Peacetime Screw-up

DeletedUser

Okay so I am a little mad right now because I thought I understood exactly what the deal was but something has happened that all my sense says is wrong.

I had been working for three days on this conquest. And today I was finally ready. The town is in revolt. I read that you can't send a CS in the 24 hours leading up to peacetime so I make sure I can send my CS with plenty of time to spare. I was sent about nine hours before 18:00 Dec 23rd server time for and eleven hour journey. I think I am fine. But to my surprise and disgust I get a notification that my CS is "visiting" the town during peacetime. ...22 hours before peacetime starts. The most vexing part is my clearing attacks landed just fine. But literally seconds later all of a sudden it's "peacetime." This has got to be a screw-up.

badpeace1-1.png

This is when I started revolt. You can see it was at 8:19 today server time. I sent my CS to land almost precisely twelve hours later.

badpeace2-2.png

This was my LS clearing attack. It landed appx 10-15 seconds before my CS. As you can see this attack landed just fine

I spent at least 500 gold on this conquest and I want it refunded

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yes i was just about to post about this. My regular attacks are now just "visiting during peacetime". There is definitely a problem with these times for holiday peacetime.:heh:

DeletedUser4013

Okay so I am a little mad right now because I thought I understood exactly what the deal was but something has happened that all my sense says is wrong.

I had been working for three days on this conquest. And today I was finally ready. The town is in revolt. I read that you can't send a CS in the 24 hours leading up to peacetime so I make sure I can send my CS with plenty of time to spare. I was sent about nine hours before 18:00 Dec 23rd server time for and eleven hour journey. I think I am fine. But to my surprise and disgust I get a notification that my CS is "visiting" the town during peacetime. ...22 hours before peacetime starts. The most vexing part is my clearing attacks landed just fine. But literally seconds later all of a sudden it's "peacetime." This has got to be a screw-up.

This is when I started revolt. You can see it was at 8:19 today server time. I sent my CS to land almost precisely twelve hours later.

This was my LS clearing attack. It landed appx 10-15 seconds before my CS. As you can see this attack landed just fine

The Holiday Peace officially begins tomorrow at 18.00 GMT+1, however CS cannot be sent or land in the 24 hours prior to the peace beginning. So from 18.00 GMT+1 today (23rd): Any CS arriving will just be visiting and having tea and cake.

DeletedUser18132

WHy tea?? I hate tea!!! Milk and cookies would be more appropriate for Christmas.

DeletedUser

The Holiday Peace officially begins tomorrow at 18.00 GMT+1, however CS cannot be sent or land in the 24 hours prior to the peace beginning. So from 18.00 GMT+1 today (23rd): Any CS arriving will just be visiting and having tea and cake.

From the peacetime announcement page:

"Peace time rules:
24h before the peace time, it will not be possible to send a colony ship (both new and old conquest systems);
During peace time, attacks only visit the towns and attacks are not possible;"

it will not be possible to send a colony ship

It says NOTHING about landing

DeletedUser18271

Hello players and forum goers,

Though playing Grepolis with your alliance and friends is a lot of fun, we think it is very important to give our players a small break for the Holidays and new year. The peace time dates will be the following:

Holiday peace time:
December 24th 2011 at 18:00 until December 26th 2011 at 23:00;

New year peace time:
December 31 2011 at 12:00 until January 1st 2012 at 18:00

All times are in GMT + 1, server time.

Peace time rules:
24h before the peace time, it will not be possible to send a colony ship (both new and old conquest systems);
During peace time, attacks only visit the towns and attacks are not possible;
All interactions with the world wonders are blocked:
Resources: players can send resources but if peace time is active upon the resource arrival time , they are given back to the origin town instead of being added to the wonder. This is similar to attacks
Expansion: Expanding a wonder during peace time is not allowed(WW lvl1 >WW lvl 2).

We wish you happy holidays and a happy new year!

Sincerely,

The Grepolis Team

Nowhere in here does it say a cs can't land in the 24 hours before. way to go geniuses, you just ruined many peoples Christmas spirit.
;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4013

I realize that, and I have made a subsequent post to that effect.

DeletedUser

Now you tell me >>

I realize that, and I have made a subsequent post to that effect.

Well that sure would have been nice to know BEFORE! A little late don't you think. I still want my gold refunded.

DeletedUser4013

And how do you propse that we should have known about this beforehand? This part of the peace was not set to start until 18.00 GMT+1. Many of the game terms are used interchangeably and so Launching a CS and Landing a CS could be used either way. It's not too hard to believe that in the translation from German to English this was interpreted the wrong way.

DeletedUser

And how do you propse that we should have known about this beforehand? This part of the peace was not set to start until 18.00 GMT+1. Many of the game terms are used interchangeably and so Launching a CS and Landing a CS could be used either way. It's not too hard to believe that in the translation from German to English this was interpreted the wrong way.

Um... lol yeah you're right "launching" and "landing" basically mean the same thing. Silly me. :rolleyes:

So it's MY fault that it was possibly translated wrong? I spent a lot of gold rushing troops so that I could be ready for this conquest before peacetime started as stated in the official announcement. Now it turns out it was all pointless because peacetime doesn't work as it was explained to me and instead of taking the city my colony ship bounced and my troops are returning home tummies full of cookies and my target has nearly 3 days to rebuild everything I worked so hard to get rid of! So basically what I would have had to do was send my CS 35 hours before peacetime officially starts in order to be successful. That's ridiculous.

DeletedUser

Have to agree with those complaining. The post was very misleadingly phrased, and on top of that having to land 24hrs before peacetime is a daft length of time. Not happy with my returned CS...

DeletedUser4013

Saturn22, please read my post carefully. The translation error was clearly not on your end. The new features are communicated to us after they have been sent out for translation from an external company. It was likely there that the translation error could have occurred.

DeletedUser

I sent my CS out 24hrs before it landed. Rather annoying but I understand the reasons why.

34j3czt.jpg

Although we should be allowed to take ghost towns.

DeletedUser

Saturn22, please read my post carefully. The translation error was clearly not on your end. The new features are communicated to us after they have been sent out for translation from an external company. It was likely there that the translation error could have occurred.

Okay maybe that is what happened. Who knows. Point is, I didn't make the mistake. Grepolis is a product and I am a consumer. I spent money on the product based on inaccurate and misleading information that was presented to me. So all I want is my money back. Which still doesn't get me back the time i spent farming for no reason or the sleep I lost staying up to send a CS to go have a picnic but I am willing to let that go.

DeletedUser

Okay maybe that is what happened. Who knows. Point is, I didn't make the mistake. Grepolis is a product and I am a consumer. I spent money on the product based on inaccurate and misleading information that was presented to me. So all I want is my money back. Which still doesn't get me back the time i spent farming for no reason or the sleep I lost staying up to send a CS to go have a picnic but I am willing to let that go.

Let me know IF you get money back (you will not I bet)
because captain trading times do not work on Byzantium, and I have been told basically..tough luck on that, we will fix a bug..which as a customer i find not a nice way to be treated, and like many customer I am considering where to spend my money in the future

DeletedUser

Let me know IF you get money back (you will not I bet)
because captain trading times do not work on Byzantium, and I have been told basically..tough luck on that, we will fix a bug..which as a customer i find not a nice way to be treated, and like many customer I am considering where to spend my money in the future

Yeah. Exactly. So much for German product quality huh.

DeletedUser17088

Anyone who played Grepolis last year would remember the exact same thing happening. It was due to the external translation company making an incorrect interpretation

the announcement was practically identical....its not really anyone heres fault (Gordopolis or any mod/manager) nor is it the people who launched the cs....its not even Innogames fault (sorry but you cant blame them this time :D )

DeletedUser

Anyone who played Grepolis last year would remember the exact same thing happening. It was due to the external translation company making an incorrect interpretation

the announcement was practically identical....its not really anyone heres fault (Gordopolis or any mod/manager) nor is it the people who launched the cs....its not even Innogames fault (sorry but you cant blame them this time :D )

so no body at Inno games does a check 1st, to make sure it is as they intended?

Is this why so many bugs, because the just out source every thing and just assume it does what they asked for?

Have they never heard of quality control?

DeletedUser18132

Is it Google Translate's fault then?