Politics Weekly: Issue #001
By MrPdwash

World Cythera (en68)
World Speed 3
Unit Speed 3
No Morale
Conquest

Introduction:

Hello Friends! It is that time again when you start a new world and you are trying to decide what Newspaper can provide you with the most information the quickest! I can tell you that is me! I write for a living so I have an upper-hand in this type of writing!

First off a little about myself. I am 16, 17 November 18th. I am gay and proud. I attend a private High-School ranked the best in state in Maine, USA. I have been playing Grepolis for a little more than three years now. I just started using these forums about three months ago though. I also am silly and keep losing my password. However I wont lose this password I use it for almost everything. “HAHA”

I would also like to point out that this issue is not set up as perfectly as I would like it to. I was getting a lot of glitches setting it up! So please stand by! I will be editing this issue off and on over the next few hours to make it perfect!

MrPdwash's Views:
Okay so let’s get down to the basics, why is this world going to be a good or bad world!

We are looking at a very fast paced world. With Unit Speed 3, World Speed 3, Conquest, and No Moral there will be wars within the first few weeks. Many of the premades for this world want to start in the same general area meaning there will be many fights for the oceans they are going to be thriving in.

The alliance cap being 100 we will also be seeing a few MRA alliances. People trying to pack the numbers in. My hope for this world is that everyone tries to ride of the MRA’s numbers are not everything, pure skill is.

Premades expected in New World:
Okay here I basically listed all the new premades expected to actually form in Cythera. I ranked them from their rosters, meaning amount of expected players to join. I am not putting any blurbs about them till the next issue because of the world just opening.

Mickey D’s(52 Registered Players; 7 Maybes)

Project: Misery Business(42 Registered Players; 2 Maybes)

Dark Energy(17 Registered Players)

Cerberus(3 Registered Players) - I have two things to say about this, first off I know I should be saying anything as I promised above but, you stole my alliance name, thief! Also you don’t fit your point req so I take it this alliance won't actually start up but hey, there is a possibility!

Khaos Reigns(1 Registered Player) -I don't care what effect you are going for spell the name right, kay thanks
-k7gbcSEkxYRGU0Z4FMX1jKAwnVe74gFEkIyxOXkRVFB22i7jwzgdI6LfXeWvllPg5ysRsxFS-9V8REiOgd_DkX5PRaDWF4F_xiaMv7cOiNdAVeVyCHC0kJjGg
)

Super Karate Monkey Death Car (1 Registered Player) -Great Name

Infectious(1 Registered Player)

Thyestes (1 Registered Player)

Organised Chaos (1 Registered Player)

Gold Vein (1 Registered Player)

Interviews:
I have gotten some interviews done from some players, just to get the ball rolling!

Your alliance "Mickey D's" has a very open approval rate with this world just opening in the next 6 hours, do you have any enemies yet from the premade alliances? If so who?

We do not really have a true enemy yet, but even if we did I would not publish it for the reason of secrecy. Many of us have suspicions, which nobody else probably knows about, such as spies, but we are not intent on sharing those suspicions as of yet. We will announce them after the even has been taken care of.

It looks like you some experience Leading/Founding alliances is there going to be more than one founder/leader working with you, or is "Mickey D's" a dictatorship of a sort?

Yeah, I have a couple guys working with me. I originally made this alliance with Awesomeness.- we were both looking for a new world and he had a friend he wanted to bring with him, so I said what the heck- he is one of the founders. Then, later on, I met lots of good guys and players I had know beforehand and who had good reputations, so I decided to tag along with them. Aserius is going to be my Head General/ Go-to-guy, mufc1999 is going to be just one of my leaders, and klutchsmaster will be my Ambassador. I have many more positions to hand out, and will be deciding on those soon.

What are your goals going into this world, other than to win? For example revenge from other worlds?

My goal is just to survive a couple months. I tend to lead my alliances into wars and we always get ourselves pitched up against coalitions that are usually 4x the size of us, so I am going to try to take it one alliance at a time, which i'm sure MB wants to do as well.

Since this world hasn't officially started yet we can't get into to much more detail than that, but is there a quote, or something else you would like other people playing this world to know?

Uh yeah, why not. I would definitely like to quote 'Lil Wayne with this one "Started out hustlin', ended up ballin'" I'm pretty sure that quote explains the future of our alliance.

What are your goals going into this world? Besides winning!
Do you have any targets right away? Revenge on any players?
Well a great start, hoping to get into the alliance as soon as possible and hit conquest within 2 weeks. Hopefully I'll actually stick around to the end and be there when WW starts.

What are you looking for going into this world? As I understand you are modding this world is there anyone or anything in specific you are looking for or at?
I am excited to see a great many forum personalities enrolling for this world and I'm anticipating some rather fantastic PnPs from them, as I've seen in the past. I am confident that this forum section will be bustling and competitive - I have heard suggestions that it could be the loudest forum yet - which pleases me greatly. I can't say much more than that I believe this will inject some serious activity back into the community.

What exactly does your job entail?

Well, there are the obvious entailment of the forum rules that will be upheld. However, given the nature of the world, its settings and the amount of people it is attracting, I am certainly going to be playing a bigger part in the section itself then people will be used to in recent times. This means competitions, outside opinions and banter! I don't want to be seen as a detached tyrant, because I want this section to be active, good-humored and competitive as much as anyone else.

I see that you have been placed in an alliance, are you going to stay true to that alliance or be playing a little more freely?

To clarify - I will not be partaking in the world itself. I cannot play the world of a section I moderate and I will be remaining unbiased regardless of circumstances. I was signed up to Project: Misery Business and I was excited to play the world, it is true, but I have had to leave that behind so that I can play a role on the forum.

From the premade alliances released so far who do you see soaring to the top first? If any?

There are several premades that have potential to do incredibly well and I'm sure that we will see a few wildcard alliances spring up upon world launch, which show great promise. The Smilodon Fatalis, DeathwishX13 and iCyber all have generated some strong rosters and any of them could be in for a shot at the world start, right through to the finish. I believe the immediate lead will probably go to Misery Business, albeit I anticipate a lot of hot competition and it certainly wouldn't be the first time that a promising premade has disappointed.

Is there any quote or something you would like the players to know going into this world?

This world has some pretty fantastic settings, in my opinion, and I think this will be the best forum since Thebes - although I am sure we can surpass even that. Just keep up the banter and keep it this side of the rules! You only have to holler if you need me, I'll come a-running. C:

Your alliance "Dark Energy" has a very open approval rate with this world just opening in the next 6 hours, do you have any enemies yet from the premade alliances? If so who?
No enemies yet mate, world hasn't started yet and BP hasn't ended.

It looks like you some experience Leading/Founding alliances is there going to be more than one founder/leader working with you, or is "Dark Energy" a dictatorship of a sort?

Taikou is going to be working with me, it will be a mix between dictatorship and democracy.

What are your goals going into this world, other than to win? For example revenge from other worlds?

Nope, no revenge I just want to have some fun and win while I’m at it!

Since this world hasn't officially started yet we can't get into to much more detail than that, but is there a quote, or something else you would like other people playing this world to know?

Good luck to everyone! It will be hard fought world that's for sure!

What are your goals going into this world? Besides winning!
Definitely to leave an impression. If people don't know who we are by the end of it, we've failed.

Do you have any targets right away? Revenge on any players?
Of course we do. If it isn't blue or green its got to go...

How do you plan to play this world? Offensive, Defensive?

Offensive, have you ever heard of the turtles that defeated that great aggressive alliance? Neither did I. Gotta go in guns blazing.

Do you feel like you have any advantages over other players going into this world because of experience? Also from a very large premade?
Advantage? Not really. Most people joining this world seem pretty experienced. Also starting in a pre-made has its advantages and disadvantages.

Do you have a quote or something you would like to let players know going into this world?

If things are going your way, you have to be more on edge than ever.

Your alliance "Project: Misery Business has a very open approval rate with this world just opening in the next 6 hours, do you have any enemies yet from the premade alliances? If so who?
Well anyone who lands near us I suppose. Outside of that i'm pretty chill with everyone and I think its the same feeling from them too. Or i'm wrong and everyone hates me. :(

It looks like your alliance has many very experienced players. Do you think this gives you any advantage over any other Premades out there??
Only if we use our experience to its fullest potential. I'm expecting that we'll be on the radar right out of the gates and that with the long delay that everyone and their mother has a plan.

What are your goals going into this world, other then to win? For example revenge from other worlds?
Just have fun. The winning is important but its a byproduct of having fun and doing things right,

Mooooooooo. ;)

Your alliance (Infectious) has only ONE publicly registered player. Are you holding back on your true alliance until the world release?
Of course, why would I list a bunch of players who may or may not actually join. We definitely have more then one member coming into the world though!

What is your ultimate goal going into this world? Other than winning!
Well, from all the jibber jabber so far on forums, ridding people's perception I don't stick to worlds :D

Right now, do you have any enemies looking at the premades? People you want out first?
No enemies, everything that isn't blue will be an enemy I guess right? I'd say Mckie D's... If they ever show up :p

Is there anything you want everyone to know, like a quote, going into this world?
Love me or hate me; Yall gotta deal with me.

Quote:
"When you are going through hell, I have your back! Just give me a call and I will always be there for you!"

Conclusion:

That's all this week as I said there will be more in the next issue! Once things get rolling send messages over to get stuff posted in this paper!
Also I have a group that you can join called (EN68) Politics Weekly: Readers, if you join that group you can give me info for new issues!

Chief Editor of "Politics Weekly"
-MrPdwash-

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32373

Nice interviews, look forward to the next issue which I assume is coming a couple days after the world starts. This newspaper can be good if you keep it up ;)

DeletedUser24334

Nice interviews, look forward to the next issue which I assume is coming a couple days after the world starts. This newspaper can be good if you keep it up ;)

Thanks! I know it looks horrible right now. I can't get the code right. It keeps screwing up what I want it to do!

DeletedUser

Very intrigued.. I like the addition of pushty!

Would like to see what TSF and DW would have said though.

DeletedUser24334

Very intrigued.. I like the addition of pushty!

Would like to see what TSF and DW would have said though.

They both have interviews sitting in there inbox. Will they answer them I have no clue :p I have sent them interviews plus reminder messages twice :p

DeletedUser43011

I stopped over in Byllis. Wasn't enough action.

Very poor world was Byllis, im glad your running this newspaper....you need to add your link to the external site you have also buddy

DeletedUser24334

Very poor world was Byllis, im glad your running this newspaper....you need to add your link to the external site you have also buddy

I have been explicitly warned by Baudin Toolan and Pushty to not publish the link to my site anywhere on here.

DeletedUser24334

It is against forum rules. I made a valid argument saying that it is about grepolis, and only grepolis. I mean I understand if I was off topic. But they said no, no if you do it then everyone can. Either way. They said no. So No website sorry guys.

DeletedUser43011

It is against forum rules. I made a valid argument saying that it is about grepolis, and only grepolis. I mean I understand if I was off topic. But they said no, no if you do it then everyone can. Either way. They said no. So No website sorry guys.

Hmm I thought it added a little extra diversity into this, just my input but never mind.

DeletedUser24334

Seriously why'd I get a -REP rofl. Something about needing to have patients. Oh my. This is going downhill fast.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser24334

Hmm I thought it added a little extra diversity into this, just my input but never mind.

I personally like it a lot more than making forum post. I can't seem to sway them in my favor. Maybe my fellow readers can petition this and help get my site back!

DeletedUser

you could just put in on the same website, we already know what that is.
or we could google it.
but it's not a problem for me, i like this just as well.