, LA and even Dallas.

The devastation would reset the country back billions, and considering americas awesomeness with money...trillions.

LOL...i guess you dont like steve jobs skully?

But again, it depends on the inventions.

More internet users...is that even a good thing?

Highest debt...yeah...it sucks ( i dont see how that applies to billionairres tho...:rolleyes:

Not sure about quality of life...seems a bit more of a opinion than facts

DeletedUser

@skully

actually, the list I got the last from was from a list made up by CBS news, and is actual research. I added my comments onto the list. Your references seem to be all over the internet. I get most of mine from CBS news, and other reliable resources that are broadcast, throughout the USA, Canada, Mexico, and other countries. These are actual facts that I have found from actual research.

Also, if yours is from actual research, then the research could have been conducted on different parts of the same idea. Also, Netherlands is not on any of the lists that you provided, so that just proves that the US is better than the Netherlands, so you can't say much.

On the national debt, that is because we don't work for the government, but instead the government works for us. Only a few countries besides the USA rule the government, not the other way around.

Also, the national debt is another thing that we are top of the list at.

Oh, and skully, I notice that on over half of my comments, you made no argument. I only need half of those to prove my point that the USA is the best so...

...you have no point at all.

DeletedUser8396

Vlad...no...just, no.

1st - CBS is hardly reliable. Better than some, but not entirely.

2nd - His list was a joke...(click the spoiler)

3rd - The debt has little to do with the government working for us...all that means is we elect them and we can remove them (not re elect them)

4th - Thanks...we didnt know the US was in debt...it wasnt mentioned about a billion times before...

DeletedUser

actually, the list I got the last from was from a list made up by CBS news, and is actual research. I added my comments onto the list. Your references seem to be all over the internet.
Yea, because when your sources are from different places the credibility drops...

I get most of mine from CBS news, and other reliable resources that are broadcast, throughout the USA, Canada, Mexico, and other countries. These are actual facts that I have found from actual research.
Yeah, because the media has never lied and is totally reliable.

Also, if yours is from actual research, then the research could have been conducted on different parts of the same idea.
....what?

Also, Netherlands is not on any of the lists that you provided, so that just proves that the US is better than the Netherlands, so you can't say much.
It actually is, learn2read. Plus, the list I made is true, I was OBVIOUSLY NOT joking.

On the national debt, that is because we don't work for the government, but instead the government works for us. Only a few countries besides the USA rule the government, not the other way around.
...what? democracy != your government working for you.

Also, the national debt is another thing that we are top of the list at.
Exactly, more debt makes you a better country!!

Oh, and skully, I notice that on over half of my comments, you made no argument. I only need half of those to prove my point that the USA is the best so...
I disproved your arguments. I don't make argument because, as I've said before, I believe there is no 'best country.' There are too many variable and no single country can excel in them all. An utopia does not exist.

...you have no point at all.
My point is America != the best.

DeletedUser

@a tiny little stone with no power called a pebble, but which took down Goliath when added to someone like me

1-CBS is one of the most reliable newscast, and it is not hardly reliable. CBS has people working all over the world, and the research published by CBS that I am referring to is from a multi-university project to rate these countries, as well as with data collected by oxford in the UK, and other scientific hot-spots around the world

2-that means that his list of the Netherlands was a joke, not that the Netherlands were not #1 in his post

3-the debt means that the USA spends more to make citizens happier, and to provide us with better living conditions

4-I was replying to skully, not re-stating that we had the largest national debt

5-read my whole post

@skully

okay, well you are true in the part that there is no singular "best country" although the USA tops a lot of lists as "the best." for instance, the person that receives the most votes, becomes president, but is not the best in a lot of minds.

a democracy can be many things. It could be a selective democracy, that only allows certain people to vote, or it could be a republic, where people represent the popular vote as well as possible, or it could be a total democracy where every single person can stand up and plead their case for why or why not someone should do something, and everybody's vote gets counted, so that everybody has to vote.

your comment on "learn2read" needs to be a bit more correct in its spelling for me to read. the number 2 is not a recognized letter of the alphabet. To, too, and two are words, but not 2.

of course the media has never lied, don't you believe everything that you here?

I like the sarcasm though, sounds like my girlfriend.

DeletedUser

2-that means that his list of the Netherlands was a joke, not that the Netherlands were not #1 in his post
I never said Netherlands are #1 outside that list. (cuz they aren't)

Also, props on ignoring my reply.

DeletedUser

well, it seems that you are inclined to believe so, although now, you will deny it so that you can "be right"

thank you skully, but if you look at my post, then you will see that I did not ignore your reply, it is just that I was typing while you were, and posted after you posted, so I just edited it.

DeletedUser

okay, well you are true in the part that there is no singular "best country" although the USA tops a lot of lists as "the best." for instance, the person that receives the most votes, becomes president, but is not the best in a lot of minds.
some of the list it tops don't help. E.g. debt, arrogance.

a democracy can be many things. It could be a selective democracy, that only allows certain people to vote, or it could be a republic, where people represent the popular vote as well as possible, or it could be a total democracy where every single person can stand up and plead their case for why or why not someone should do something, and everybody's vote gets counted, so that everybody has to vote.
cool story bro, still doesn't mean the government 'works for you'.

your comment on "learn2read" needs to be a bit more correct in its spelling for me to read. the number 2 is not a recognized letter of the alphabet. To, too, and two are words, but not 2.
Correcting grammar/spelling is against the rules. + Im not even trying. this thread is filled with too many Americans I laugh at. I dont know how you guys keep it so serious. Reply in the abortion thread adressing my points if you wanna debate with me and my topnoth english

I like the sarcasm though, sounds like my girlfriend.
Oh, so you CAN understand sarcasm. I wasnt sure after you derepped me for an obvious joke. (explicitly stated)

well, it seems that you are inclined to believe so, although now, you will deny it so that you can "be right"
No, I've actually said it before, somewhere on the first/second page. There is no best country. the USA is not the best country, the Netherlands isnt the best country (better than the USA though, let the rage commence)

Ive made a very short list some posts ago why I would never want to live in the USA, have you read it? what do you think about those points?

DeletedUser

I am too lazy to look back, but they probably aren't worth it.

Anyway, I don't like the USA enough to stay here all of my life. I plan to move to Iceland and live out the rest of my life there. Geothermal vents...

DeletedUser8396

Whoever de repped me, asking where the citation (I think you meant source...but anyway) was previously posted. Also, please sign your reps...

I'll re-link it for you if NO-NAME is too lazy to read...

My source

Next time, dont de rep, but instead pm. Rep means you dis approve or approve of the post, not your little IM when you are too lazy to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.