Not sure if Kal has received answers or been given permission. However, there has been no response here on the forum or in the dev blog. Anyone from EN who has read forums on other markets (excluding US) will see that they are run quite differently. I read two discussions on the DE forum where several devs took part, one where they explained the limitations of the system and help develop an idea and another where they explained (in detail) how they handled (and admitted to mishandling) a potential problem. I can't get a straight answer from a dev about a simple question on their blog, let alone have them come to the forum for a discussion.Now, onto the topics that we have been discussing this week.
- I've brought up the discrepancies between markets, with the aim of finding out the reasons behind these differences, and making it fair for all communities. EN is one of the only, if not the only, market with a Do Not Suggest list ... EN is forbidden from promoting Skype/Discord chats, while other communities such as DE have no such restrictions and their recent spam discussion with their CM was hosted in part on Discord. Furthermore, NL is used as a test market for updates, even though there is a market (beta) that exists specifically to test new features and updates. These points have all been raised, and when I have answers and the permission to publish them, I will.
We've now been given permission to share a recent insight on the developer's plans for the ways in which events will change over time:
1. events will continue to exist, I am changing the rewards on them to reduce its power, as it happened on Pandora.
3. events are not currently our focus.
5. events are not currently in out focus anymore.
Thank you for the update on this. Any idea on when the DNS list will be removed? (In my naivety, it seems as simple as deleting the "Do Not Suggest list" and "Wishlist" posts from Figtree's Ideas forum explanation thread.) Even if improving the general process takes a while, removing the DNS list would be a large instant benefit, as it would encourage more discussion and ideas on those topics to surface, which we can take through the GPC as well as the normal process.Fixing the ideas section is on my admittedly long list of things to do. I'll be getting rid of the DNS list and I'll be making an attempt to make the process involved in getting an idea passed simpler.
Domination objective starts of as 40%. This value will start to decrease after some time has passed in the world (this time is predetermined by the speed and settings of the world). Domination objective will decrease based on the current progress of the top alliances until it becomes close enough to be reachable. Once the value starts decreasing, it will do so every 14 days.
So, I know I'm old and forgetful but since when did domination = 40%? Last I saw they were proposing 60%.
I think we all know by now that inno rarely listens to players. We hope they listen to the gpc but don't hold our breath. In terms of players holding the gpc responsible for inno's actions/ inactions, well, I hope those players are venting and nothing more. Anyone who truly feels you are the same as inno hasn't been paying attention.
- The issue of the controversial war package
- In response to statements made by multiple council members that we were being held responsible for negative decisions made by Inno that we had no part in or power over, the Lead Community Manager stated that players should understand that, while Inno comes and asks the Player Council for their advice and opinions, they have no obligation to act on them immediately, or indeed at all.
It has been decided by the developers that no alliance-switching cooldown measure will be implemented at this time. They will continue to keep this idea in mind, especially with regards to Domination due to the way in which alliance-changing could be abused in that endgame mode.
The chosen reward for winning a Domination world has been announced: +10% warehouse capacity to all cities. It was felt that this wouldn't be unbalanced, was unique, and was similar to the World Wonder reward (same percentage increase as the +50 favour capacity).
The topic of inequalities is still progressing. We are continuing to push this matter, but it is becoming increasingly worrying that the senior management for the game's overall community seemingly has no interest in dealing with obvious equality issues, even when simple solutions are presented.
Due to real life commitments, I will be unable to do next week's weekly update (2nd September).
There is a reason given by the developer, but we haven't been given permission to share it yet. I will see if I can get permission to publish it.Was a reason given or a better idea proposed?
Is it possible to get some background on what else was kicked around and thrown out? Your reasons for this choice are fine. Just wondering about other options. Understand if privileged and not allowed.
We asked this a short while ago. We received a response, but again they didn't state that we had permission to post it (meaning that we can't, as we need to be actively given permission to post their responses to issues). I will ask if we can. I would hope that updates should start again soon, if the reason we were given was true.Perhaps you can also ask why we have gone from a bi-monthly devblog to no update since mid-June, not even stats. Or, get an answer as to why there is no longer a way for me to post this question on the devblog to ask them directly. While the devs often ignored players, at least we could post and TRY to communicate with them.
Inactive members removed, yes.
Please use this thread to discuss any ideas, game concepts, issues or anything else that you feel the Player's Council should bring up with Inno. Also, please put any feedback about the council here. Please try to keep this thread free of spam.
Thanks, and we look forward to hearing your comments.
I can't find you on any world that I'm in, and I don't really have time to join even more worlds. So apologies, but the reply will have to be here.i prefer if you message me in game about this on what might be considered being added or is being added if you need more info message me in game at master of greekmythology
1) I think not just having the gods and goddess we have now add the the rest of them and for the monsters we could add their titian form
2) you also could take out the one quest where you have to attack one person other wise the person would lose their beginners protection
3) instead of making the the upgrade times so long why don't you make some easier way to cut down times or finish them at a certain time for people who don't want to buy or just can't buy the gold
4) you could add campaign map along with adding in 2 more mythologies
5) the free roam capabilities of freeman gurella warfare but the fighting of total war
6) you get a choice between 3 different mythologies and depending on your choice you will be placed in camp half-blood or camp Jupiter or the house of life
The majority of currently-active worlds do have heroes, to my knowledge. I certainly don't remember any world without heroes being released on EN since I joined the game around 2 years ago. I understand that a couple of the oldest currently active worlds still have no heroes, but to add them in at a late stage of the world would create a completely new dynamic. Given that there are players who don't appreciate the whole idea of heroes, it seems logical to have occasional worlds that don't include them.7) add heroes to all worlds
Is this a suggestion, or a generic well-wishing towards everyone?make a creative name for the world and have fun conquering the world
I can't find you on any world that I'm in, and I don't really have time to join even more worlds. So apologies, but the reply will have to be here.
- "The rest" of the gods and goddesses is a rather extensive list. We currently have 6 gods in the game, and there are already balance issues with spells and mythological units. Shared attributes between gods (Athena+Ares for warfare, Apollo+Artemis for archery, etc) would make it hard to create representative and unique spells for them, in addition to the fact that some gods would be hard to create useful spells for.
- "Titian form"s of monsters doesn't make sense, at least to my knowledge of Greek mythology: the titans were basically an elder generation of gods, and the distinction isn't always entirely clear (some of the titans' children are referred to as gods, others as titans, and a few seem to have debated status, such as Aphrodite). They aren't a particular form of monster.
This a reasonable suggestion, and one that has been discussed between council members on a few occasions. Partially due to the reason that you stated, but also due to the fact that it cannot be completed at the time it appears for those players who join straight away. (The quest usually pops up a few days into BP, from what I can remember, and protection can't be broken until at least one person comes out of it naturally.)
There are several ways to have shorter upgrade times:
Also, gold is meant to give an advantage (and this is me saying this as someone who doesn't spend money on this game). So you can't really demand that you should get the abilities they pay for, for free, with no real effort.
- Play worlds that have a higher world speed. The longer upgrades still take a while, but it's not as painful as slow worlds can be.
- Use Efficient Architects tokens. You can get these from island quests, so no gold spend required, and an epic Efficient Architects token will halve the build time of anything already in the queue and anything placed in the queue for the duration of the token's effect.
- Use Christopholus in the city that you need to prioritise building up (if you play on a world with heroes).
- A campaign-style would be a completely different game. From what I know, campaigns are usually 1-player, or small groups of players. Not the huge numbers of players you have on most worlds in Grepolis. It could be fun, but it wouldn't really be the same game, so it seems like this is more of an idea for a new game than an improvement to the existing one.
- I'm assuming, based on your 6th suggestion, that you mean to have Roman and Egyptian as the two alternate mythologies. I would refer you back to my point about balance, and about ending up with copied spells. (If the alternate mythologies didn't have some copy of purification/wisdom/sea storm, they would likely be ignored by the vast majority of players.)
This seems like you want a completely different game? More like Age of Mythology, or a version of Rome Total War that includes spells and mythological units?
Aside from the previously-stated balance issues, I'm going to point out one major barrier: copyright. Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter are from fictional series' by Rick Riordan (as I am sure you know, but pointing it out to those others watching this thread), and likely couldn't be used without permission. House of Life may or may not be subject to copyright, depending on how much inspiration you take from the books (they feature in an Egyptian-themed series by the same author, but the House of Life was a part of Egyptian history already).
The majority of currently-active worlds do have heroes, to my knowledge. I certainly don't remember any world without heroes being released on EN since I joined the game around 2 years ago. I understand that a couple of the oldest currently active worlds still have no heroes, but to add them in at a late stage of the world would create a completely new dynamic. Given that there are players who don't appreciate the whole idea of heroes, it seems logical to have occasional worlds that don't include them.
Is this a suggestion, or a generic well-wishing towards everyone?
I take it that is one of the old worlds without heroes? The point stands that I don't really have time to go and join yet more worlds.so i am in the world bellerophon
1) think about their controls athena is the goddess of wisdom and justice, aries is the god of destruction, apollo is the god of the sun, music and
archery also artimis is the goddess of hunt and the moon but as in their
titian forms of them i was thinking on the lines of adding them in as
bosses for when you fight the bandits
4) not if we do one were the alliances were to battle it out for the map of the U.S.
5) idea from brother
and are you saying i would make a great game designer for if i did create a
game with just some of the ideas i put out their
well i can find their titans but i did find some fun things that might be able to give you some ideas for magic spells and gods and goddesses
follow the link it will give you a list of greek gods and goddesses (hint use their symbol if it is an animal)
for example: apollo symbol is the lyre so we could make 1 of his magic units the lyre