Peacetime Screw-up

DeletedUser17088

so no body at Inno games does a check 1st, to make sure it is as they intended?

Is this why so many bugs, because the just out source every thing and just assume it does what they asked for?

Have they never heard of quality control?

Yeh fair enough

Heck yes I can! It's their responsibility to get accurate product information to the consumer. If the translation company they hired screwed up that's still their responsibility!

Yeh ok I was just offering you some sort of explanation :)

Is it Google Translate's fault then?

Rofl

DeletedUser4013

You know what, this isn't even a bug, and as such it's getting moved to OT.

DeletedUser

if it was almost the same announcement as last years one, and if that caused confusion, why was it allowed to be announced, and it was there for about a week, did nobody say..hold on that is not very clear in English, seeing as English is the official language used in Grepolis?

DeletedUser

You can, and should, blame InnoGames for this in my opinion. I am not sure who is to blame exactly but it is their responsibility to clarify these situation. They are the ones that did not check if the information posted was complete.

However, as a customer who bought premium, you accepted the Terms and Conditions. And if you re-read those, especially
7.12 InnoGames reserves the right to stop the games' operation or parts thereof as well as any payment offers or payment functions without giving reasons, to offer Premium Services, to change existing Premium Services and/or to change these into free services and/or to no longer offer certain Premium Services. In this case, InnoGames undertakes to grant the User the opportunity to apply and use Premium Points as well as items purchased against payment within a period of three months after their purchase. In addition, InnoGames reserves the right to offer the User the Premium Points as well as items purchased against payment into credit which can be used, for example, in another game. Further claims on the part of the User are excluded.
You will see that you have no right on a refund.

DeletedUser

You know what, this isn't even a bug, and as such it's getting moved to OT.

Oh I think a bug is the closest category it comes to. If only there was a "Carelessness by a Company that Isn't Held Accountable for its mistakes and Moreover Makes Money Off Them" section.

DeletedUser

You can, and should, blame InnoGames for this in my opinion. I am not sure who is to blame exactly but it is their responsibility to clarify these situation. They are the ones that did not check if the information posted was complete.

However, as a customer who bought premium, you accepted the Terms and Conditions. And if you re-read those, especially
7.12 InnoGames reserves the right to stop the games' operation or parts thereof as well as any payment offers or payment functions without giving reasons, to offer Premium Services, to change existing Premium Services and/or to change these into free services and/or to no longer offer certain Premium Services. In this case, InnoGames undertakes to grant the User the opportunity to apply and use Premium Points as well as items purchased against payment within a period of three months after their purchase. In addition, InnoGames reserves the right to offer the User the Premium Points as well as items purchased against payment into credit which can be used, for example, in another game. Further claims on the part of the User are excluded.
You will see that you have no right on a refund.

I don't see which part of that says they aren't responsible for their own mistakes..

DeletedUser4013

At this point we admitted that there was an issue with the announcement, and we have made the change. I'm sorry that it wasn't soon enough for your timetables, but at this point you should get over it. It was a mistake, it has been corrected. With all of the other issues going on with the game, this is the least of our concerns right now. If anything, you brought this to our attention so we could correct this.

DeletedUser

I don't see which part of that says they aren't responsible for their own mistakes..

I agree, you acted on incorrect information,

its like you see an advert for orange juice, you buy it and it is apple juice, and they say sorry, translation company`s fault, though luck

DeletedUser

They are, however, you have no right on a refund. end of.
Like Tyrion has said, better stop moaning. It will not rewind time so you will gain nothing.
I'm just telling the blatant truth, it may seem harsh but there's not you can change about it.

Sorry, on the bright side, it's almost Christmas. Happy Holidays :D

DeletedUser

At this point we admitted that there was an issue with the announcement, and we have made the change. I'm sorry that it wasn't soon enough for your timetables, but at this point you should get over it. It was a mistake, it has been corrected. With all of the other issues going on with the game, this is the least of our concerns right now. If anything, you brought this to our attention so we could correct this.

Im sorry..what? seeing as you moved this from "bugs" to here, are you saying that people do not have the right to continue to talk and debate the subject?

DeletedUser

"Not soon enough for my timetables"??? That's like the weather man telling me its going to rain yesterday! ...after he had been promising for weeks that it would be sunny.

DeletedUser

Im sorry..what? seeing as you moved this from "bugs" to here, are you saying that people do not have the right to continue to talk and debate the subject?

Umm..Obviously you aren't fimilar with the categories??

Bugs belong in bugs..Complaints do not..This is NOT a bug; therefore, Tyrion moved it to Off-Topic for those of you that feel the need to discuss this issue even though the change has been made are free to do so.

~ Lane

DeletedUser

Exactly lane, they are fighting a lost cause as I have stated before, but whattayagonnado.
Moaners gonna moan.
:cool:

DeletedUser

Screw all of you I am getting my money back that's all there is to it. Someone has to pay for this mistake and it sure as heck isn't going to be me.

DeletedUser

No, he is just saying that it isn't a bug... :rolleyes:
he didn't lock it, we are still debating about it.

As for you Saturn, it was a mistake, they admitted it was a mistake, they corrected that mistake but if you had read the T&Cs as Skully did then you can see that they have the right to not refund you.

As has been said before, nothing you are going to do is going to get your money back. Going by your logic, if i buy 2 weeks premium and they update the servers and it is down for an hour or so i am owed an hour or so's premium.

Don't take it out on Tyrion, how was he to know that this would happen? ANd he can't exactly get you your money back :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Screw all of you I am getting my money back that's all there is to it. Someone has to pay for this mistake and it sure as heck isn't going to be me.

I'd like to wish you good luck with that because I highly doubt you will get any money back at all. At the end of the day it was a mistake and it's Christmas, isn't it a time for forgiveness ? Tyrion didn't do anything wrong and it was nobody on the forums fault, so don't take your anger out here.

DeletedUser

I don't really understand where this comment has gotten you, although if that's how you feel by all means go ahead.

Tyrion has apologized for the mix-up yet we're still going to continue to argue about the fact that you want your gold back. When using premium or using the game in general you agreed that refunds wouldn't be allowed. There isn't a whole lot you can do about this; however, if you think you can by all means send in an in-game support ticket.

~ Lane

DeletedUser

I don't really understand where this comment has gotten you, although if that's how you feel by all means go ahead.

Tyrion has apologized for the mix-up yet we're still going to continue to argue about the fact that you want your gold back. When using premium or using the game in general you agreed that refunds wouldn't be allowed. There isn't a whole lot you can do about this; however, if you think you can by all means send in an in-game support ticket.

~ Lane
I think saturn22 point is this..he used alot of gold to be in a position to take a city of a player, this was based on "inaccurate" or in the least confusing information supplied by Grepolis/Inno games, as already admitted to by the mods, I do not think he wants real money back, but his gold, and we all know Inno games can credit you with gold, in hero world beta, each account has 500 gold, you can be credited with gold by inviting players and they reach 1k points..

at some point Inno games have to start accepting the fact that people pay to play, and that their mistakes are accountable

I for instance use premium, yet my captain trading times were not halved but increased in the last upgrade, 2 weeks of this bug/mess up, yet they still say no gold refunds,

in any other business such a lack of customer care would not be tolerated, yet here we are told to put up with it..

people/customers will walk away, I know that when my premium runs out, I will send a ticket asking if I pay more money, will I get the full service, and if they say no, bug still not fixed, I will take my money else where

DeletedUser

If he was a good grepo player he should be able to retake the city no problem in a few days.

DeletedUser

~ Lane

Here's the problem. Tyrion has NOT apologized for the screwup. The 'translated' peacetime message was very clear. You cannot SEND a CS 24 hrs prior to peacetime.
SEND is completely different than LAND.

I wasn't playing last year but the fact that this is a repeat screwup on the part of Grepolis staff absolutely floors me. I was fortunate enough to land my CS prior to 1800 but had planned on SENDing my CS just prior to 1800; I moved up my land time.

Bottom line: Grepolis staff should have written a full blown apology for this. To shirk responsibility by stating that it's 'confusion' is very weasely.
Everyone makes mistakes. A man owns up to his mistakes.