Project:Rising the Dead Externals...

DeletedUser30490

i guess,Still waiting for Richard to get back to me to go ahead with whatever :3
and in a few more months we wont be needing mods j.n.c active member counts down to 407
thanks anyways though

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
i guess,Still waiting for Richard to get back to me to go ahead with whatever :3
and in a few more months we wont be needing mods j.n.c active member counts down to 407
thanks anyways though

I know... I looked earlier :( I always try to encourage people to come on the external forums from Ingame, but the majority never do...

DeletedUser22115

Just look at Eubea :)

that is the only one half interesting other than a few guys ranting about idiotic things on pandosia and rhammus has rock5's daily update but the papers have slowed. P.S no offense to rock5 at all I enjoy reading but you burned yourself out and the number prize giveaway was not necessary and just spammed the thread. So Eubea is the only active forums really

DeletedUser

hahaha wow. This is ridicoulus.

For me when I was playing Grepo the externals were one of the best parts of the game. I remember on Pella and Corinth the externals were so active and it made the game alot more fun. I remember on Pella after posting a few pnp insulting an alliance and then sending an mm with links to the pnp having pretty much an entire alliance send me hate mail, quakes, and bolts. A few of them even joined the externals and went on crazy rages. The current forums seem to be lacking this kind of fun.

Druvi is trying to revive the forums and is then punished for it? Seriously inno, he is doing your job for you and trying to help you out. Then you ban him for it. Sadly this is typical for inno.

Anyway, this is a great idea Druvi. Glad someone is trying to do something to revive the externals since inno clearly don't care about the externals or their longtime/hardcore customer base. Anyway plus rep from me mate, I know it does really mean much, but it's something.

DeletedUser46395

I'm sure the moderating style has a lot to do with the lack of usage - it's so heavy-handed and inflexible. I've convinced people to use the forums, they've made a post, and then it's been deleted as spam because in the eyes of the moderator it's off-topic, or if they've posted an idea it's been closed and they've been told it's not in format, and the thread closed. I've been a moderator of a commercial magazine's website now for nearly 10 years, and we have a much more relaxed style of moderating, aimed at promoting people actually using the site.
Sure, the mods here enforce the rules, but they enforce them incredibly strictly and without thought of trying to encourage forum usage. IMHO, the spam definition here is utterly absurd. There are some topics where it makes sense to enforce threads staying on-topic - ideas, yes, bugs, and specific questions - but when we get into top 12s etc, so long as the debate remains reasonably pleasant, who cares if it's strictly on topic? Let it drift a bit, let conversations develop, and people will feel more at home here - and thus use it more.
And when it comes to ideas, instead of just closing them if they're not formatted, give a link to the instructions - it's only a matter of having a standard post in the Mods' area that you can cut and paste, but it makes the experience more user-friendly. Sure, if they don't come back and format it in a reasonable time, close it, but the mods should be there to help users and use of the forum, not discourage it. This is a great example - why did nobody tell Druvi he would be risking a ban with an MM like this? Fair enough if no mod had seen it, but they had. And given they had, and hadn't commented in advance on such an outcome, it's a poor show to then say the ban was deserved and right - guys, you let him down there.
In short, I think a less gung-ho approach to moderation would result in forums that were more lively.

In-game moderation is another matter; in general, I think it works a lot better, and probably needs to be more rigid than in the forums, but there has to be more transparency on exactly what a ban is for, IMHO.

DeletedUser

the mods on the forum are why no one comes here. this is not a script nor is it 1984 with big brother. the spam and insult definition is dumb and when the mods don't like something it gets removed. the point of this forum is not for it to be a neat and tidy library. No one wants to be told what they can and can't say. true there have to be boundaries (no over spamming, no vulgar language or anything like racism) but right now all you can do on the forum is agree with the mods more or less

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
the mods on the forum are why no one comes here. this is not a script nor is it 1984 with big brother. the spam and insult definition is dumb and when the mods don't like something it gets removed. the point of this forum is not for it to be a neat and tidy library. No one wants to be told what they can and can't say. true there have to be boundaries (no over spamming, no vulgar language or anything like racism) but right now all you can do on the forum is agree with the mods more or less

This post just broke my heart :( </3

DeletedUser46416

Very true. I think I'm about done with the forums. Too many posts of mine keep getting deleted.

DeletedUser

This post just broke my heart :( </3
ok maybe I am to mean when you consider mods do this for free but surely they don't enjoy stopping the players from having their fun. I am not saying we should fire all the mods but their operating procedure must be changed.

DeletedUser30490

i agree with person a wee little bit
the rules are enforced too strictly

i mean i got interacted for putting a gif once :D from dazlerr

DeletedUser43011

I think its astonishing when someone has volunteered to MOD and external forum for a popular game that turns around and states that they'e not sure an idea that brings people to the forum is such a good thing, I also think is astonishing that the original idea got passed to the Devs in 2011 after successfully passing a vote and yet nothing has been done.

For me Grepolis comes in 2 parts:

1) The game,
2) The forums.

Without each of them this game would be absolutely boring and as it stands now its verging on missing 1 of the 2 parts.

If Innos stance is that the externals and the game are 2 separate entities then why do they use this to guage player likes and deslikes, vote on ideas etc ?

If Inno feels these externals are part of the overall game then they should listen to those who play it and definitely those who pay !!

Inno needs to define and go firm on its stance.

DeletedUser5832

Just to clarify, this hasn't been forgotten, just pushed back. Ninepence has left, so its just myself and Baudin currently. I'll put something together in the coming weeks.

DeletedUser

Damn, what are you guys posting that it gets removed??

Have you seen the stuff we're posting in eubea forum? I can't believe I've not been banned a dozen times already. :D

I find the mod style very relaxed and flexible and they did explain they weren't happy about banning Druvi themselves but he did breach the rules and said so himself, he also appeared to understand and took it on the chin.

PS

No, Baudin, do not go and look at eubea, you'll freak, lol.

DeletedUser40768

Just to clarify, this hasn't been forgotten, just pushed back. Ninepence has left, so its just myself and Baudin currently. I'll put something together in the coming weeks.

Another mod gone, wow it feels like everyday the community is getting smaller :(

Kuriants don't discourage them from doing it, this forum is getting pretty lonely now :p

DeletedUser31385

That traitor! She was working with the Persian Empire all along! :Angry:
I am not fit to apply for the team as I don't meet some of the requirements.