Oops where did KMD go?

DeletedUser

I thought I should also put my 2 cents here.

I think saying GH is turning into MRA is ridiculous. They recruited bunch of KMD players and few 420s players in past. That does not make them MRA. 420s and KMD did started like MRA but over the time they did started selective recruiting. Moreover, Hugs did not recruited whole alliance but some good players from those alliances.

If you consider this as being MRA, RDLM and Fusion will also be considered MRA.

RDLM merged CJ (most of them were good players though) and also merged with few other rim alliances. Fusion also merged Bucking Frutal and Wraith.

I agree that recruitment standard is much lower in GH, but so is of any other elite alliances. So late in this world, if you want to survive, you have to recruit. And you have to lower your expectation because not many great players left in gamma.

And when everyone is doing it, blaming one alliance for that is just absurd. Didnt someone said that "Let who is without sin cast the first stone".

Yogesh

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Didnt someone said that "Let who is without sin cast the first stone".
Yogesh

Lol yes. That was Jesus Christ, son of the living God.

I personally feel like its relatively no change other than 'stats' its still the same players fighting the same people. GH has picked up some quality players from those that have disbanded (as have all the great alliances) and there is nothing wrong with that.

I wish GH the best of luck with their new players.

DeletedUser7213

I thought I should also put my 2 cents here.

I think saying GH is turning into MRA is ridiculous. They recruited bunch of KMD players and few 420s players in past. That does not make them MRA. 420s and KMD did started like MRA but over the time they did started selective recruiting. Moreover, Hugs did not recruited whole alliance but some good players from those alliances.

If you consider this as being MRA, RDLM and Fusion will also be considered MRA.

RDLM merged CJ (most of them were good players though) and also merged with few other rim alliances. Fusion also merged Bucking Frutal and Wraith.

I agree that recruitment standard is much lower in GH, but so is of any other elite alliances. So late in this world, if you want to survive, you have to recruit. And you have to lower your expectation because not many great players left in gamma.

And when everyone is doing it, blaming one alliance for that is just absurd. Didnt someone said that "Let who is without sin cast the first stone".

Yogesh

Agreed. Standards change with time to suit the needs of the alliance in the present moment. Such is life.

DeletedUser

I know the forums are mainly for poking the enemy, and just having some good fun, but everything needs a bit of sense to it, doesn't it?

I personally think calling KMD in its later days an MRA is absurd in my mind. Sure we were not all elite, but we did, and still do, have some kick *** players. At one point I do believe that KMD was an MRA. In the early days, after merging Deja Vu, Epsilon, Adrastos, and The Mother Tuckers, we had 250+ members. I personally was a bit upset, but never wanted to upset anyone by calling us an MRA. Eventually though, The Mother Tuckers split off, and took a good chunk out of dead weight out of our alliance. After some cutting of the rest of the dead weight, we ended up with the last 30-40 core members.

I posted this a long time ago, but couldn't word it any better.
As with many other alliances, you can make fun off your enemies, they can make fun of you, but they dont know what its like to be in the alliance(Unless theres a wolf in a sheeps skin ;)), and in the end you come out with good memories, friends, and (hopefully) some experience.

But after all, :pro: and it will never change.

I dont know any other alliance that has been around as long as we have, fighting 1 front against one of the best alliances in Gamma for almost 2 years. Another front with another very excellent alliance in Gamma on another front for almost 6 months now, and just recently, another front against one of the best alliances ever in Gamma, that were only 18 million points. Grepohugs is the only alliance I can think of with having 3 elite alliances on their borders, but than again, they were still about 4 times the size of KMD.

Have a nice day, evening, or morning. :)

DeletedUser3613

Well wheather its mass recruitment or wan spinning the KMD roulete wheel its certainly livened up gamma and the forums :)

DeletedUser6635

The majority of alliances that wish to survive end up absorbing smaller alliances, as no matter how good an alliance is it always needs an influx of fresh blood to help secure new oceans, expand there spheres of influence etc, i doubt all the KMD who went to the hugs will stay there as there will always be some that dont cut the mustard be it through lack of activity etc but what a merge like this does is give an alliance the opportunity to bring in the best players that they actually wanted, nurture some people who perhaps needed just a little push to go from being an average joe to a good player. By taking them all in rather than a few select it makes the transition slightly easier as the new people have there old friends around them so they wont feel isolated or alone.

DeletedUser

Right i got to page 3 and think, and i was bored of reading some of the most hypocritical comments ive seen on here...

How, and i mean HOW can any player of Fusion comment on our recent recruits when Fusion was born from Mass Recruiting a few Alliances into 1 all at the same time.

Mainly:

Orion's Elite
Nightmares of Esylum
Something Pirates

GH have never aimed to be number one on a point basis we play to fight and fight hard, also whos to say under good guidance these players we have recently recruited wont develop into greater players.

Klevito once said in the alliance threads that while GH has Great Players, Fusion has a great team...

So gone maybe our the days we Fight as a player an maybe now its an Era for team work for us..

Those who question GH obviously havent been playing the same game, maybe even inherited there accounts as GH is one of the oldest strongest alliance on this server..

So wind your necks back in as losing the top spot is obviously more important to you, than it is to us in getting it.

DeletedUser16429

Right i got to page 3 and think, and i was bored of reading some of the most hypocritical comments ive seen on here...

How, and i mean HOW can any player of Fusion comment on our recent recruits when Fusion was born from Mass Recruiting a few Alliances into 1 all at the same time.

Mainly:

Orion's Elite
Nightmares of Esylum
Something Pirates

GH have never aimed to be number one on a point basis we play to fight and fight hard, also whos to say under good guidance these players we have recently recruited wont develop into greater players.

Klevito once said in the alliance threads that while GH has Great Players, Fusion has a great team...

So gone maybe our the days we Fight as a player an maybe now its an Era for team work for us..

Those who question GH obviously havent been playing the same game, maybe even inherited there accounts as GH is one of the oldest strongest alliance on this server..

So wind your necks back in as losing the top spot is obviously more important to you, than it is to us in getting it.

Totally agree Dak who cares if we recruit it is the same as rdlm going to #1 from #4 in a day. They had over 200 members if I believe and they aren't a Mra so shut up sit down and play grepo instead of wasting your time trying to say GH is a Mra.

Have a good day,
Nick

DeletedUser

Firstly - well done GH for getting to no 1 again!:cool:

you deserve it.

I cant believe all this bull sh*t i am reading about MRA's.....

I agree with Yogesh (as always;))

GH are not an MRA unless they recruited everyone from KMD. they didnt.
not all of the 420's joined GH - some of us are with KB's. 420's split due to geographical reasons.

Sir Bruno - you spout your pompous tirade about GH being MRA - yet fusion under your leadership - took in all war path (while 420's were destroying them) then you took in the rest from TEA (again while we were kicking their ***!):supermad:
so please dont be high and mighty about mra status - you took in 2 defeated alliances - so you cant say it was selective recruitment!

cant we be happy for someones success for once?:heh:

it is good to see KMD coming out of VM though to join GH - I wish TMT would come out of hiding so I can get more BP! I am getting bored not having anyone to fight with!

:pro:

DeletedUser2140

I have nothing against GH taking in KMD it was a logical step as we knew they were already helping each other.

Stop freaking out over a name. LOL

nick1, the other alliance was pirates of penzance.

yogesh, loading up my ballista.

DeletedUser

alliancesAU.png

Further more for the fools who have commented without knowing the facts just take a look at our core... Yeah thats right we own the four core oceans and have done for a long time...

Not sure where Fusion are running too look at the over spill mess right into Ocean 93,94,95,96 might see you guys over there in about 2-3 years time... :)

Bruno:
nick1, the other alliance was pirates of penzance.

errm wasnt it Vigilant Pirates..?
www.grepostats.com/world/en3/alliance/4385

DeletedUser3613

recruit as much as you like huggs :) you will never have my treasure ......ARHHHHHHHHh

DeletedUser

MRA is a term that can best be associated with the glorious Royal Tigers, who had at one point 1000 members and didn't dominate a single ocean, back then. SUch an alliance and their way of running it became a stocking laugh.

So, in the pure meaning of MRA there is no alliance left in gamma which is an MRA. What's left in gamma are organized and well oiled alliances and the not-organized weak alliances.

But the word MRA is still used frequently in gamma. I don't think that those who still use it, mean it in it's original meaning. They rather use it to say: "I find it ridiculous that his or that alliance does this or that", hence the wording "You are an MRA"
Just like when some people use the word "noob" on an experienced player. It has nothing to do with how long he has played or his playing skill. It's one way of saying "you suck" = "you noob"

That's my general understanding of the "modern gamma" use of the word MRA.

Whether the KMD merge with grepohugs is a major scoop, a survival necessity or a bad move, that's something to debate on. But talking about member numbers and the quality of grepohugs, is quite far from the real point

DeletedUser

Sir Bruno - you spout your pompous tirade about GH being MRA - yet fusion under your leadership - took in all war path (while 420's were destroying them) then you took in the rest from TEA (again while we were kicking their ***!):supermad:
so please dont be high and mighty about mra status - you took in 2 defeated alliances - so you cant say it was selective recruitment!

1. TEA wasn't defeated when we merged but dissolved awhile after we had left.
2. Yes War Path may have disbanded when smack left and that was the reason why we left. Its not that 420s had much to do it cause it was mainly the bunnies that caused it to be disbanded.
3. That was way in the past so leave it there and we whooped your *** in the recent months aswell.
4. I do agree that GH wouldn't be called an MRA but you have to admit that their recruitment standards have dropped but thats not surprising seeing as they only have limited number of places to recruit or else they'll evenly fade due to players quitting, loss of cities etc. but they still have some fight left in them.

DeletedUser

I will be honest with you all, i will miss them a lot they just to be a nice bps, well wherever they go i wish they will be found again :cool:

DeletedUser5398

so am i to understand that unless you recruit only top 100, nay top 200 players you are a MRA?

if you recruit more than 1 player a day, or should it be per hour? then you are a MRA?

if an alliance and yours melds well together and feel that it is beneficial to both that you work under the same banner/forum=MRA?

i would like to see which alliance if any were able to continue to do well if they were not allowed to recruit anyone after week 4 of their existence.

everything i have read here is typical of the PF slander, whatever morale victory possible to make the 'enemy' feel that what they have done is inferior to what the other would have done in such a situation.

as most have said in this post, to deaf ears of course. suck it up and continue to fight the opposition regardless of how they became so.

if every alliance other than yours merged tomorrow, would your whining and trash talk make it any different as to who you would have to fight?

alright, that is my PBR rant for the month...

VB