Pre-World Zacynthus Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser19042

Thanks for the information OldDragon :) AS a relative newcomer to the game can I ask what 'Premades' are??

Premades are alliances created (made) before (pre-) the world is released/opened. People will try to gather good members before the new world is launched so they can get a good start in the world as alliance. This has as advantage that your alliance will be organised more than others, that are created at the launch itself.

DeletedUser

Due to the lack of settings and a world forum, premades are losing out on recruiting time

DeletedUser23222

Thanks for the information OldDragon :) AS a relative newcomer to the game can I ask what 'Premades' are??

If you look at past threads you will see much discussion on premades. You can also track the phenomenon on Grepostats. Just check the statistics and the map of a new world each day. You will see powerful organized alliances dropping into the core on Day 1, usually fairly intact from other worlds. These can only be premade since random recruiting would take more time. I am told this is now the winning strategy for Grepolis. The old timers complain and miss the days of solitary play. My experience is limited to speed 3 worlds, but those worlds seem to follow the premade strategy - since the recent worlds were won by experienced premades that started in the core. If you think it through - this seems logical for many reasons.

DeletedUser

If you look at past threads you will see much discussion on premades. You can also track the phenomenon on Grepostats. Just check the statistics and the map of a new world each day. You will see powerful organized alliances dropping into the core on Day 1, usually fairly intact from other worlds. These can only be premade since random recruiting would take more time. I am told this is now the winning strategy for Grepolis. The old timers complain and miss the days of solitary play. My experience is limited to speed 3 worlds, but those worlds seem to follow the premade strategy - since the recent worlds were won by experienced premades that started in the core. If you think it through - this seems logical for many reasons.

The core really isn't a good place to start, your surrounded by enemies, Its better for an alliance to try to join at the same time, to be close together and to be on the outskirts

DeletedUser23222

The core really isn't a good place to start, your surrounded by enemies, Its better for an alliance to try to join at the same time, to be close together and to be on the outskirts

The outskirts are also called the rim - which slowly expands outward until the world is closed by INNO. Indeed, a cohesive rim start will offer you early advantages. You may only have one front to defend and a period of time to develop before you come under sustained attack. But the long term prospects are less attractive. First, the core players will be more developed and the core winners will be much more powerful than you. Second, you will discover that the rim ocean has few decent targets. You will be capturing 2000 to 4000 pt cities while your core opponents are accumulating 8000 to 10000 pt cities. And many of your rim islands will be loaded with 175 pt stillborn cities. Worthless for conquest. Third, you need to fight to earn enough culture for more cities. The core offers sustained combat that lets you grow faster. Fourth, starting together is also more of a challenge if you have more than 8 players. INNO is supposed to scatter starters around the rim in the direction you select (I say supposed to cause there has been an awful bug in this feature). If you start on Day 1 the rim is short and you will be close. If you wait a week the rim could be hundreds of clicks long and you can be an ocean apart. Invites only work for one island and only if slots are available.
At some point you must challenge the core winners if you want to do more than just survive. If you don't start in the core it seems you are behind and then just fall farther behind.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The outskirts are also called the rim - which slowly expands outward until the world is closed by INNO. Indeed, a cohesive rim start will offer you early advantages. You may only have one front to defend and a period of time to develop before you come under sustained attack. But the long term prospects are less attractive. First, the core players will be more developed and the core winners will be much more powerful than you. Second, you will discover that the rim ocean has few decent targets. You will be capturing 2000 to 4000 pt cities while your core opponents are accumulating 8000 to 10000 pt cities. And many of your rim islands will be loaded with 175 pt stillborn cities. Worthless for conquest. Third, you need to fight to earn enough culture for more cities. The core offers sustained combat that lets you grow faster.

At some point you must challenge the core winners if you want to do more than just survive. If you don't start in the core it seems you are behind and then just fall farther behind.

Interesting point, and I forgot it's called the rim, I just returned to grepolis, also I dont mean all the way on the rim, I mean starting maybe a day late, or very late in the day, just so you don't get placed right in the middle

DeletedUser23222

Interesting point, and I forgot it's called the rim, I just returned to grepolis, also I dont mean all the way on the rim, I mean starting maybe a day late, or very late in the day, just so you don't get placed right in the middle

Yes. I call this "near core". It seems to have the best and worse of a core or rim start. The near core is still close to the core, but off to one side. To do this you must start a few days to a week after Day 1. If the unit speed is high you are still in the kill zone of the core alliances and they will be well ahead of you. You wont have early conquest and you will be forced to defend the core front and that puts you farther behind in your conquest development. The rim cities on your outer flank won't give you much conquest value. And near core placement is still tricky. Your pioneer players can still drop an ocean apart after just a few days.

DeletedUser

No, I dont want to join, I am starting my own alliance, and actually someone just de-repped me because they thought I wanted to join you. :( But I am just scouting competition, you dont seem to be very experienced. Maybe you should join an alliance, before you make one

DeletedUser

No, I dont want to join, I am starting my own alliance, and actually someone just de-repped me because they thought I wanted to join you. :( But I am just scouting competition, you dont seem to be very experienced. Maybe you should join an alliance, before you make one

4 years

DeletedUser

Yeah :p so what alliance will you make?

Yeah :)

Status
Not open for further replies.