Petition to Stop Instance Buy

• Thread starter DeletedUser41523
  • Start date

DeletedUser41523

I'm sorry, but since the only way to get Inno to actually listen now a days is to get a bunch of people to sign their names in a bloody forum post it seems as they now totally lack the ability to determine a good idea from a bad one. That's what we'll just have to do.

For those of you who don't know what instant buy is yet, its a feature that will allow you to instantly make units, buildings, or researches instead of just halving times. This is done to be more cheap to the gold user. But its also a really flawed idea from what they describe. First off, you could just pile in res and then pump out DLU/birs to easily snipe in a matter of seconds for just a little money, this sucks the fun and skill out of the game right there. Anyone with gold and access to resources, now available via gold trade, can simply reload their nukes in a matter of minutes upon getting resources. People in BP can build up their cities at an alarmingly fast rate, especially if granted resources or if they use gold trade (sensing a theme here yet?). The bottom line is, that you can instantly reload, build up a city, or research something.

Why this is bad, imagine your entire alliance coming together on a revolt world. You're trying to get a few towns off your enemy's best player. It looks like you're going to win. Then suddenly, it happens. 2000 birs in the harbor and 4k DLU behind a 25 wall and tower. The player instant bought his units and timed them well enough to win, this is on top of the other team mates who also used this feature and the regular players who did their now very meaningless part in this scenario. There's almost no hope of winning this battle most times with a 12 hour notice on it. Hell even on a conquest world its incredibly difficult.

Imagine a guy getting fed or gold trading for resources in BP and having a powerful city with a full army by the end of BP. Don't forget those extra city slots too because he was running Olympic games every chance he got.

This is the type of thing that can ruin a community and a game. Inno seems to be going on a bad idea stint lately after having a rather good 2013 campaign and a good winter and summer of 2014. The bottom line is that this idea is clearly bad and hurtful to the community no matter how you chalk it up, for this idea to realistically happen it has to be cheaper than just halving times over and over. So it makes it tough to rebalance and just unfair to those who don't gold use.

Lets stop this terrible idea before it comes into existence and ruins our still recovering community for good.

Update
Instant buy has hit and it hasn't really made that big of a difference in game play. It just costs more and is totally inconvenient as its really too expensive to benefit from meaning only a few can stay on par. The opposite of what it was created for. Ergo, its a useless update and should be taken down.

Official Petition
-Mallor-
Achron of Corinth
Admiral Naji
Al The Conqueror
Atticus X
Baldesie
Bond007
Bowzer
Canby
Cato99
Dr-DOOM
Druvi
Dolphin Safe Tuna
Genios
Figtree2
Frinkie
Gorgonzola
Gunnellator
HasbeenDT
Hassan-Al Sabbah
Hyper
Jonorocks1
Leolis
Monster Mouse
Myrrdin Emrys
O Orador
Oskarghost56
Person67
SaintedStar
Saltyjesus
Saundegs
Shreftythred
Surbaya Jenny
Ranga1
The Smilodon Fatalis
WAVEBREAKER
Woodoo Hunter
Zerba The Greek

DON'T MAKE THIS A FEEDBACK THREAD, JUST POST YOUR NAME IN SUPPORT IF YOU SUPPORT THIS PETITION. USE THE OFFICIAL THREAD FOR EVERYTHING ELSE. YOU KNOW MODS BE LOOKING FOR AN EXCUSE TO LOCK THIS THREAD DOWN AS IT IS.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30490

no offence but inno doesn't care smildon.This won't work
The only time a petition worked was when they removed Harbor checks i think....

They are planning on putting it on beta in 2 days,so i doubt a thread with a list of players name will change it.

Although *evil grin*
we could try to reach out to other server,take it international get over 10,000 names for this petition,join other grepo servers world etc
Might get banned though :D

DeletedUser41523

And to stop rapid world release and to open a world like Rhammus. Petitions seemed to have worked pretty well.

DeletedUser30490

oh well don't say i never told you so :p
put my name up there

DeletedUser41523

Hey guys, please do NOT make this a feedback thread!!!! Just post your name in support. If you disagree make your argument in the actual feedback thread where it belongs. Same for if you have any points beyond your name but you agree!

DeletedUser37948

cant beleive you guys, you have not even experianced this yet, you dont know the mechanics of it and yet your jumping to conclusions.

still im sure you will try and shoot this down regardless of no proof, without experiancing it ,based on you own predjudices but as my father always said where ignorance is bliss its folly to be wise.

DeletedUser27128

What's there to experience? Doesn't the description in the official thread make it clear? Combine it with gold trading... massive bonuses for gold users.

And if you want to see gold trading in action, go to the beta servers. I bet you'll be back here after seeing the effects it's doing, signing up your name.

DeletedUser37948

What's there to experience? Doesn't the description in the official thread make it clear? Combine it with gold trading... massive bonuses for gold users.

And if you want to see gold trading in action, go to the beta servers. I bet you'll be back here after seeing the effects it's doing, signing up your name.

all the posts here including and especialy the first post and this one quoted express in there laungauge a preconseived idea that inno only wish to exploit us with no regard for the effects poor game mechanics would have on consumers.

inno are a buisness but it would be very bad buisness to alienate your customers so with that in mind i doubt very much they deliberatly try to destroy this game or comunity as is the undertone of most of the posts in this thread

while inno have made errors they are also responcible for this game and all the good changes as well as the bad. This concept may well be a good thing it may work in unespected ways and bring more balance but unfortunatly without proof and born of utter bigotry we get stupid threads like this!

PS im on the beta test and the gold trading is a good idea one i support and one that will aid a lot of players

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

inno are a buisness but it would be very bad buisness to alienate your customers

Wont alienate heavy gold users though, think thats the point.

Doubting this will make a blind bit of difference but you can add me to the petition too

DeletedUser37948

Wont alienate heavy gold users though, think thats the point.

Doubting this will make a blind bit of difference but you can add me to the petition too

once again cynical base on no facts

if there is one thing thats been a constant on these forums its that people will always moan and whine about gold users at every opotunity, suppose its human nature to a degree.
haters just going to hate

DeletedUser27128

PS im on the beta test and the gold trading is a good idea one i support and one that will aid a lot of players

pfft. I see offers in the market with ratios like 10 gold for 10k wood. Absolute nonsense.

DeletedUser45115

Put my name on here.
Last time i check i dont need to pay to pla grepolis.
If you want pay fine but dont forget that many others cant afford you can to have your gold bonusses

DeletedUser37948

There are no facts on the mechanics of how this will work, you and the others here are just spouting the usual anti gold retoric we have all come to exspect on forums
no one has released details on mechanics yet, but already the spongers and anti gold use spammers are flocking to the bandwagon i see post here from all the usual suspects.

DeletedUser22940

There are no facts on the mechanics of how this will work, you and the others here are just spouting the usual anti gold retoric we have all come to exspect on forums
no one has released details on mechanics yet, but already the spongers and anti gold use spammers are flocking to the bandwagon i see post here from all the usual suspects.

There are plenty of details
They specifically state the philosophy behind their developments so one can come to a relatively educated conclusion on the mechanics

Fact #1 - Will replace current halving system
Fact #2 - Will be less expensive
Conclusion #1 (based on facts #1 & 2) - This will give gold users, specifically heavy ones, more of an advantage than they already have

DeletedUser37948

There are plenty of details
They specifically state the philosophy behind their developments so one can come to a relatively educated conclusion on the mechanics

Fact #1 - Will replace current halving system
Fact #2 - Will be less expensive
Conclusion #1 (based on facts #1 & 2) - This will give gold users, specifically heavy ones, more of an advantage than they already have

well we will see shortly but if you read my post in the feedback thread you will note my observations on the 65 gold to reduce 28 devine envoys i think that one point eludes to the real intent not the missleading text.
this is nothing more than rebalancing and a price hike to further bleed golders dry id say golders will be more adversly effected, the effect on the spongers will be minimal