• Beginner's protection of 2 days

Votes: 72 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser909

World Kappa will be opening next week.

I would like the input of players before I decide on the settings of this brand new world. If you would like your preferences taken into consideration, please vote in the poll.

Please bear in mind that there are some settings that are non-negotiable. There will never be a night bonus on the International version. And some things are not capable of being set, such as favour caps.

DeletedUser

Conquest - Whilst Revolt is a good system and is very creative, and much better than most other games I do feel Conquest is a little better. For starters it's much more easy for a newer, or not that dedicated player to understand. I'd go into details but this argument has been repeated so many times I don't feel the need. It's not as if I can change your views on it.

No morale - Morale in this game is ridiculous. The fact that just a few weeks into the game the top 5 players are experiencing trauma from it on the average world is plain silly. Either it should be nerfed, or not exist in the game.

World Speed 2 - I've been playing since the German Alpha opened, and have played every speed several times and feel speed two fits with the game just perfectly. Speed one is slow and get's boring whereas speed three is too fast and the average person who can't spend multiple hours a day on this game get's left behind severely and quits. Most people love speed three, and hate speed one but the problem for me, and most people, aren't going to invest the required time into a game such us this and will most likely quit in a month or two. A mean, most serious gamers or whatever wouldn't actually do it if you think about it... Why? This game isn't that good.

Alliance Limit 100 - I would love a Limit of 25, but the result would just be a horrendous out-pour of family alliances and such. 100 isn't the extreme of 25, and isn't a invitation to MRAism like the ones above it. Ideal for me is 60, and 100 is the closest to that.

Seven day BP - I'm all for 5 days BP, I really am. However I feel 2 days doesn't make much of a difference and having it last a week, or 168 hours, would just be more simple and more neat for me and everyone else. Plus it means you can be better prepared and such. With 2 days I doubt even 10% of people would be taking advantage of it as they wouldn't actually be at the stage where they need to attack other players. I start attacking other players a day or two before I have enough troops to easily farm my 8 farming villages each day so I re-direct a portion of troops towards players for extra resources... That's a long way down the Greporoad after 2 days into the game.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Old conquest system would be excellent, is that setting under your control, Betsy?

DeletedUser

i would like conquer. with a world speed of 2/3 and a 200 alliance mem cap.

i have never played conquer as i started in theta, and iota

DeletedUser5211

kappa opening

Gamma world settings with the added ability to conquer overland would be nice

DeletedUser

Conquest, Morale not activated, World speed of 1, Alliance limit of 100 and BP lasting 5 days.

My reasoning is simple enough, beyond preference. Conquest is easier to work as far as my experience goes, morale isn't too big a deal, there are only two worlds (the oldest you can sign up to) that are speed 1, alliances should have the ability to grow but mass recruitment generally leads to alliance death, and BP gives time for both new and old players to build up.

While I know the vote for Speed 1 is losing (badly), it is going to be the deciding factor for whether or not I sign up to Kappa. Speed 3 requires that you're on every few hours or you start capping. Faster speeds also mean that even if you wipe a player out, they can be back up too quickly when unit speed is not changed (CS don't move any quicker on a speed 2/3 world). I'd like to join a new world under the old settings, a fresh start for everyone, but thus far that's not an option. On top of which, Alpha, Beta and Delta are the biggest, most expanded worlds on the int servers. The faster speeds still have plenty of growing to do. I doubt the voting pattern will change before the poll is closed, but meh.

And Jon, I don't think conquest will ever be possible over land. I know you can start a revolt by ground attack, but even under that system it requires a CS to drop in. I expect this is one of the things that is non-negotiable.

Regards,

Finton.

DeletedUser

Conquest
Revolt
Morale activated
World speed of 3
Alliance limit of 500
Beginner's protection of 7 days

DeletedUser

speed 3 would be great so that only active players will take part

speed 3 is the way :D

DeletedUser

It would be better if the research would be greater, resources and storage capacity to be proportional to the increased resources, and farm level to be raised at least with 10 points

DeletedUser

Kappa

wouldnt it be nice to be able to actually use troops and ships that are given to you in support>?

moose

DeletedUser

Beginners Protection 7 days? cowards your all going to perish when we get there anyway lol

DeletedUser

Agree with magicshadow, really think the research should be tweaked if that's possible, and maybe a new infantry type, replacing the chariot, i mean its got the same characteristics as the hoplite, part from speed, and the horseman has that, it juts seems needless, in my opinion maybe scrap the chariot, it dont have to be replaced. Apart from that i think everything else is great,

Spped 3:
Alliance cap:500
MORALE:NO
CONQUEST.

Thanks

DeletedUser

am i the only one who would like speed 1? fast worlds aren't my thing:)

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
I prefer speed 2 worlds to be honest but oh well don't matter, speed 3 is just as good, just requires a lot of time on it as it's faster.

Revolt
Morale NOT activated
Speed 2
Alliance limit of 200
Beginners protection 5/7 days...

DeletedUser

begginers pro at 7 takes foreveeeeer to get out of and i hat it

DeletedUser

Conquest - I prefer this system.
Morale not activated but its not too big a deal, just gives the little fellows a few extra days.
Speed 3, more action, more fun.
Alliance cap 250+, let people run it as they wish, if they want to be an MRA, they should have the right to and forget all these MRA bashers.
Protection 5-7 days is more than sufficient.

DeletedUser

conquring

being able to conqure overland instead of just by sea would be great and would add a twist to the game. game speed 3 would also be great

Status
Not open for further replies.