MRA's

DeletedUser

good, no big mra's yet with chain alliances. the worst we have got is a couple of alliances nearing 40 members. unlike Kappa 'cough' REAL MADRID 'cough'. hopefully it will stay that way.

DeletedUser

good, no big mra's yet with chain alliances. the worst we have got is a couple of alliances nearing 40 members. unlike Kappa 'cough' REAL MADRID 'cough'. hopefully it will stay that way.
we have u,is enough.no need mras.

DeletedUser

Yea no MRA's yet :).

DeletedUser

Madrid are in Lambo!!

DeletedUser

I think we might have one already...

Gaeltacht
Gaeltacht II

Branches with the server only two days old???

DeletedUser

is founder played in german grepo and he think hes somekind of grepo god.well,hes not the only one.... but to create a huge mra is simply too much4 e.

DeletedUser

you have Tritons Spear ,TritonsSpear II,Tritons Spear III,and Tritons Spear IV .

DeletedUser

Um... a question.
Granted, I'm new to Grepolis, one week playing, and as an aged and professional militarian historian I deem it wise not to commit too anything before a protection period is over...
But, what exactly constitutes an MRA?

Don't misinterpret what I try to convey, but 'mass recruiting' at this stage almost seems wise. Within days you might be the top of the heap and stay there for years just from the gained impetus. Everyone is 175-700.
After all, new recruits often far surpass old players in energy, and with a bit of non-commisioned aid, recruits have the means to grow so swiftly in skill, it can cause experts to swim in confounded amazement. This is bourne out not only in games, but on the battlefields of history.

Please, don't get me wrong. I fully understand and acknowledge expertise, they rule the field. But at this stage in Lambda, with a few hours behind us...what is the worry of an MRA?
So, for you of ancient play, please explain.

DeletedUser

Um... a question.
Granted, I'm new to Grepolis, one week playing, and as an aged and professional militarian historian I deem it wise not to commit too anything before a protection period is over...

Don't misinterpret what I try to convey, but 'mass recruiting' at this stage almost seems wise. Within days you might be the top of the heap and stay there for years just from the gained impetus. Everyone is 175-700.
After all, new recruits often far surpass old players in energy, and with a bit of non-commisioned aid, recruits have the means to grow so swiftly in skill, it can cause experts to swim in confounded amazement. This is bourne out not only in games, but on the battlefields of history.

Please, don't get me wrong. I fully understand and acknowledge expertise, they rule the field. But at this stage in Lambda, with a few hours behind us...what is the worry of an MRA?
So, for you of ancient play, please explain.

The hatred of an MRA comes from they being annoying and don't have much skill. For the most part, MRAs become disorganized and inactive. Many times it ends up being a few big members pulling along the smaller members. There is no form of filtering either to separate the dedicated players from those who may log in once or twice a day. The loose requirements also mean MRAs have a large number of spies.

However the smaller units can coordinate much more quickly and form a bond with each other. Smaller numbers also means it is easier to help others when they are in need, whether it be a question or support.

You may also want to take a look at this thread which discusses what exactly defines an MRA.

http://forum.grepolis.net/showthread.php?t=12248

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thank you Chrss, I understand all that. And thanks for your swift response.
But it doesn't answer my question.

Many times in games, and more succinct ...in history... those mass groups win battles, wars and sometimes achieve a position of sublime importance and positions of ultimate supremacy.
Of course, often they are defeated and supply the means for a more powerful entity the means of spacial growth and conscripted troops.

My question remains. Why the antipathy to a natural phenomenon on such a new server such as Lambda? It seems an MRA has every advantage in a new server for new players.

DeletedUser

Um... a question.

So, for you of ancient play, please explain.[/QUOTE
i will not explain 2 u whats a mra coz u already know that,i destroyed many members of a huge rma from my ocean in eta.they do not react.they send support sometimes to the one which i attacked in that moment,but never attacked me.but they talk in their forum how bad,idiot... i am and what they want to do to me.why i hate mras?coz they always talk.well,4 that they can use skype,yahoo,etc.u dont need to play grepo.and they always threat me when im attacking them.its something like that:take mutzzy, whos over me,coz i will kill him!a mra will never rule a world,if this world have at least 10 good players which r united.and im talking about a mra with 300 or 400 players.

DeletedUser

I guess I misunderstood you there.

I honestly don't see why the hate is there though. I guess it's just one of those things where after you have thought one way for so long you automatically make it a stereotype. They eventually die off in the later game. In all honestly I have yet to see a quality MRA in early game. Later game they do improve a little but but they won't compete with the elitists in the long run.

DeletedUser

Thank you Chrss, I understand all that. And thanks for your swift response.
But it doesn't answer my question.

Many times in games, and more succinct ...in history... those mass groups win battles, wars and sometimes achieve a position of sublime importance and positions of ultimate supremacy.
Of course, often they are defeated and supply the means for a more powerful entity the means of spacial growth and conscripted troops.

My question remains. Why the antipathy to a natural phenomenon on such a new server such as Lambda? It seems an MRA has every advantage in a new server for new players.

Because apologia, 80-90% of the time, MRAs fail when it comes down to it. When an organized alliance attacks the MRA, chances are it will lose because of its poor organization and lack of skilled players. Everyone in an MRA will just think "oh, ill just let the other 300 people do the work for me, no big deal"

Thats not to say that all MRAs will fail. People use the term MRA too sparingly. Im not going to go into great detail as to what i mean but the thread that chris linked sums it up pretty well.

DeletedUser

Ah yes, I guess that does answer my question, though I have no idea what 'mutzzy' said.
Sorry mate. *chuckles*

But in the end, these people do provide you with the 'grist for the mill'. I would feel that you should applaude their participation rather than revile it.
But I remain confused to the argument. Reading the forums, it would appear DeJa Vu and 420s on Gamma 'were' MRA... but somehow got above it with one massive player, or a mass improvement.

Is MRA a term of derision that is tossed around to appease the urge of personal aggrandizement? I'm a bit confused as to it's use.