Island Quests Discussion Thread

Beer Wench

Phrourach
completely unbalances the game, makes WW islands fortresses with the +30% defense buff... I thought they wanted more attacking!

Beer Wench

Phrourach
There is totally no +30% Attack buff.

OK let me type really slow and spell this out for you.. Defender with 25 wall, tower, stacked on a ww island now gets a 30% defense boost, a boost that is so easy to get it will be applied constantly. In order to break that I will need 40 attacking bonuses of 30% for my 40 cities??? 40>1.. therefore unbalanced. The mods have said they want more attacking. You think this encourages that?

Last edited:

DeletedUser16431

Question about Improved Troop Movement bonus: "Units from your city are traveling faster than usual. Your units travel 30% faster for 4 Hours 30 minutes."

Presumably, this bonus will apply to all naval units as well as troops. If so, is the 4.5 hour duration simply the window within which you must LAUNCH your attack to have the bonus applied...with the effect remaining for the FULL journey (regardless of travel time)? Or do the effects wear off after 4.5 hours, and the units then slow down to normal speed? Would obviously be a key point to know in order to factor it in when timing attack/support waves.

DeletedUser

OK let me type really slow and spell this out for you.. Defender with 25 wall, tower, stacked on a ww island now gets a 30% defense boost, a boost that is so easy to get it will be applied constantly. In order to break that I will need 40 attacking bonuses of 30% for my 40 cities??? 40>1.. therefore unbalanced. The mods have said they want more attacking. You think this encourages that?
I mean an alliance shall simply siege three of his citys he rolls support in to them then they conquer those defenceless citys as they are all using +30% attack buff :p

Beer Wench

Phrourach
Johanco do play at a high level on any servers? You think if I attack 3 cities, 1 of 3 is undefended? Or if we revolt 3 cities all the rest are empty? I am mostly talking about revolt worlds if that helps.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

This thing doesnt really work. I have +40 citys in Helorus and have had only 3 quests so far. No new ones starting.

Pleease keep it that way.

Beer Wench

Phrourach
I mean an alliance shall simply siege three of his citys he rolls support in to them then they conquer those defenceless citys as they are all using +30% attack buff :p

you are clueless, please tell what world you play one, or the next you plan to play on, because if you think 1 +30% defense bonus on one city being attacked by 40+ is equal to the 40 bonuses of +30% needed on all the cities attack that city... i will go turtle on you so that you might learn math. Your scenario requires an alliance to attack an individual to make it equal. Lets assume an allianice attacks an invidual who has an alliance supporting him/her......

Last edited:

DeletedUser

There should be a way to turn the quests off or modify them. I do not have time to do quests with 90 cities.

Defense buff is unfair like BW explained. Why not just keep it to resources, favor, and troops. A double bp award would really encourage attacking!

DeletedUser38224

Can we make it so the quests don't make me feel as guilty? :( :p

Screenshot-2.png

DeletedUser

You guys might want to have a rethink on this one for a non-age regulated game, not sure many parents of 14 year olds will be happy to explain this one to their kids...

The Brothel
Your adviser approaches you grinning widely. "We have money left over this year for beautifying the city. The noble quarter is lacking a good brothel, which you surely know. Such a construction would damage your reputation among the people a little, but you would be able to count on the military support of the aristocracy. We could, of course, also use the money to upgrade the city gardens, but that would require a little more money in addition."

If a 14 year old is not familiar with sexual reproduction then it is in my view the failing of either their school or their upbringing, or both, not Grepolis.
I was certainly aware of the 'birds and the bees' well before 14, in fact my 3 year old daughter knows that babies are made by a mommy and a daddy having a 'special cuddle'.

A brothel could easily be explained to her as a place where people who are not married or who are not mommies and daddies can have a 'special cuddle'.

I would be far more concerned with the language used by other people and what sort of private conversations she could get caught up in, not to mention the fact the game is at its essence about waging war on people that are not your friends.
If the whole warmongering aspect is not an issue then how is sexual reproduction an issue in light of the violence?

There is of course one very simple solution if people do not feel any game is suitable for their children, not just this one; don't let them play it, that is the choice we can all make and if Grepolis loses a player or two then so be it.

DeletedUser

I have to say that after completing more than ten quests,i am disapointed.
Every quest repets itself at least once,and yesterday i completed three completly same quests.

DeletedUser

Maybe now more use for Diplomacy (research) as some quest's use Village Mood.

DeletedUser

Did it happen only to me,or did the old login rewards get reseted to day one?
Today i could have only choosen between 400 resources or 40 favor.

DeletedUser

It's kinda funny that some people complain about the brothel quest (there's not even a revealing image on it).

I mean....this is a war game. You build an army and kill other people.
Then you complain about a brothel.

In USA, a 5 year old kid was playing with a miniature loaded rifle, given to him by his parents, and he killed his sister with it. The rifle was designed for children, and can kill.
I think this world has problems a lot more serious than a brothel quest on grepolis.