Top 12 Lamia Alliances innit :)

DeletedUser

Fair enough. Reasonable. I didn't mean anything by it, though. I was just looking for an alliance name, and noticed that since I'd quit Zeta (I haven't played since then) the Nightmares seem to have virtually disappeared, so I just did a sort of homage to them, I guess. I'm in no way meaning to claim my alliance is as good as the original Nightmares.

Ahh... well if you wish to pay homage to NmE, you know what needs to be done.

Blood for the blood God... skulls for the skull throne... milk for the khorne flakes!

In other words; fight, fight some more, and engage in a bit of banter. :D

Failing to do that, you might be satirizing them instead.

DeletedUser24785

I don't hate enemies in-game,i don't even hate enemies in RL. I fought in the falklands war at 18 yrs old, and don't hate the Argentines, its down to others where an army fights not the soldiers.
As for sarcasm its supposed to be the lowest form of wit, but any joke about kicking but in RL,i feel, is below sarcasm and not even worthy of being called witty.
I also 'respect 'alot of fellow players, but not sure i've ever 'respated' one, guess thats a new nineties word us old people don't know.
On a world where people are being banned for city and player names, threatening in RL terms seems worse to me,meant in jest or not.I find threatening behaviour far worse than a near the knuckle city name, but hey, i'm not a Mod.We'll actually i was a while back that was also pre-nineties, so probably irrelevent on this game.

P.S. Yes Mila your right, a bad decision on that world, but hey you learn from your mistakes.I thought those players were worth the risk and it backfired.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9070

Horus: We haven't had many people to fight this far from the center. We've been getting a little more action lately, though. Can finally get some BPA going now aside from clearing random noobs... And I'm all for banter as long as there's a mutual respect and a realization that it's just a game. Daizan doesn't seem to be able to grasp that concept... But oh well. Have fun, R4GE. We'll see how things go in Lamia.

DeletedUser

Draganaxx: I shouldn't even feel the need to reply to this. I'll humor you.
As for real life, it has nothing at all to do with this. I'm confident enough in real life that I don't talk over a video game. Wish I could say the same for you. As for his rankings, I do know something. I said FFDP is ranked higher than Dai is. Tell me I'm wrong. Go look at the rankings, and tell me I'm wrong. As for the "excuse," quote me exactly where I said that was an excuse for my low points. All I did was mention that I don't know much about the early stages of this server because I started late. Where did I mention my points? And as for intelligence, you can't even figure out basic grammar. Even if English isn't your first language (which I can completely understand), your English skills are awful at best, and if it IS your first language, then I'm glad you found SOMETHING you can be good at despite how utterly brain-dead you are.

It is really funny how you see all this :D you dont know what is point of all this...

Also English is my first language and I am not smart like you to know write it well :D

About your "excuse", Is not ones how I read you started playing in this world later....who care, and if this is not excuse you would not talking about that :D

And calm down girl you will get complexes :D :D :D

totally forgot to mention, your humor is really bad, even my cousin who is just 2 years old have better humor then you hahaha :D Dont try again make somebody laugh, people will just run away :D :D :D

DeletedUser12512

Draganaxx: I shouldn't even feel the need to reply to this. I'll humor you.... And as for intelligence, you can't even figure out basic grammar. Even if English isn't your first language (which I can completely understand), your English skills are awful at best, and if it IS your first language, then I'm glad you found SOMETHING you can be good at despite how utterly brain-dead you are.

Are we judging maturity at how thinly veiled we can toss out insults now? If so, are you any better than those you have judged immature?

If not, then I believe maturity is when ones judgement superceeds their mouth, which is a claim you are no longer able to make.

DeletedUser

Why daizan, is it good when you have all those green bar-things under your name like that?

DeletedUser5061

As for sarcasm its supposed to be the lowest form of wit, but any joke about kicking but in RL,i feel, is below sarcasm and not even worthy of being called witty.
I also 'respect 'alot of fellow players, but not sure i've ever 'respated' one, guess thats a new nineties word us old people don't know.
On a world where people are being banned for city and player names, threatening in RL terms seems worse to me,meant in jest or not.I find threatening behaviour far worse than a near the knuckle city name, but hey, i'm not a Mod.

It's up to you decide whether a joke is funny or not, not wheather it's a joke or not. I signed up to play a war game so excuse me if I don't come across very nice to my enemies. You wanna meet nice guys on the net go sign up for a dating site.

You don't like the job the mods are doing and think you can do a better job, you should put in appliacation to become one but before you go and do that take a sec to read up on the forum rules rather than assume you just know what they are. If you had done that then you would have seen there is nothing wrong with a player criticizing other players on how they play the game, how bad their alliances are and using humour but rebuking another user concerning his/her grammar/spelling and using personal insults like the ones below are not allowed on these forums.

Odd. Some of these R4GE players are smart, mature people. Some of you are total morons.

If that was supposed to be sarcasm, the idiot can't even express sarcasm.

And as for intelligence, you can't even figure out basic grammar. Even if English isn't your first language (which I can completely understand), your English skills are awful at best, and if it IS your first language, then I'm glad you found SOMETHING you can be good at despite how utterly brain-dead you are.

And maybe Dai isn't selfish. I just get the feeling he's been bullied in real life, because he takes this video game FAR too seriously.

Oh ,and try and get some professional help, i think this game has gone to your head.

I'm sorry you got bullied by the jocks in school but wow... Let's get a little mature, alright

Sounds like evasion by the dictionary. Of course, if your vocabulary is the size of your you probably didn't understand what I meant by "avoid."

I guess you're just trash.

Don't worry though I am not offended by such comments, I always could see the funny side when players say I am taking the game too seriously and yet they are the ones attacking people on personal level over a game. Another thing that's funny to me and fast becoming a cliché in grepo is old man moaining about immaturity, if you are looking for a mature crowd maybe a games forum ain't the best place to go looking.

DeletedUser24785

I'm all for banter, its why i even bothered coming on the main forum, i never bothered before ,but it looked like abit of fun ingame.
I'm not bothered about being called a coward, my ex-army buddies would disagree with you as would my Falklands medal/NI medal for time in Northern Ireland during troubled times.
As for friends/enemies, they are just fellow gamers on an internet game.Whether in your alliance or not, infact i often talk to the opposition as much as my own alliance members.
If threatening RL butt kicking is funny .then i apologise for my obvious lack of up to date humour.
I don't need an internet dating site i'm happily married thanks with 3 kids, but you may want too look into it maybe lose some of that pent up agression.Good luck with the first date, i doubt they'd want a second.

DeletedUser9070

Draganaxx: You are a complete moron. That's not the definition of "humor" I was using. I didn't intend to make anybody laugh. Please learn how to use the English language before using the forums. And as for the "excuse," I already answered that subject matter. Learn to read.

Atticus X: I only attacked his intelligence because he first insulted mine, though he used horrendous English in doing so. And I don't know what you mean by "thinly veiled," because that wasn't supposed to be veiled at all. I called him brain-dead. If that's "veiled" to you, then I don't know what your issue with reading is. And I never asked you how you defined maturity, nor do I care what R4GE members think of me.

Daizan: I'm here because the maturity on this game used to be (and, for the most part, still seems to be) far and above other online games. And I'm just mocking the intelligence of R4GE members. You're threatening to kick Grepolis players' asses in real life. Which one seems to be taking it more seriously? If you even attempt to argue that it's anybody but you, you're truly beyond help.

Keep at me, boys. And Dai.

DeletedUser12512

You don't care what R4GE members think? That must be why you are here responding to us while at he same time justifying your comments?

You know what they say 'Justifcation is the first sign of guilt'

Your attempts to rile us up are appreciated though, it is always enjoyable to see how the 'mature players' do it.

DeletedUser9070

You R4GE folks make a lot of assumptions. So responding means I care what you think of me? And thanks for the compliment. I'm flattered. At least, I'm assuming it was a compliment. It couldn't have been mockery or sarcasm since I never claimed to be mature. Of course, it wouldn't shock me for you to be mentally incapable of using such rhetoric devices. I suppose that would take a triple-digit IQ score.

DeletedUser

Draganaxx: You are a complete moron. That's not the definition of "humor" I was using. I didn't intend to make anybody laugh. Please learn how to use the English language before using the forums. And as for the "excuse," I already answered that subject matter. Learn to read.

Sorry what is moron? :D

Did I said that you write: definition of "humor", or it was: your humor is really bad? :D And then you talk to me about English :D ;)

But I can see how hard you trying to meke somebody laugh on your posts, shame because you are sooo bored talking about same things all time :D

And as for the "excuse" I told you :) if this is not excuse you would not talking about that :D

hahahahah matur one :D ;)

DeletedUser

It couldn't have been mockery or sarcasm since I never claimed to be mature.

This has me a little confused, not gonna lie. You seem to have a double standard going here. For the last couple pages all I've seen is you lambasting our maturity level and intelligence and yet you're saying you don't claim to be mature? (And honestly? It's nearly impossible to tell the intent behind a written comment, without the body language and vocal infliction that dictate intent in a face to face interaction the writer will mean one thing and the reader will interpret what is written based on their own notions)

So if you are not mature then how can you criticize someone else for not being mature either? I've seen several attempts to have a rational debate and it keeps coming back to our maturity and intelligence level.

Now really, how did this go from dai trying to stir the pot and get more activity going in the server (which I'll admit may have gone a step over) to the intelligence of people who have not even posted in this forum being called into question in an insulting manner by a person who is critical of a person being insulting?

DeletedUser9070

Draganaxx: You really just can't understand what I'm saying, though it's obviously clear to everyone else here. I'm done even attempting to talk to you. I can't dumb my messages down much more for you. Your R4GE members would even have one hell of a time trying to defend what you're saying.

MilaB: Finally an intellectual... Anyway, I'm just saying Atticus rushed to and assumed a conclusion--which he did. As for the maturity level, I'm still trying to figure things out through all of this. I remember back when I used to play, banter was great. But when you stopped and said, "Hey, this is nothing personal, right?" people would agree. Instead, Daizan replied by telling me she'd kick my in real life. That's the immaturity here. Most of the rest of my banter here so far's been figuring out what the hell's going on. What I've said here isn't anything personal (except for Draganaxx--he truly is, in all seriousness, a total idiot). I'm trying to figure out what's banter and what's not since the community's obviously changed a large amount since I used to play. So don't take what I'm saying TOO seriously. Just testing the waters, all that good stuff. Fair enough?
Just that the others seemed to just be down-talking as well, and I was still trying to figure out if it was banter or not. But since you're being legitimately inquisitive, that's my response.

EDIT: To clarify, the same goes for Daizan. If it's banter (which I'm starting to think it is, since some have suggested it's ridiculous for her to take things too far) then no harm, no foul, and I'll play along. If she's actually being serious, I'll probably just stop addressing her altogether to avoid anything personal.

DeletedUser

Most of the rest of my banter here so far's been figuring out what the hell's going on. What I've said here isn't anything personal (except for Draganaxx--he truly is, in all seriousness, a total idiot).

It is amusing to me though, that you automatically assume Dragana is an idiot based on her posts. Her English isn't great, but it's not horrible either, and we understand her just fine. She's also not an idiot. Just...enthusiastic and passionate ;)

So, you see...when you draw conclusions about people based solely on forum posts for an online MMO then...well...that's thinking bordering on idiocy imo.

For example, I...contrary to popular belief, am a 400lb Rickshaw runner when I'm not playing grepolis. My best friend is an Orangutan, and I like to take long walks on short piers. You'd never get any of that from a post here in the forums, but it's all true...pinky swear :p

DeletedUser9070

Jen: It's not just based on the grammar--it's based on the total inability to comprehend simple concepts. She can't even understand the difference between "haha" humor and a pity-like "humor." That's why I asked if English was her first language. The second type of humor is an idiom--something non-native speakers wouldn't understand. But if that's her native language and she can't understand simple concepts like that (and others she obviously exhibited a complete and utter lack of understanding toward), that shows she's an idiot.

And yeah, of course you can't come to conclusions on everything about a person based on their forum posts. But you can gauge a general intelligence level based off of comprehension of some things, can't you? For instance, maybe you're not a super-intellectual person, but you at least understand basic concepts and seem fairly capable, if not smarter. Dragan doesn't seem that way at all...

DeletedUser

Hi Jen, love you x, A coward.

So then...those are flowers on their way to my city :D mwah!

For instance, maybe you're not a super-intellectual person

That made me laugh so hard I think I pee'd a little. Maybe...is the impt. word in that sentence cos...you know...maybe maybe maybe I'm not so smart.

DeletedUser

Also, Please keep in mind:

Forum Rules said:
It is not allowed to rebuke another user concerning his grammar/spelling. If the grammar/spelling of a user is that bad, report the post.

Have a nice day!

~ Lane