Project: Forum Improvements

DeletedUser31385

What happened to the Poster of the Month comps? The PNP battles? The Literature comps? If they start up again, it might encourage some more posting.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
The answer to all 3 of those is simply that nobody was participating. Pebble was getting maybe 1 or 2 submissions each time he tried to run the literature comps. The poster and pnp comps had similar results. I can run them constantly but if nobody cares about them there isn't much point unfortunately.

DeletedUser31385

You could try sending an announcement out in-game asking people to join the forum.

DeletedUser5819

I think that was done before, prompting people ingame to join the forum. Not sure how much affect it had, nor for how long. Possibly it was an announcement at the start of a world, or when registering, I don't remember.

I would quite like some more of those types of things. We went from monthly to neverly. Maybe something quarterly?

The quizzes are fun too, figgy's anagrams are light and fun enough, though Rock steals the glory before I even see they are there :p.
I remember a couple of years back someone did guess the pixel. That was good too.

Hunt the admin was good, but necessarily only for the people in that world.

It could just be one thing at a time that we can all find and play with for a while without getting too serious.

I will try to participate in anything put up except for PnP, which really isn't my style.

DeletedUser31385

I can easily make more games and do them bimonthly if people would like. Can announce them ingame too.

Games would probably interest people and get this place booming once more.
Have you decided on the group subforum yet?

DeletedUser

I should say that my experience of recommending the forum to players I meet IG is that they don' think much of it.

They say the worlds are just too full of people fighting and trading petty insults that they don't see a reason to participate. This is why it is so annoying when people flame and ruin threads in world forums... It can have a much larger impact that posters imagine.

DeletedUser31385

You could put announcements out in-game saying that a poll or a competition is happening.
Are you still planning on doing a redo of the awards?

DeletedUser31385

I noticed there are some things that could use updating if you have the time to do it.

*Staff section (Threads needing closed)
*Worlds (Some need moved to closed section)

Last edited:

DeletedUser31385

Possibly add in forum achievements (Like there are in-game achievements). If this has merit, I could enlighten you more on what I mean.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Phoenix brought this up awhile ago and I pursued it but I was told we can't do it. No way to implement awards without changing each of the server's forums.

DeletedUser31385

Phoenix brought this up awhile ago and I pursued it but I was told we can't do it. No way to implement awards without changing each of the server's forums.

Maybe if other servers wanted to do it, it could be done. We could ask around and see. I have some ideas ready.

Last edited:

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
I got the go ahead to run more than 2 comps a month and there is something I want to try in regards to that which might help.

DeletedUser31385

I got the go ahead to run more than 2 comps a month and there is something I want to try in regards to that which might help.

Thanks Baudin! This will help a lot. I am interested to see what you have planned.

DeletedUser31385

Is there anyway that forums such as the ideas and bugs could get a little organization? I think this would help people out some.

DeletedUser31385

In regards to this, there will be some different competitions coming up soon so expect news in about a couple weeks for one. *hint: you already know what it is.