Petition to Ban Attack Alarm

DeletedUser

So, make it a weekly premium buff rather than free.

incidently, Fair and "gives a person an advantage" don't co-exist

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser39031

I'd much rather have it a premium only thing.

Right now I'm hitting this guy when he's meant to be offline and there's no troops but plenty of militia. No matter how much planning etc. goes into the attacks the defender still knows about the attacks and moves all his troops. Wouldn't complain if he was actually online but this is annoying.

Should be 100 gold a week if anything, maybe add a new advisor.

DeletedUser37948

I'd much rather have it a premium only thing.

Right now I'm hitting this guy when he's meant to be offline and there's no troops but plenty of militia. No matter how much planning etc. goes into the attacks the defender still knows about the attacks and moves all his troops. Wouldn't complain if he was actually online but this is annoying.

Should be 100 gold a week if anything, maybe add a new advisor.

mate that sounds like a more illicit form of feature he is using if you get what I meen maybe you should report him just in case

where theres smoke there fire ;)

DeletedUser

If I may offer an opinion?

I don't think the alarm app is a bad thing. The reasons why have already been stated. Using warning systems also have a historical reality. After all, the Romans used geese around their perimeter to alarm them if anything was approaching. If you can't "sneak up" on your opponent now, then establish a city closer to them.

DeletedUser

giving a game changing advantage to a low percentage of users without making them contribute gold for it is wrong.

DeletedUser44027

If I may offer an opinion?

I don't think the alarm app is a bad thing. The reasons why have already been stated. Using warning systems also have a historical reality. After all, the Romans used geese around their perimeter to alarm them if anything was approaching. If you can't "sneak up" on your opponent now, then establish a city closer to them.

We aren't trying to copy the Romans. And obviously, this isn't set in Ancient Rome. But besides that, attacking at night is an old and respected strategy in Grepolis. You find your opponents hours, and then you use that to take advantage of them.

DeletedUser

giving a game changing advantage to a low percentage of users without making them contribute gold for it is wrong.

Either you have no idea what's going on around the world, or you try to twist facts to prove your point. This is not giving advantage to a low percentage of users.

Android and iOS based phone takes up almost 90% of world's mobile phone market. If 90% is low percentage of users, then I'm not sure how much will you consider to be a high percentage. Unless it's proven that most grepo players falls into the 10%, this app is available to most grepo players.

DeletedUser5819

I am saying this flippantly, but I mean it seriously.
Most people update their phone annually or near enough.

If your phone doesn't have the app you want then getta betta phone!

DeletedUser23986

Either you have no idea what's going on around the world, or you try to twist facts to prove your point. This is not giving advantage to a low percentage of users.

Android and iOS based phone takes up almost 90% of world's mobile phone market. If 90% is low percentage of users, then I'm not sure how much will you consider to be a high percentage. Unless it's proven that most grepo players falls into the 10%, this app is available to most grepo players.

well,you need to view stats again. How many % of internet users use smartphones? That will help you understand about low/high criteria

I am saying this flippantly, but I mean it seriously.
Most people update their phone annually or near enough.

If your phone doesn't have the app you want then getta betta phone!

What if i don't like android or ios. What if i want to stick to windows. Now i can't be keeping a hundred phones each for a game...(i confess:exaggeration)

DeletedUser

conquorer, Hassan answered your question, but I'm sure that if I go hunting properly I can find a stat that is the opposite way round. You just picked the best one suited to your argument. I think that the percentace of gamers that use the internet comparitively would be very low. While what hassan says about internet users, he doesn't include buisness use into this and alot of companies now provide android for internet access over laptop for business use only. This will take a large % out of Hassans already lower stat. Now play the percentages game with me.

DeletedUser

Yes, Hassan isn't wrong, but just to let you know, majority of adults in USA owns a smart phone. I'm pretty sure if you can play Grepolis, you are tech-savvy enough to know how to use a smart phone, and probably have one. This brings the percentage of Grepolis players who owns a smart phone even higher.

I'm not interested in playing percentages game with you, I just want to state my point, and I'm not so lame to argue over something so trivial, so just take it as a free lesson from me.

Fun fact #1: Almost 90% of Smartphones run on Android and iOS.
Fun fact #2: 56% of adults in USA owns a smartphone. This 100% includes elderly who can't use the internet or a phone, meaning they are not grepolis player.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5819

What if i don't like android or ios. What if i want to stick to windows. Now i can't be keeping a hundred phones each for a game...(i confess:exaggeration)
Same as if you only like yellow phones and windows ones don't come in yellow. You make a choice as to what is more important to you. Its rare you can get everything you want. And yeah, just a lil tiny bit exaggerating there :p

DeletedUser37520

Guys ... I just can tell you all that I love ponies , the phones that apps work on and all of you ! :*
Make peace not war !

DeletedUser

none of your arguments change the fact that the attack alarm has greater impact on the gameplay than the current advisors do all put together, yet it costs 500 gold per week for the advisors, and the much larger impact function is given free to a percentage market. This is unfair.

DeletedUser5819

I diagree that it changes gameplay more than the advisors, and somewhere back there in the thread is the very easy way to negate it by attacking or faking till they give up checking in the night. Its not rocket science.

Oh, and stuff isn't fair. A lot of stuff isn't fair. However if you are going to use the argument that making people pay a real money premium to use it would make it fairer then you may as well suggest they get a phone/pad/tablet that has this function. Or perhaps all players should be provided upon registration with androids and fast internet. Cos otherwise its not fair.

DeletedUser

it affects gameplay way mpore than advisors do... before it was introduced, even if you didn't have advisors etc it was relatively easy to compensate the difference with propper planning. If a player is always online at the sniff of an attack (a large portion that play the game are retired) then your losses are far greater than they ever will be with advisors and no alarm. No matter what those that use it say to justify it it is a game changing application, which astonishingly noone gets charged for.

I guess it is possible that inno have a large financial contract with android producers that may be worth more than charging people for it.

DeletedUser23986

Fun fact #2: 56% of adults in USA owns a smartphone. This 100% includes elderly who can't use the internet or a phone, meaning they are not grepolis player.

Fun fact 3: Grepolis has a couple of national servers other than us.
Fun fact 4: If there is a national server, it means quite a lot of players play there.
Fun fact 5: A couple thousand players do not belong to countries having a national server.
fun fact 6: Minors form a huge part of grepo community.

DeletedUser5819

Hasan is being right again <Doh!>

There are over 20 national servers, at least 2 of which (France and Germany) are as big or bigger than ours.

Hasan said:
fun fact 6: Minors form a huge part of grepo community.
QFT

DeletedUser13405

Exactly where are you pulling these statistics from? I really would like to see where you believe the global market share for mobile phones is 90% dominated by Android and iOS. Without a source, I really think you are just making it up.

Yes, Hassan isn't wrong, but just to let you know, majority of adults in USA owns a smart phone. I'm pretty sure if you can play Grepolis, you are tech-savvy enough to know how to use a smart phone, and probably have one. This brings the percentage of Grepolis players who owns a smart phone even higher.

I'm not interested in playing percentages game with you, I just want to state my point, and I'm not so lame to argue over something so trivial, so just take it as a free lesson from me.

Again...source please? Thanks.