Numeric Argument Against the Existence of God

Link of time

Phrourach
Aren't numbers as we know them a human invention?
(Or God's idea put in their head but that's a whole other argument)

(P.S: thanks for the unsigned -rep :D )

Last edited:

DeletedUser49358

Aren't numbers as we know them a human invention?
(Or God's idea put in their head but that's a whole other argument)

(P.S: thanks for the unsigned -rep :D )

The term 'numbers' is a human invention yes but what they represent is not a human invention, its the same as saying the universe is a human invention the idea yes but what the universe is was not created by humans.

Which I highly disagree with. Are we done here?

Also simply saying that someone is wrong and that you disagree with them doesn't make much for conversation, while doing those things is perfectly acceptable it usually suffices to give respect to the opinions of others and give them some consideration instead of ending a discussion with 'I'm right you're wrong'.

Last edited by a moderator:

Link of time

Phrourach
Your anology is irrelevant and frankly quite wrong. You seemed to have missed the point.
If God indeed exists, he is everywhere at once, and yet still in heaven. How do we define God as 1? Singular? Because he is the only God, all the other idols are false.
God is 3 in 1, (the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirtit) but is 1 at the same time.

DeletedUser33530

Your anology is irrelevant and frankly quite wrong. You seemed to have missed the point.
If God indeed exists, he is everywhere at once, and yet still in heaven. How do we define God as 1? Singular? Because he is the only God, all the other idols are false.
God is 3 in 1, (the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirtit) but is 1 at the same time.
To start for God to be everywhere at once he would have to be singular or it would not be him being everywhere.

The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are just the three ways in which God interacts with man. There different forms if you will. Sort of like how water can be a gas, a liquid, and a solid yet still be water. He is still one being.

DeletedUser33530

He is all 3 forms at one time.

Well some argue that in our current day and age God is only working through the Holy spirit "form" (i use form cause idk how to describe it). Frankly, I neither know nor particular care. Either way I'm going with what pebble said as my official answer.
I know he's one singular entity... Gah this is confusing
then what are we discussing lol?

DeletedUser8396

*facepalm*

He's one singular entity but yet 3 at the same time.

Ahem:

In the incarnation, the son (to be called Jesus) in his 100% God capacity became 100% human concurrently. These two aspects are incompatible due to God being non-human, but Jesus being human all the same. This means that he was effectively two persons in one - but still one singular entity. What does this mean though? I would wager that the two entities, the god and man, were both in unison in will that they are considered both two and one.

Much like the incarnation, the trinity is three distinct partitions all with one unifying will, thus we consider them as one.

I'd need further research to confirm this theory, but it's a shot.

Link of time

Phrourach
Ahem:

In the incarnation, the son (to be called Jesus) in his 100% God capacity became 100% human concurrently. These two aspects are incompatible due to God being non-human, but Jesus being human all the same. This means that he was effectively two persons in one - but still one singular entity. What does this mean though? I would wager that the two entities, the god and man, were both in unison in will that they are considered both two and one.

Much like the incarnation, the trinity is three distinct partitions all with one unifying will, thus we consider them as one.

I'd need further research to confirm this theory, but it's a shot.
I agree with everything except the bolded part.

DeletedUser33530

*facepalm*

He's one singular entity but yet 3 at the same time.

There different forms. Again kind of like how water can take three different forms and still be H2O.
Or you can attempt to understand what pebble said.

DeletedUser8396

Hebrews 13:8 ESV Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Malachi 3:6 ESV For I the Lord do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed.

DeletedUser

Which really only establishes it as truth as far as the authors of the book were concerned, and potentially as long as humans have had the ability to create gods in their minds.

If he predates our logic, there is no reason why he cannot change in that time, and again, confine himself by defining logic and numerical sense in the process. The "before" those exist is not relevant for the book or for the God in question to share to his potential followers.

DeletedUser8396

Which really only establishes it as truth as far as the authors of the book were concerned, and potentially as long as humans have had the ability to create gods in their minds.

If he predates our logic, there is no reason why he cannot change in that time, and again, confine himself by defining logic and numerical sense in the process. The "before" those exist is not relevant for the book or for the God in question to share to his potential followers.

If we're going to toss out long established Biblical truth, then we're already coming to my end conclusion...

DeletedUser

I'm not tossing it out. I am saying that it was true when it was written.
Things that predate humans are not relevant, as it would have no bearing on the instruction in the holy books.