Pre World Gela Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser33205

well i am going to make an ANTI-MRA Alliance Named Ultimate Destroyers is here anyone capable to join it as it will be an elite alliance containing just not strong but strategy making players too.

DeletedUser

For those who have played morale before, how does it work when someone has a city under siege?

DeletedUser

not sure i think it's the morale of the player conquering the city

DeletedUser20908

The Morale calculation is preset not to come into effect until you are attacking someone less than 25% your size in order to "level the playing field" and stop really large players just hoovering up the very weakest or newest ones.

It is calculated using your TOTAL points score compared to the owner of your targeted cities TOTAL points score.
Some people think (wrongly) that it is based on your city size, their city size or some mixture of that and overall points - it isn't.

Morale does not come into effect until you are attacking an enemy less than 25% (one quarter) of your size, and it only works for a large player attacking a smaller one. A small player attacking a much larger enemy does not get a "morale boost",

he simply gets 100% morale and takes his chances against a possibly too big, too busy opponent.
The lowest morale you can get is 30%.

Morale can be worked out using the following calculation:

Morale = [3 * (Defender points / Attacker points) + 0.3] * 100

This can show you two things.

If you are an Attacker worth 30,000points taking the only city belonging to a noob which is worth 5000 points then you can work out the following:

5000/30000 = 0.1666666
multiply this by 3 = 0.5
add 0.3 to that = 0.8
multiply this by 100 gives us a morale percentage of 80%

You could also work out that if you didn't want to attack anyone with worse than 50% morale to not waste too many troops then what size opponent should you look at ??

Using similar figures to above we can work out....

50% morale divided by 100 = 0.5
deduct 0.3 from that = 0.2
divide that by 3 = 0.0666666
multiply that by your size (in this example say 30000) = 2000 point opponent.

So for opponents the calculation is

([morale limit/100 - 0.3] / 3) * your score = minimum size opponent for morale percentage you specify

Hope this clearifies morale a bit to you bend24

DeletedUser

Has anyone heard anything about any pre mades on this world? Would be nice to have a world with no premades to be honest.

DeletedUser

Well that means I need to resist the tempation to make one lol

DeletedUser

Yea haha idk who you would get though, not many, if any of the old crew :/

DeletedUser20415

Leahkim I have played speed 1 and 3 and I think speed 2 is just perfect. Not the turtle pace of speed 1 and not the crack/cocaine pace of speed 3.

Haha maybe nod although I don't really feel like leading any alliances anymore. Don't have the time for that. I do have holiday coming up soon though so should have time to play then as long as I dont have to be a leader lol.

ur coming with me bro :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So close to Tau settings. (doh)

Would prefer no morale. But its gonna slowly take over every new world :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Yea haha idk who you would get though, not many, if any of the old crew :/
Maybe the Pella crew if they were all willing to ghost there and start with me. Can't imagine they are wanting to do that though. I will probably just join someone elses alliance though, leading is fun and all and it will be good at first while I am on break, but after that no way I will have time to lead and will feel horrible having to resign and hand it over to someone else. Felt so bad doing that to them all on Pella.

DeletedUser

well i am going to make an ANTI-MRA Alliance Named Ultimate Destroyers is here anyone capable to join it as it will be an elite alliance containing just not strong but strategy making players too.

i will. can i be a founder though? ive been one in every world iv played on. i have tons of exprience too.

DeletedUser17103

i'm looking for an alliance to join, but one that is heavily militairy based, like no pacts just fighting :) would like to help in leadership particularly espionage but could just play as an ordinary alliance member :)
wished -Black Shadows- would make a return :p they were awesome in kappa.... (i think it was kappa not sure, quite a while ago... :p)

DeletedUser

Premades are not going to work in new worlds. to many of them come into the new worlds. its sad.

DeletedUser

I'd rather just play it out. Premades just sound like a way to secure your safety in the new world. You shouldn't need that if you know how to play. But then again, I've never been in a premade so I don't know exactly how they work. I also never plan to be part of one.
I'll probably be coming to this world when it starts. The speed 1 in Farsala is just cripplingly slow.

DeletedUser

all my alliances only have 2-3 pacts (big pacts) to make sure we have powerful friends to help us. butmy alliances always have the top 5 BP. usely in attcking.

Status
Not open for further replies.