Petition to Ban Attack Alarm

DeletedUser37520

The global market for mobile telephones dwarfs that of the global market for smartphones.

http://www.businessinsider.com/bii-report-how-price-sensitive-global-consumers-will-shape-the-next-smartphone-growth-wave-2013-3

EDIT: And any discussion of comparing gold use to the attack alarm is off-topic. They are two different things. Purchasing gold, while perhaps not entirely fair, is a choice every player makes when they sign up for the game. Changing around your personal mobile device to accommodate a game is an entirely different matter.

Gold = money . phone = money . Some pay 100-200$ even more in a few months on this game . A phone that grepo can work on might come even cheaper . So it's exactly the same thing . player X chooses to pay more money on a phone that grepo can be played on and get buzzed during his sleep and player Z buys 50k gold . builds his cities in a few days , cuts 20h troops in 20minutes or buys 500 harpies from the new and "great" events like the cauldron .

Sacrifices come with the app too ;) and tactics to p!s off the guys with em until they just close the phone are there too . u just need to insist a bit and find some players to help out .

Maybe you have the time to stay on the entire day at ur pc but others can't so the app brings balance to the game as someone stated in the previous posts .

P.S: and if it's about fairness then all the players in the game should have the same salary so they can get the same amounts of gold ;) or to have less gold to pay if they are from a poorer country .

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

P.S: and if it's about fairness then all the players in the game should have the same salary so they can get the same amounts of gold ;) or to have less gold to pay if they are from a poorer country .

And maybe we should all fight for a communist state where everyone get paid the same, work the same hours, same intensity. :D

DeletedUser23986

Maybe you have the time to stay on the entire day at ur pc but others can't so the app brings balance to the game as someone stated in the previous posts .

As a matter of fact the rate of gold varies across countries.

So you don't have time to play long enough, yet your empires must be protected by the gods, so that lesser players get rimmed. Well, you may still open the web version of game every few hours, or even minutes. Why should one be entitled to automatic notifications. Afterall, having the ability to check the game every few mins on the go is already an advantage.

DeletedUser37520

As a matter of fact the rate of gold varies across countries.

So you don't have time to play long enough, yet your empires must be protected by the gods, so that lesser players get rimmed. Well, you may still open the web version of game every few hours, or even minutes. Why should one be entitled to automatic notifications. Afterall, having the ability to check the game every few mins on the go is already an advantage.

I from my country pay just as much as my other buddies from the USA / EU / AFR + I don't have the Earn Gold function as they do (Well it is there buy I have to pay 3,5e/week for 100g so :)) better just buy them directly)

The alarm is an advantage just as much as the gold is . u are buying "their" product (in this case a compatible grepolis phone and u get a +) u buy gold same deal .

DeletedUser23986

The alarm is an advantage just as much as the gold is . u are buying "their" product (in this case a compatible grepolis phone and u get a +) u buy gold same deal .
Buying their product would imply a contract with android/ios. They gain no direct advantage otherwise, other than pleasing the simmers.

DeletedUser37520

Buying their product would imply a contract with android/ios. They gain no direct advantage otherwise, other than pleasing the simmers.

How is that helping the simmers :D? the simmers don't even care about that . they mostly build and build and ... build again ! and create some occasional ldu's/birs to show "activity" :D . it's true that the ringing is a + but it's also a - if u think about it . if a guy would be attacked each night often he would finally break because in the end he/she is a human and needs sleep too !

+ I'm not sure what a simmer means for u . but for me it's the guy that has let's say 2mil pts and half or less than half bps .(talking about mid-late game only) he likes to build and gathers dbps mostly .

DeletedUser23986

How is that helping the simmers :D? the simmers don't even care about that . they mostly build and build and ... build again ! and create some occasional ldu's/birs to show "activity" :D . it's true that the ringing is a + but it's also a - if u think about it . if a guy would be attacked each night often he would finally break because in the end he/she is a human and needs sleep too !

+ I'm not sure what a simmer means for u . but for me it's the guy that has let's say 2mil pts and half or less than half bps .(talking about mid-late game only) he likes to build and gathers dbps mostly .
By simmers, i imply all players who have no interest in attacking, and are ahppy taking ghosts and defending them, which is way too easy with our lovely app

DeletedUser37520

By simmers, i imply all players who have no interest in attacking, and are ahppy taking ghosts and defending them, which is way too easy with our lovely app

I repeat . I never said that the app isn't providing an advantage (the only advantage is that it won't cost a lot to keep the phone on) but as the gold does so does the app . If ppl want equality then everything that offers an advantage for a player over the others should be removed (except for the real life schedule hehe) but then that would make inno receive no money => no game to play .
To put it simply : This topic won't solve anything , it's just a debate that will lead to nothing , the apps will still work .

P.S: + if u think about it the PC announces when u are under attack now too as long as u have ur sound on so there's absolutely no difference now between a pc or a phone app . U can also lower the volume of the pc to 0 as much as u can close the alarm's sound from an app . The only thing making u close the pc is that the electricity bills will cost more + it needs a shutdown once in a while .

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hahaha Meza, no point trying to state your point. Some people aren't much of a fighter themselves (almost 2mil point with only half the BP), and with this app, they don't dare to attack anyone.

They also hate the fact that they have a difficult time taking city from active players, and wants the game to be easier for them. They have no either how much fun there can be when you attack someone with the app. :D

DeletedUser

surely then by progression botting will eventually become legal too o_O

DeletedUser37520

I still don't get why people are against the app . as I stated before the only advantage is that the electricity bill would cost u less with a phone but u can just leave ur computer powered by the night with sound on and there u go . an "app" . Without apps the game is boring as Conqueror II said and I agree with him . where would be the fun if i check grepointel - see that X is offline from 5 to 10 and i just attack him and get in with loads of supports just right behind me . My impression is that u guys just want an easier or turtle game .
and all this stuff is said by a guy that almost never had an app and kept the abps a lot higher than the sim points . (not bragging but saying that it is possible to play well and not be underpowered without an app)

DeletedUser13405

Only against the app because it is not available on all devices and I believe it should be accessible to everyone.

DeletedUser22708

I still don't get why people are against the app . as I stated before the only advantage is that the electricity bill would cost u less with a phone but u can just leave ur computer powered by the night with sound on and there u go . an "app" . Without apps the game is boring as Conqueror II said and I agree with him . where would be the fun if i check grepointel - see that X is offline from 5 to 10 and i just attack him and get in with loads of supports just right behind me . My impression is that u guys just want an easier or turtle game .
and all this stuff is said by a guy that almost never had an app and kept the abps a lot higher than the sim points . (not bragging but saying that it is possible to play well and not be underpowered without an app)

Do you know how easy it is to fool grepointel? I love it when people think they found my offline times because they had a look at grepointel. Athena's records was a bit harder to fool.

I never used the app in all the years i've been playing this game. I play this game for my enjoyment, getting up in the middle of the night because you're getting attacked is not my idea of fun. Nevertheless i'm against the app as well. I've played the game without apps and it wasn't boring, it was carefully poking around and see if your target was offline, then slip in a sneaky cs. Without the app you could do this on your own but now you always need people to help you because if your target is online he'll be more than likely asking for support from his team mates to block your attempt. Ban the app so that players can wake up after a night sleep and worry that one of their cities is under siege ;)

DeletedUser37520

I know that grepointel isn't 100% accurate . I myself have my off times a bit more different than what it shows there hehe . but even so the app is good for people that don't have time to stay at their pc all day long or that have some stuff restricted at their workplace . I again repeat , never used an app on my prev server for example . I'm saying that the game is boring not for the one that has the app. but even for the one that doesn't . if I know the guys aprox. off times it would be way too easy to get a cs inside. this way I know that he might wake up and he'll try to snipe making it much more challenging and in the end if u get the city much more rewarding rather than knowing that I got in with slightly any effort and that even if I hit the wires it's too late for anyone to break it . + I find it funny to stress out those that have it until they just break and close it . (but anyway not all of us enjoy the same things)

DeletedUser37948

Do you know how easy it is to fool grepointel? I love it when people think they found my offline times because they had a look at grepointel. Athena's records was a bit harder to fool.

I never used the app in all the years i've been playing this game. I play this game for my enjoyment, getting up in the middle of the night because you're getting attacked is not my idea of fun. Nevertheless i'm against the app as well. I've played the game without apps and it wasn't boring, it was carefully poking around and see if your target was offline, then slip in a sneaky cs. Without the app you could do this on your own but now you always need people to help you because if your target is online he'll be more than likely asking for support from his team mates to block your attempt. Ban the app so that players can wake up after a night sleep and worry that one of their cities is under siege ;)

I like this post as it realy emphasises the real truth of this debate the alarm is a real game killer for conquest servers while for revolt servers its no big deal
I see a lot of the players posting in this thread and the ones most against the app are conquest players at heart. I do simpathise with your grievance and the game altering effects you are incountering but for me personaly as a revolt player who works I find the app a godsend
ps I turn my phone of at night so it does not break my sleep still on revolt it does not matter if your attacked while you sleep !

so ultimately I think it may be beneficial to stop the alarm working on conquest servers only as it has not detrimental effect on revolt

DeletedUser22708

I like this post as it realy emphasises the real truth of this debate the alarm is a real game killer for conquest servers while for revolt servers its no big deal
I see a lot of the players posting in this thread and the ones most against the app are conquest players at heart. I do simpathise with your grievance and the game altering effects you are incountering but for me personaly as a revolt player who works I find the app a godsend
ps I turn my phone of at night so it does not break my sleep still on revolt it does not matter if your attacked while you sleep !

so ultimately I think it may be beneficial to stop the alarm working on conquest servers only as it has not detrimental effect on revolt

yes i agree that the app has a bigger influence and effect on conquest servers than revolt servers.

I'd like to comment about my earlier post. I said ban the app but i meant, ban the attack alarm.

DeletedUser

If you are a grepo player at heart you'll dream of getting attacked and check grepo and see you actually are! :eek:

DeletedUser

I did that once haha

and yes. I never played revolt, so am guessing that this is the issue. Maybe have it as a world setting (like morale) state whether the alarm is actvie or inactive.