MRA's

DeletedUser

I got an invite from Real Madrid today. I told him no because he's sent the same mail to everyone else...and he said 'you really are a nerd'.

Nice.

DeletedUser

Thanks alot for that Thunder !!!

:D :D :D

I guess I'll have to make my own mistakes as you all have. I dont think Im doing too bad for my first ever go - Im on the edge of two oceans, Im 100th place for points in 1 and 5th place in the other, even though I have hardly had a fight yet I still have almost the same BP as Real-64 as a whole and will be their second highest rated player if they want me to join, so I guess it just proves what you are saying - they cant be that good for a total noob like me to be keeping up.

J.

DeletedUser6983

Ive had to say No to Real Madrid about 10x atleast. All of em keep asking me.

then theres Nine Tailed Foxes that are begging me to pact with em. a 3 day conversation with this guy. I dont know how many times i said no and he keeps messaging me

DeletedUser

I feel your pain 123 The leader of the Immortal Titans has the mad hard on for a pact with my alliance lol

DeletedUser2663

man i seem to of been lucky so far, i only have needed to say no once for them to stop pestering me, (or maybe its cos i threaten to farm em, who knows lol)

DeletedUser

I guess I'll have to make my own mistakes as you all have.

Know the feeling mate. Completely new.
I am making lots of mistakes. Like you have.
But, I have the fortune of being an adult. Like you seem to be.
I write written sentences with full stops. Like you do.
Do not join an MRA

A bit of forum 'court-talk' goes a long way too.
Give these people grief, they love it. It tickles their fancy.
*tickle tickle*
Do not join an MRA
Half of this game is off-game and in-forum, and it's all based on grief.
We have a lot of 'down-time' while playing.
So, the best sit and work, sleep and play, while waiting and typing.
All while the experts give the experts ...grief.
Do not join an MRA

I'm far from an expert, I'm a noob...
But I know how to give grief...

Speaking of which, aren't Narwhals nearly extinct?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

People like me I guess.

I asked as a new plwyer whether joining Real Madrid was a good idea if someone else on my island has and the advice was "Why are you worried about us decent players and our battles" and "You may as well join and learn from them" so a bit of good advice and a bit of honesty about noobs like me's place in the world !! lol

My concerns were reading discussions between the supposedly "elite" players like yourselves who never stop banging on about MRA's and how much you enjoy hitting on them. At that point you are kind of in a catch 22 - join an "elite team" if they would have you as a noob that is, and then get peoples backs up as you're not good enough and maybe get kicked or farmed yourself. Or join an alliance that will take you thats much smaller but also considered cannon fodder by the better players, or join Madrid or a big MRA in the hope that they are big enough to at least try and help support you a bit if you are in trouble.

At that point there aren't really many options !! lol

In theory a really big MRA should come out fairly well as the weakest get absorbed or destroyed through attrition and the sheer numbers ensure that the stronger players get more resources and strength to work with. Assuming the alliance is organised and run well that is !!

J.

My first world I joined a small alliance a little bit away from the core. Small alliances are must better to learn from as they have the time to spend with their players 1-on-1 and talk you through as you are learning. being part of a large mra isn't going to do you that much good really.. maybe they could offer some support but enough to balance out you being a target from 'elite sides'? I doubt it. There are good alliances that take on new players and will teach them how to play.. I don't think Real Madrid will do that for you..

DeletedUser

Only time will tell I guess.

I have no axe to grind with anyone, and as a noob I am well aware that my little fledgling city thats already eaten alot of my spare time is just a microdot in the gand scheme of things. But we all have to start somewhere and this is a game after all, and games are meant to be fun.

If I want to do something challenging in real life I can just take my race car to a track day and see how fast i can go !!! lol Grepolis is just to keep the little grey cells whirring !!

J. :D

DeletedUser

Oh dear. Look at the Great Empire. We have more trouble. It is like an infection. I would use my old tactics of "humiliate leader" but that would mean I'm risking my life and soul.

Meanwhile, I got a reply to my whining mail to Mr. Madrid. He admitted that he needed to improve his leadership. Then I received this:

R.Madrid said:
I think that bad players have also the right to join an alliance

I do it because I don`t conform wining only in one sea, you have to win in all the seas in order to win this world

That`s why I create the branches

:(

Someone knock some sense into the guy, please. Marines? Are you able to?

DeletedUser

isn't RM a devote christian or something?
btw, Hogs of destiny destroy any appearance of mra in these alliances :D

DeletedUser

My first world I joined a small alliance a little bit away from the core. Small alliances are must better to learn from as they have the time to spend with their players 1-on-1 and talk you through as you are learning. being part of a large mra isn't going to do you that much good really.. maybe they could offer some support but enough to balance out you being a target from 'elite sides'? I doubt it. There are good alliances that take on new players and will teach them how to play.. I don't think Real Madrid will do that for you..

i agree with princess. cause this is my new world and my first alliance [Black Legion] taught me a lot. and i got the taste of every bit that happens in this world. but joining Mra's are not a bad option for a new guy. as he dont know the ticks of this game and in an mra he will find a lot of new guys out there along with him. I have great Respect for R.Madrid leadership and playing skills. cause even after being targeted so much by a lot of guys and surviving for a real long time , it is no joke.( we all know what kind of support we get in an mra)

also a noob in elite team will not survive long (except some). as that alliance want a lot more then that from him. so sooner or later he will be kicked out or become the target of carnivorousness.
well i dont want to offend the Elite alliances cause we all know that this is important for the greater good of the alliance
now many of you might ask .
1. why is a new player not able perform well even though we have a lot of guides and our communication are better?.(elite alliances)
guys it is not new. we have seen this and heard this question but plz give the new guys some time. this is a global game all of them might not know English well or it is a common trend a new guy is always shy. also they might not know how to communicate.and communicating means ( a lot of alliances uses skype and other messenger). also who have all the time to go through every guides in the forum. we learn more through experiance then through reading(man.. we are here to play not to study;)).

------------------------------------------------------------------------
also the MRA's being tageted cause of the only reason that they have new guys in there who dont know how to defend properly(as all of us wants easy targets). or cause if we let them grow they may use tactics like mass bolting and things.

Ps: this is my view. it is not directed towards anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14937

im very new to this game (less than 2 weeks in i think) but why do you all hate MRA's?

DeletedUser

Dammit,

There should be some kinda icon that can light up in the thread heading when your monitor and keyboard are gonna get a soaking from whatever beverage you're drinking when reading comments like that !!

Double rep just for the french comment !!

:D

J.

DeletedUser

In all fairness to MRA's, new players to this game do have to start somewhere. It is unlikely that a new player would receive an invitation to join an alliance that is full of experienced players that got their start on another world.

Take myself for example, I don't recognize any names of players that I used to play with, and my name won't appear in any other worlds even though I used to play in Epsilon as a top ranked member of the number 1 alliance before I had to leave on an overseas assignment and give my cities away.

Even though I have experience playing the game, it is unlikely that I would have received an invite from a top alliance here without showing my worth first. And basically any alliance that doesn't have recognized players from another world is considered an MRA. Funny though that anyone can even be considered an MRA when we have an alliance cap. So, MRA's, as much as we like to dog them, do have their value in teaching the next class of top notch players.

Thank you newbies and MRA's and may you learn from my attacks and use that knowledge in your next life.