Open Letter to Lindos

DeletedUser

The whole world pacted against us too late, beleive or not, that worked for their advantage, once started PGM was one of the best alliance ever made in the history of en server, but then later, everyone was too easy, so big beast went into a sleeping one.

If this was the case you'll have no problems cruising straight through WW. If an entire alliance goes on cruise control before the finish line, how can you call it the best?

DeletedUser20415

alliance isnt a care, alliance have players with motivations with real life, and when everyone around u is too easy everyone walks away, if u fail to see my point, your grepolis alliance experience is way too weak

DeletedUser14682

My experience is that alliance or set of alliances is a dynamic system with players out and In . It should be observed as a process in phases, of minimizing Big alliance to Top 40 trough long period of time and many tests for all of serving alliance actively.

DeletedUser15705

I always enjoy reading what Cyaphas has to say. He has a distinct, elaborate writing style and I like how he expresses his message when he writes.

the pen is mightier than the sword :), good read though +rep

EDIT: can't rep =(

DeletedUser

alliance isnt a care, alliance have players with motivations with real life, and when everyone around u is too easy everyone walks away, if u fail to see my point, your grepolis alliance experience is way too weak

My point here is that every alliance has players come and go, real life as always is priority #1. Finding a way to deal with this and promote activity is the challenge. Say what you want about my experience in alliances, I've been apart of an amazing team that dominated from server start to finish. If you cant push through to the finish, then the failure is from within, not to be blamed on others.

DeletedUser

If not for this game who know what kind of trouble I would be causing, rather be here having fun that tearing up the real world.

Something to think about.

DeletedUser40747

Cyaphas... can you please update the score ???? :p
(more heart attacks to follow )
PGM vs FE 7-20 or 7-30 plus ???:pro:

DeletedUser

The official score is 7 - 25.

As mentioned a majority were wrapped with the Lyle incident so it's a biased stat.

DeletedUser40747

Yes it is :( PG and PM are easy picking now ..But the Game is not over yet .still alot of time left .. :)

Happy huntings to all

DeletedUser

I've gone back and forth in my head about how best to make this next little chat, and I just kept coming back to this thread.

Once again, we have staked ourselves out into the world to encourage our new chapter with Lindos, and once again we have found a way to draw some rather irate attention.

Now, and I say this with every bit of respect to PGM, many players of this world have quit. Very specifically those in the eastern waters of PGM territory. We aren't finding quite the fight that we hoped for. That's not to say it has all stopped, they actually just caught us the other day and snagged a city- which btw Trocanitoreloaded and those who were on top of that cs, great job getting support into that. For a moment we thought we were going to make it then all of a sudden a bunch of support started showing up, haha. I digress

Between the new world opening and eating up playing time, and the lack of the big fight we were hoping for in the south, we had an odd turn of events. We were contacted by Srbija, who in withdrawing from their waters offered us a bunch of cities in o54. Now anyone who has paid attention will notice this lies directly against the northern coalition core and indeed the cities were on contested islands. A bit of discussion among the southern alliances and some decisive action, we decided to take the deal. We would move into the north, and venture into fighting what seems to be the more active PGM members, based on the mass amounts of fighting we have seen in the reports. And we were also planning on taking a run at Commandos as they control the area between our new cities and PGM.

Fast forward 46 hrs! (Those were some tired oars) Our cs started landing and cities started turning over.

Now I pause to acknowledge that there is a belief that we made this move only to cause trouble and pick a fight with the northern coalition. I've personally spent many conversations in the past with the northern groups and I considered them very fun people and while we had no diplomacy of any kind we had a mutual goal in fighting PGM and so it honestly was not our intent to fight them. There was of course always the chance that since they are pacted with Commandos that they might fight us if we attacked Commandos, but in the end any direct aggression would have to come from their side.

SO! As cities turned over the rumor-mill begins to work overtime. I was contacted within 24 hours about why we were there, and if we would be willing to trade our newly obtained cities in o54 for cities elsewhere. These talks lasted for a little while until we decided that unfortunately we weren't interested in being anywhere else. The location we had selected put us where we wanted to be both for expansion, and for that slightly neurotic tendency I have to keep my back from being too exposed.

Another sidenote- even while these conversations were going on about a deal to hand the cities off to the trio- we were getting rumors and contacts saying the internal word was "Final Exam can't be allowed to own cities in o54." I will of course be the first to admit this comes from hearsay, but it was not a comforting thought.

Lo and behold though, not more than 3 hours after we rejected the trio's offer to give them the cities- spy reports started kicking up. Within hours came the harbor checks, and within the first 24 hours we had already killed our first cs attempt. Now- one can argue that because of the rejection, their only recourse was to attack us (and mark us red). One can also say that organizing mass amounts of spies, followed up with harbor checks and routine attacks for the last 48 hours means they were ready for this fight. In the end though, we are just happy for the fun.

The north and the south have met and are fighting it out for the entertainment and enjoyment of you all. (I'm looking at you iCyber.)
We might try to run a scoreboard, might not, but honestly it's nice to see some new names on reports and while the trio hasn't been as chatty as I like people to be when playing, I've had more attacks these last few days then since Lindos started!

Bring on the popcorn everyone- 4 months till WW and the excitement is just beginning.
And to the fighters of Dark Judgement, Army of One, Wargasm, Commandos, National Spartan Agency and whomever else you guys are pacted with-

Your exam has just begun.
(Sorry, I had too.)

:pro:

Good hunting all!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So I'm sorry but I have to say this before the cs time because I won't get called bias either way- No matter what anyone thinks of any of our alliances this cs against Cando is going to be incredible!

Hats off for some brilliant timing by you guys and I hope we can match it with ours.

For those curious- (This is just the +/- 12 second sends by the trio)

Attacks
22:09:40
22:09:41
22:09:42
22:09:42
22:09:43
22:09:44
22:09:45
22:09:45
22:09:46
22:09:47
22:09:48
22:09:49
22:09:50
22:09:51- 123 LS

22:09:52- CS

Support
22:09:53 s
22:09:53 s
22:09:54 s
22:09:56 s
22:09:57 s
22:09:57 s
22:09:58 s
22:09:58 s
22:09:59 s
22:10:00 s
22:10:01 s
22:10:02 s

UPDATE: We managed to stop this one. But again, incredible work on timings by both sides.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Not that I don't love being trolled from the Grepo grave- But it was better than anything PGM ever put against us. :eek:

DeletedUser40747

Expecting a good war ;)
This is not an exam , but i guarantee you, that this will be Your Final exam nothing more or less
your Judgement begins :cool:
:pro:

DeletedUser20415

Not that I don't love being trolled from the Grepo grave- But it was better than anything PGM ever put against us. :eek:

if it was anything like the real PGM, it will be something like this:

5mkBT.png

5mkCX.png

5mkEk.png

5mkFx.png

5mkHu.jpg

5mkIg.png

5mkJz.png