P&P - TFP vs DoA

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser5270

I was actually saying how great DOA are except for one player. I repeat that, DOA are a good alliance. There is just one person here that is stirring things up and that is grom. Everything said about you has always just been a reaction to what you have said about our alliance and I will continue to react.

You are right. I do have the same qualities as Tibs and I am glad you have finally realised that. Both me and Tibs are strong. Neither me or Tibs have cowardly merged into DOA because we don't wimp out and then start bragging about how great we are to cover up our cowardly acts. We stand and fight. We stay with our alliance and don't merge it into another bigger alliance because we are loosing the battle. We face our problems and deal with them and don't give in to them and merge into them.

I say again, I admire DOA and what they have achieved as an alliance. It is just unfortunate that they have picked up one particular odious player.

GROM stay off the forum and then you won't get annoyed. If you don't write your unfounded rubbish then we will have no unfounded accusations to respond to. For the first time you are receiving as good as you get. Get used to it because I will not back off. You now know what it is like for everyone else you bad mouth and treat with disrespect.

DeletedUser

Imperica Why do keep bringing G.R.O.M into this,He has and still does react very nice to TFP and just states what he thinks about our leadership and how they are doing,GROM himeself is a good if not great player who is making a name for himself...He's said he respects H17 and Not tibs,in my eyes that is not surprising has tibs has insulted his personal life which has NOTHING to with this game. If you ask me he the opposite of odious,he has taken TFP city's in a VERY respectful way and you should show him respect for that.

DeletedUser5270

grom has made it his personal mission to bad mouth TFP and has denounced us as cowardly. He forgets he already lost the moment he joined DOA.

I not question his Grepo ability. I simply argue against his attempts to bad mouth this alliance and will continue to.

DeletedUser

I understand and agree with a lot of what you say about GROM,we are certianly not cowardly for taking on alliance bigger than us with a training alliance that was nearly as big as us ...but shouldn't this thread be more about the physical war TFPvsDoA than verbal war TFPvsGROM?

DeletedUser

Been a bit since I felt the need to add anything to this thread, mostly because it lacked the need for any particular comments of importance that I might have. I've also been very busy and had to go into a mini-sabatical for over a month while finishing up my degree. That's done now so I have time to make a few comments that need making as well as attend to other matters that need handling.

I hope everyone had a merry Christmas and please everyone have a safe and happy New Year!

1. I'm seriously tired of reading about who merged into who and why. Is it truly even relevent months after the fact? We are DOA and that is who you should be concerned with. We are not an algebraic equation the likes of (Royal Army) * (bits of about 10 other alliances we eradicated) * (Pergamum) * (Rainmaker) / The tedious regrets of TFP not getting another merge acceptance = DOA It "DOES NOT" work like that. We are Disciples of Ares. End of stroy. The history and pride of those players who were part of other things is welcome and accepted, but you need not worry about anything but who your enemy is. If it has become unclear who that is, it is

Disciples of Ares

2. I'm Aware of G.R.O.M's tendency to elicit venomous responses from his advesaries. I will say that G.R.O.M has never stepped over what I would consider moral guidelines. He does not make direct, personal, out of game comments about anyone and attempts to stick to PNP in game issues. That's all I ask. He also backs up his comments with in game abilities that are borderline superb. He has been become a valued resource and valued member of DOA. If you dont' want to argue with him, don't respond. It's that simple.

3. I see comments here or there about who is doing what or winning or losing. There will one day be a winner or loser, but it will take time. ocean 67/76 has excelled for many reasons, but mostly because they are good together. They are coordinated and they were already in very close proximity to the enemy. The ability to REACH the enemy is important and here it has shown why.

I suspect when 64/65 finish moving into position to reach cities they will also increase the pressure. 64/65 is also the main area of TFP's big guns. Tegi, Impericca HTS Gavin etc. Those are all good and respected players and they will have some success. I wouldn't expect otherwise. We'll see how well things go as we move closer to the 75 -76 borders.

It is no secret I like facts and I do not like to say this side or that side is winning or losing. What I LIKE is to look at the results in front of me. Here are the facts in regard to TFP and DOA , and I have not had time to look at IOA, BlacK, the Huns or whoever else so dont' start that nonsense again. These are simply the numbers as I have them in front of me as I was doing some assesments for my own reasons.

In descending order cities taken from TFP

Previous TFP owner New DOA owner

1Sandy19 JRAU91
2 Aquinorius Dawgski
3 Aquinorius Heartek
4 Imperica ragbrairat
5 Sandy19 bastochia
6 Sandy19 mikerich13
7 Niteridr birdeyman
8 Chineseallum andyhill99
9 Pwlr Heartek
10 Bushnell peasant boy
11 Wacko202 wicked anti
12 Tegi robertjr
13 Bushnell dawgski
14 Tegi ringo6662003
15 Dogukankurt robertjr
16 Pwlr heartek
17 Angryandy max3540
18 Angryandy ringo6662003
19 Angryandy robertjr
20 Bushnell helina
21 Spartikis heartek
22 Spartikis umdupas2
23 Rockwizard amecurty
24 Rockwizard andyhill99
25 Rockwizard andyhill99
26 Spartkis umdupas2
27 Phoenix007 black claymore
28 Jewfisch witheredson
29 Jewfisch buggym
30 arkdell podem
31 Carden sibaz
32 Sharkdell podem
33 Njaed Peasant Boy
34 S t. Frank Heartek
35 St. Frank Heartek
36 Phoenix007 kristoplolous
37 Sharkdell max3540
38 Njaed danx
39 Bushnell dhrama
40 Phoenixfire andyhill99
41 Carden G.R.O.M
42 Umferg44 umdupas2
43 Niterdr Buggym
44 Bushnell steeldragon
45 Hal I tosis james chewbucka
46 St. Frank G.R.O.M
47 Niterdr andyhill99
48 Carden birdeyman
49 Carden heartek
50 Niterdr Helina
51 Carden G.R.O.M
52 St. Frank Junkflower
53 Bushnell balourbrox
54 Bushnell Dawgski
55 Mardoz Podem
56 Hounddog32 sica424
57 Mardoz ringo6662003
58 Mardoz robertjr
59 Niterder umdupas2

DOA cities lost to TFP

DOA TFP
1. Kaingarro Cstrom
2. Podem Headlesszebra
3. Podem sittingdingo
4 Sica424 HTS Gavin
5 Kadesh h17waii
6 Lord Colon Tegi
7 Amir Shinigami HTS GAvin
8 Amir Shinigami Tegi
9 Podem Headlesszebra
10 gavvie Dorado
11 Node Cstrom
12 rev087 Phoenix2112
13 rev087 Pwlr

I'm no math genius but this seems pretty clear...

fortyfour

DeletedUser

Now, I only post here really to get more comedy gold from GROM (GROM, your bravery sermon had me in tears of laugher, thank you so much!), but allow me to be serious for a second

I suspect when 64/65 finish moving into position to reach cities they will also increase the pressure. 64/65 is also the main area of TFP's big guns. Tegi, Impericca HTS Gavin etc. Those are all good and respected players and they will have some success.

fortyfour

Well, that was more than I expected. We started this out numbered more than 4:1 in O64 and that is discounting the intervention of Asylum, Ionian Revolt and The Hun players. I fully expected to be run over by a steam roller.

Quite how it is that you now need to 'move into position' two months down the line is a bit lost on me TBH. You shared at least 1/2 islands with me, how much more into position can you get? Just as well for you guys this isn't a war game or you would have lost hands down in my little pond.

Here are the facts in regard to TFP and DOA , and I have not had time to look at IOA, BlacK, the Huns or whoever else so dont' start that nonsense again

Mate, I'd remove that from your post before anyone sees it. As GROM has clearly stated 'not having time' makes you a BAD grepolis player. I can't see too many people in the fine alliance that DoA is putting up with a bad player as there leader, can you? I'd hate to see you loose everything on this small confession.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the warning Tegi, but I'm long past having to validate anything in regards to my ability as a leader. I'm secure in that respect regardless of how much time I do or do not have at any particular moment. I'll let TFP's leaders or one of the other alliances mentioned do their own figures. I'm sure they are capable enough.

In reference to your comment about a steam roller. You were the ones who had the time to prepare before you declared war. As I have stated, I was not dead set on a war with TFP as an inevitable event. TFP is the one who had months to prepare for a war in advance. We are reacting to that by moving into position. If I'm not mistaken Tegi you have taken 2 towns and lost 2? Not exactly a blitzkrieg.

DeletedUser

IoA gained 5 towns
TFP gained 15 towns
(I did have it nicely typed till a power surge rebooted the pc)

DeletedUser

Thank you Badnight. I figured you already had the information at your fingertips. Yea nothing worse than having something all typed up and then losing it. I have a tendency to respond to forum posts before having logged in and then when I try to post it it makes me log in and then everything goes bad. I now copy all my posts before even hitting the submit button. You can never get a good post recreated once it is lost. I'm sure of it!

so

TFP 28 DOA/IOA 64

we are also fighting 2 other major conflicts and have been before the TFP war started. It's not perfect but its a start.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the warning Tegi, but I'm long past having to validate anything in regards to my ability as a leader. I'm secure in that respect regardless of how much time I do or do not have at any particular moment. I'll let TFP's leaders or one of the other alliances mentioned do their own figures. I'm sure they are capable enough.

It's not me doing the questioning mate. The measure has been established by you guys, not me. I fully understand time being a major factor in this game.

In reference to your comment about a steam roller. You were the ones who had the time to prepare before you declared war. As I have stated, I was not dead set on a war with TFP as an inevitable event. TFP is the one who had months to prepare for a war in advance. We are reacting to that by moving into position. If I'm not mistaken Tegi you have taken 2 towns and lost 2? Not exactly a blitzkrieg.

Well, you guys had a funny way of 'not being dead set on war' I do rather recall being under sustaned attack for a couple of weeks before hand from DoA. I wasn't much interested in this war, but given the repeated messages from your members about my fate being 'sealed', it made little difference to me.

Sadly, blitzkrieg isn't possible in this game, something DoA should be glad of to say the least lol.

DeletedUser

good to know that there are people who can understand what they read.
Imperica I do bad mouth TFP but your alliance gave me a lot of reasons to however you keep missing the point. It has been explained 100 times already and it looks that everyone got it except you...
The same thing about me or pergs escping to other alliance and "losing" - you just dont read at all what people post (not only me) or again cant understand a thing.

We are making circles here, even though I did my best to explain and answer to all your arguments in a polite and logic fashion. You dont argue with things I said but by insulting me. Now I can ignore you or .... nah you are not worth it I will just ignore you.

@tegi - thanks to your few posts I have no more doubts about you. "BAD players who has no time" - as probably 99% of people know not having time for analysing every single stats sheet is not essential for this game, especially for players with important organisational functions. Want to use some other posts made by me? try harder, or cant you?

@HTS Gavin
the timing thing...I still have to see player who can time all his waves to the second without using any external script/bot. I have one of the fastest internet connections and can download/upload things extremely fast from german servers but cant do what you said.
It cant be a lag, becasue sometimes the timer is moved back, so my waves are not few seconds late but seconds before. It happens to everyone no matter where they live. We tried many tactics and techniques and at best we can narrow it to -5 +5 seconds. This leads me to some doubts....when I failed attacking aquins my last clearing wave was 2 seconds before the CS but he managed to put his BMs after that and before the CS. I thought, skill and luck and tried again. In my last attack i had my last clearing wave 1 second before the CS. He again managed to put some Biremes after that and before the CS. Again luck? We tested it with recalling waves, sending and cancelling the trip and you know how hard is to get 1 sec before? Not mentioning miliseconds after clearing wave and before the CS?! I need 20+ waves to get in this lottery 1 or 2 really close to the CS, how can he do it with hundreds of BMs?
I know what you will say - skill. Miliseconds skill, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

GROM,

Mate, you truely are the gift that keeps giving.

Thank you so much.

DeletedUser

GROM are you seriously implying that one of our members is using an "external script/bot" while defending against your attacks?

Up until reading your post I wasn't even aware that such a thing existed but thats not a surprise I don't know much about computers and programming etc... :) But I would assume that use of any such material would be against some sort of rule in this game as it would add an unfair advantage.

So if I am correct in my assumption you are practically saying that one of our members who has been under constant attacks since the beginning is "cheating". And you base this on the face that he has been able to thwart some of your CS attempts.

I just want you to clear this up for me. Are you so big-headed that you see the only way one person surviving against you is possible by cheating or using external software (if its not considered cheating)?

I've had some attacks in the past which were 1 second before my CS and the enemy managed to squeeze their defences back in and never have I thought he must be doing something dodgy. I just said fair play and congratulated them on their timing. Maybe I'm naive but I highly doubt that.

It doesn't hurt to give credit where its due sometimes instead of trying to cover up your losses by accusations.

Doug

DeletedUser

im not saying that he must be cheating - all i wanted to say is that its really hard for me to believe that anyone can do it manually.

Lets start from facts:
Sigismund - http://forum.grepolis.net/showthread.php?t=10134
"A continuosly running attack arrival timer " - grepo forum
Such precision is not possible in this game in any case, owing to time randomization factor that is built in to any troop movement. This can add or subtract up to 30 seconds at the time you click the attack button.

http://forum.grepolis.net/showthread.php?t=6507
"Announcement This is not a bug!" - grepo forum
- My attacks are supposed to land at a specific time according to the attack popup, but when I check in the village overview, it lands at a slightly different time
- On the attack popup, you get the approximate arrival time, hence the ~ in front of the time. This is intentional, do a search for Anti-Timing Rule.

(so HTS Gavin what you say is bull)

How can you do that with only 1 wave? How can you then time it to miliseconds?

I have never accused any of my opponents of cheating but in this case I cant find any logic explanation, becasue according to me its impossible to time a wave so perfectly. Yes when I send 20+ waves I will get 1 or 2 lucky shots but we are speaking about 1 wave of 140 BMs less than a second before my CS. During a minute before the CS, I sunk 140 BMs in total, so they didnt send many 100+BM waves hoping that 1 will be just in time. It was only 1 wave, less than a second before my CS and miliseconds after my clearing wave. As i mentioned before similar thing happened (that time my last clearing wave was 2 secs before).

Ive sent 1000s of attack waves, I play with good players who have much experience attacking, they are from different countries with different internet conections but I have never heard about someone who can catch a CS in less than a second. Because it happened many times to you doesnt mean its something normal. i really would like to hear opinions from other players saying if its possible.

Please try by yourself and tell me if its easy but remember that he did that with only 1 wave not 100....As far as my experience goes I dont think anyone can sneak BMs in miliseconds gap with only 1 shot.

PS many of my CS attempts were failures during this war, and wars before. Many player managed to dodge my attacks and catch my CS etc This game is so overbalanced in favour of defense that its nothing I or anyone should be ashame of. I dont care how many times my enemy will hide and how many battles he will dodge. It doesnt matter, becasue I will come back next day, and then will be coming back everyday. I dont need to "cover up my lossses" - there are almost no losses here, except time.

DeletedUser

This game is so overbalanced in favour of defense that its nothing I or anyone should be ashame of. I dont care how many times my enemy will hide and how many battles he will dodge. It doesnt matter, becasue I will come back next day, and then will be coming back everyday. I dont need to "cover up my lossses" - there are almost no losses here, except time.

If there are no losses except time, it's a bit hard to see how it's 'overbalanced' in favour of defence. After all, you can just come back time and again.....

DeletedUser

I timed my LS attack once on a CS exactly at same time as CS. Because my attack was launched after CS attack, it was processed after it as well and I killed CS. Yes, I got that precision only once but I did got that with only one attack.

DeletedUser5270

GROM I have a logical explanation. HE IS BETTER THAN YOU.

DeletedUser

imperica you come here only to troll on me, its boring and childish. If only you were able to understand anything... Im surprised you know how to log into the game.
I suggest checking in dictonary "randomization factor" or "random" etc before comparing clicking "skills"...

at kung-fu - you made it ONCE. Im speaking about a guy who does it on everyday basis. As i said first I thought it was luck but later it started to be more suspicious when it happened again to me and to my teammates.
Nevermind, we will get them one way or another, already have 2 ideas how to cope with that and he can dodge as much as he wants.

DeletedUser

Hello all Delta members...

just to say..if you guys can not agree about things..thats ok..but please stop b-t-hing at each other, this is a game..

at some time in the near future I expect to be fully involved in this "war"

I will probably loose cities, but maybe take some at the same time????

and you know what, I do not care..even if I get set back to 0 cities..it is only a game

and G.R.O.M. it is not always the attacked player who lands support in time..consider the fact that many players offer support..and we can get it in on time

I personally sent support to players and it some times lands a little early, but at times it arrives just right..

eg..I sent support to a player (no names) who was under constant attack, and I got lucky..it landed just right..this player at the time had no incoming cs, but asked for help..I got lucky, and it helped..

I have also lost countless pop. by my support arriving a little early

the pure randomness of this game can and will drive you crazy..

but it is just part of it..

any way I hope you and your alliance will take this in to consideration

Status
Not open for further replies.