• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aicy

Strategos
Lootable Market

Proposal
After the warehouse is empty you should be able to loot current offers up in the polis market

Current Workaround
Get your resources from the warehouse, farming villages, or resource mines, trading, etc.

Details
When you post up a offer on the market the resources in that offer are no longer venerable from raiding. I personally think this is a big loophole and people could just make ridiculous offers of their 5000 clay for 1 wood(if its possible) with 30 minute range when a farming attack is coming so they don't lose it. You may have noticed extreme offers in your market, they're everywhere. I find these are just people storing resources.

After the offer(s) up in the market have been looted, in the normal report they would receive after being attacked, at the bottom there would be a notice of something like "The offers so and so have been cancelled due to the resources taken by the attacker"

If there is multiple offers up the offers which hold the least resources will be looted first, and in the case of it being the same amount of resources they are both taken down.

The resources can only be looted when they are up for OFFER. They can not be looted once the offer has been accepted or if you are trading with a farming village.
Abuse Prevention
Abuse prevention? This is abuse prevention.

Summary
This would stop players cheating by taking advantage of the market.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Is this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I'll vote for this as long as the hidden resources in the warehouse remain.
The max offer is 3 -1 and shortest time 30 mins :)

DeletedUser

this is a good idea.. maybe have it set up if possible that if your town is hit by an attack and the defenders lost whatever was set up in the market auto flip back to the warehouse and gets to be part of the booty thats farmed. no wait no fuss. anything over what the warehouse can hold is lost.

DeletedUser

Remorce,that's what the ideal is..

Anyways,I second this.

As I thought the warehouse was the hiding place..(click the warehouse before saying something about my post.)

DeletedUser

his proposal was after the warehouse has been looted dry... mine is for before the warehouse gets looted they hit the market first....

:p

DeletedUser

Better yet, have it take resources in an equal ratio from both.

DeletedUser

you cant take equal as someone cant have 37 rock(after farming) for 500 silver :p

otherwise i support the idea

DeletedUser

I have a problem with this.

you did not explain how the market system is going to work, what happens if an offer was made then the village was raided/looted and the user did not have enough resources to make the offer that was placed on the market?

Last edited by a moderator:

Aicy

Strategos
The offer would be cancelled, in the report it could say at the bottom 'Your market has been raided and so and so offer has been cancelled.'

DeletedUser

Would it also apply if you use up all the resources I.E building a building, "buying" more troops?

If so, its going to be a problem for not only those being farmed but also for those who tend to splash out on buildings/research/troops

DeletedUser

Honestly, I would prefer to not make this game too much similar to tribal wars, so I would suggest a commission paid for every offer redrawed from the market, that could be set equal to a fixed % of the resources offered.
In this way hiding resources in the market would be a bit less profitable for the defender.

DeletedUser

hiding resources was a fact of management in evony.
leaving a posted bid for recs should only be active for half an hour or so,or else instanant returning of recs when under attack put in play.

it is fun to play the stock market but % penalties for withdrawing posts should be implemented i think. i.e. you can try to make extra with well saved recs but not be able to hide them .

Aicy

Strategos
Honestly, I would prefer to not make this game too much similar to tribal wars, so I would suggest a commission paid for every offer redrawed from the market, that could be set equal to a fixed % of the resources offered.
In this way hiding resources in the market would be a bit less profitable for the defender.

That is a different idea and I think the way I suggested would be better. ;)

leaving a posted bid for recs should only be active for half an hour or so,or else instanant returning of recs when under attack put in play.
1) People would only put up these offers for 5 minutes to protect there resources
2)I don't think that should happen, because people could just send you fakes and mess up your market all the time. The market should only be looted once the warehouse has nothing left.

DeletedUser

Considering we have a hiding place(It's the warehouse,just click it & you will see)

Why should we allow players to be able to put offers up when soon as the attack hits,the attacker goes him with nothing & the defender has resources to continue to build troops,buildings, & research..

As someone brought up about them using the resources for building troops,buildings,research..There will usually have some left over to plumber..

It's according to the size of your warehouse,& if you have premium.

One problem will be with this is if you have multiple offers on the market..

Will it take them all down?

Or will it just take as many as it needs to fill the haul amount?

DeletedUser

I would say that it would take them all down so long as no other player has accepted the offer. Once another player accepts the offer in the market then it should be untouchable.

The only reason I say take them all down is where do you draw the line on which offer it takes down... so taking all down is the only option.

DeletedUser

it makes sense. when u loot a town regardless if it's in market or not until it gets shipped it's just sitting in the market waiting. so why wouldn't they grab it? well this is good to know and think i will be using this flaw if needed. it's the same thing for empire craft. u can hide supplies in the market.

DeletedUser

Hey guys, great attitudes there - why not just make the game so that you all start the game with Giant Stompy Robots in your cities that nothing can stop?

And they can walk under water too!

And no one else has them ...

As for this suggestion here is the other side of it: when you trade with the loca farms you have to go there to trade with your goods

If you are trying to trade with other players then naturally you would go to them

Sounds like you want it all to be designed for the attacker - so play action man on your consoles on the noobs setting ... then you get to kill the enemy with no casualties and never lose.

This is supposed to be a strategy game - no challenge = no brainer

Status
Not open for further replies.