PnP: 24 Hours to leave them LoS-ers behind

• Thread starter DeletedUser5061
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aicy

Strategos
You could say that. Daizan did the same sort of strategy in Kappa with Black Shadows and people discredited him there too.

But that doesn't mean he's not a fantastic leader.

DeletedUser13729

Recruiting from ur enemys is a accepted tactic in grepolis generally asfar as i can tell. It isnt the most honorable way of war but for the most part but it is a accepted strategy by most of the common folk around here. So please stop whining about that ?

Honestly if you cant hold on to the members urself or they just arent in any proximity for any serious support then they probably will leave for the stronger alliance and you should be better for it generally lol. If people jump ship on the first sight of trouble then they arent worth keeping anyway btw ,if your alliance has any standards at all for its acitivity and members. Also there is a downside to recruiting by threat ,these people tend to be not that supportive of the alliance in general and might jump ship again to another faction if a oppurtunity rises aswell. Altough there are always execptions to the rule .

Sorry for my bad english at times.

DeletedUser14385

its allways faster to invade if you can get the natives fighting for you, it makes sense to absorb the best players, as long as you keep winning theyre likely to stick around.

DeletedUser6156

I think what a lot of people are forgetting with PV is the quality of players already in there. The majority of those 100 PV members have all proven themselves to be good at the game in another server. They don't need to recruit from there enemies, but why rim a decent player when he/she could be 10 times as useful working for you?

and yes I am back in Xi.

DeletedUser345

Come on dai nice PnP but recruiting the enemy again?

I mean I know in Shine we were loyal and experienced if completely outnumbered and overpowered but it was still more beneficial for you to eat is rather than recruit us. CoW are less experienced and more tasty but you still want to let them off? Do what you did to us and finish the job don't take them in. Just some advice ;)

Other than that good PnP you getting better although you need to work on your language a bot :)

DeletedUser

Hey Achilles
That wasnt nice lol
Skully sorry to offend you
Hows everyone?
and thanks ThaUnit

DeletedUser5061

I will be most likely be handing leadership over to Ladasha if I don't want to get rimmed on alpha. I have and increasing amount of school work and have no time for Xi anymore. Good job though dai, Pv was always superior. Don't call me a quitter because I like grepolis, and I also like not failing my grade and doing it all over again.

@Skullyhoofd dude read the above^ players like munafojx and ladasha are making other arrangements coz TGT and Sapph have decided to call it day. When the boat has sunk and you find yourself in the water, you start swimming you don't just stay there, that would be stoopid.

Alpertos is the only player who joined us from LoS prior to your leaders calling it day, and that was because one of the guys that was sending the CS at him was a fellow countryman and when they were talking on PM during their first battle they became friends and he decided he would rather have him as a teammate than take him out. I wouldn't call it showing mercy more like we are a 90 man alliance trying to take two oceans having another player can hurt the cause it's not like we are short on juicy targets.

Come on dai nice PnP but recruiting the enemy again?

I mean I know in Shine we were loyal and experienced if completely outnumbered and overpowered but it was still more beneficial for you to eat is rather than recruit us. CoW are less experienced and more tasty but you still want to let them off? Do what you did to us and finish the job don't take them in. Just some advice ;)

Other than that good PnP you getting better although you need to work on your language a bot :)

I gave them 24 hour notice and declared war, like I always do it's nothing new like you can see here and here, some players wanna play sim city so if they are no threat or in an enemy alliance there is no reason we can't offer them a pass. Or if they are in alliance and have been blindly led into a war by their leaders I feel they have right to know the truth before they get into what can be very stressful war for them. I am not offering an open invitation to join PV I am giving them a notice so if they wanna war they can get ready and give us a good one coz that's the only kind we are looking for.

I mean LoS average is 3k our average is 16k so obviously there is no you may apply offer here, he doesn't seem to know alot about his own alliance what is gonna know about ours. When I made Shine the "you may apply offer" you guys had a higher average than us and lots of players on the same islands, while some of the LoS members are still too far away for us. And what is he on about I thought you guys were the black sheep of the pre-mades? :)

I even refused the invitation of PV i got. :rolleyes:

Are you smoking some of that dutch stuff that is illegal everywhere else? coz there is no way we gave a 3k player an invite in that ocean at this stage. Asth wasn't discrediting you achievements against Catharsis you did well against them that's why we sat up and took notice but you kind of didn't show up against PV.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

too much politics... just play the game.. and respect each other doesn't matter if you win and loose just show credit when the other deserves it even if they lost or won.
In a couple more months Xi will be a graveyard of just a few hundred players because we drive away many new potential new first time players with harsh words or the way we no longer have fun battling each other because of too much getting into the game. O well Im just here to have fun .. just thought we can still have ... whats it called o yea its FUN lol :p

That's why it is called Politics and Propaganda. It is awesome.
Seriously, for real?

CoS has always been 'the black sheep' of the pre-mades. Nobody who wasn't a memeber never liked it. People (like Catharsis) underestimated us pretty much even before the world started.

They had big shoes to feel as one of the major premades of Xi. There was a lot of talk between the big 3 - Project Venom, Nemesis and Circles of Shadows. The hype about CoWs died down so quickly I almost missed it. You were overrated, it doesn't mean you didn't do well, everyone was just expecting so much more.

For those who did not notice, we also took 7 Catharsis cities, just as many as PV.

Congrats, I wasn't discrediting your efforts.

But what about alpertros? You couldn't beat him after several attempt so you invited him?
and munafojx?
And again, i'm not saying its a bad this, i just find it a bad thing myself. imo, you should crush every enemy, even if they are good and active players.

Are you kidding? Alpertos' army was completely destroyed and was left rebuilding and helpless for days, that's why he momentarily flatlined on grepostats. Said so by himself. Infact, he was still rebuilding when we invited him. The reason we didn't conquer him sooner was because we had another target we were focusing on because he was a turtle (3 cities, one island) and the longer we left him the harder it'd be.

munafojx made a brave (and stupid) move of trying to conquer jpindseth's city. jpindseth had just set foot in the city so had very little units if at all. Muna waltzed in (see: dodged) and I made sure he didn't stay there for any longer than 6 seconds.

The only good player you took out was malicius.

He was good, but I expected more. Maybe it was the message I got from him telling me he was drunk blah blah.
I get we and shine aren't the same but yes, I do think the tactic you used was weak. If it were only 20 players why didn't you conquer them?

Sometimes assimilation is a good thing.

tbh, i am quite disappointed in LoS too. If we'd still have all our member who left, and a different leader from the start I actually think we could've came up with a challenge for PV. But now we are quite dead already, just some convulsions left. all the 'veteran' LoS members are leaving and the morale is low.
It seems your 6 conquers were enough to kill LoS.
And i think you're arrogant because you brag too much about too small achievements.

What you said is exactly why CoWs was overrated. You could have been as big as PV, you could have been a challenge, but you weren't. Hence, overrated.

I don't see Daizan bragging, he doesn't post topics all over the forum "look guys we just took our first city in the war". Small achievements may be small at the time but they can cause great things. Butterfly flapping it's wings, cracks in the ground, etc, those sayings. It only took 6 conquer to destroy LoS as you said. So although it is small the repercussions were massive.

SO in other words PV is a mass recruitment alliance.. basically invite all who can't be conquered so they invite them??

There is nobody that can't be conquered. Skully is making it look like we had trouble moving into O44 and had to recruit members. Those members that we recruited didn't actually help at all with the conquers we did and we never invited anyone with a current claim on them. If whoever it was didn't decide to invite Alpertos, he would have been our next target and as I said he was still rebuilding so it would have been easy. Many of the people that joined were strategically located and we hadn't even had a conquest attempt on them, yet (they were too far). Others (and very few of these existed) were completely surrounded and they knew it was just a matter of time before they were overwhelmed.

DeletedUser

I don't feel Daizan is bragging and PV had no trouble getting into 44
Huh Toast bound this alliance to misery

DeletedUser

I don't feel Daizan is bragging and PV had no trouble getting into 44
Huh Toast bound this alliance to misery

Thanks for making it sound like I did everything. You know, it's not all my fault I wish people realized. Did I attack PV members? No. Did I provoke them? No. I couldn't do anything because sparky had set me back so I was helpless. So please stop saying I did everything.

Aicy

Strategos
I personally think Toast was the entire reason his alliance failed, and we should all -Rep him for it so I can overtake him in rep. :p

P.S I'm joking.

DeletedUser6810

I think its funny reading all these simple minded comments talking about how daizans using a cheap tactic take out LoS. Where as hes using the best tactic possible to him.

We basically have 2 seperate oceans, travel time of about 10+ hours for most members unless they have taken a city in O44. Everyone knows that the longer the attack has to land the more time you have to prepare for it. If PV hadnt decided on this tactic, they could have spent a good few weeks, if not months, trying to finish wiping LOS.

This tactic ensures that they dont havent left any ends untied. This way they dont have to conquer the rubbish cities of loyalist CoW's which would be no benefit to them what so ever. This way, daizan can get a win in 2 - 3 weeks other than 2 - 3 months.

PV have played this very well, dont get me wrong, CoW was never organised, respectable or any sort of a challenge for them. But this way, they have been taken care of in a fraction fo the time it would have taken to subdue them all.

Good work lads.

DeletedUser

Are you smoking some of that dutch stuff that is illegal everywhere else? coz there is no way we gave a 3k player an invite in that ocean at this stage. Asth wasn't discrediting you achievements against Catharsis you did well against them that's why we sat up and took notice but you kind of didn't show up against PV.

I meant that you guys invited me even before xi started. 3 days after i joined the CoS premade. even then you looked more promising than CoS, but i chose to say in CoS because i'm loyal. And then ladashe went mad cause i'm expressing my opinon here :p

And thank you for this quote. it's actually the first time i hear you say something positive about LoS. :D

Recruiting from ur enemys is a accepted tactic in grepolis generally asfar as i can tell. It isnt the most honorable way of war but for the most part but it is a accepted strategy by most of the common folk around here.

This was exactly my point daizan, I just personally think the tactic is bad. I'm not saying it is bad. This would never happen on the Dutch server.
I do notice loads of differences when i started to play here, interesting tho. :p

DeletedUser

so if some of the best players in PV had contacted LoS and expressed an interest in joining they would have been turned down?

very strange if you ask me... o_O

DeletedUser

If i was in charge i wouldn't let them in...

I guessed i'm used to different thing. It'd be outrageous to recruit an enemy on the dutch server :eek:

DeletedUser5061

I just personally think the tactic is bad. I'm not saying it is bad. This would never happen on the Dutch server.
I do notice loads of differences when i started to play here, interesting tho. :p

If i was in charge i wouldn't let them in...

I guessed i'm used to different thing. It'd be outrageous to recruit an enemy on the dutch server :eek:

Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall. Those players that left you, left after we pointed out the flaw.

We don't have no real enemies, they don't to seem to last that long. It's like we mark 'em red and then they are gone.

We only took 18 red cities, it's hardly a lot. Three alliances down with zero cities lost, you personally think weak tactic? I personally think not.

DeletedUser

I personally think Toast was the entire reason his alliance failed, and we should all -Rep him for it so I can overtake him in rep. :p

P.S I'm joking.

Is that Rep system abuse I see? ;)

DeletedUser

Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall. Those players that left you, left after we pointed out the flaw.

We don't have no real enemies, they don't to seem to last that long. It's like we mark 'em red and then they are gone.

We only took 18 red cities, it's hardly a lot. Three alliances down with zero cities lost, you personally think weak tactic? I personally think not.

Well everyone has his own opinion. Like i said, this would never happen on the dutch server, i guess it's just the matter of what your used to... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.