Proof that Pandora's Box is a Lie

• Thread starter DeletedUser31931
  • Start date

DeletedUser36697

So when is the go-fund me page being set-up to take INNO to German Court?
Can we use the Forum to plan the court case...????.
should be the safest place in the world to talk about a case....
.ITS NOT LIKE INNO READS OR LISTENS TO WHAT IS BEING SAID IN THESE FORUMS
smiley_emoticons_skullhaufen.gif
smiley_emoticons_mttao_schuetze.gif

DeletedUser55887

Can we use the Forum to plan the court case...????.
should be the safest place in the world to talk about a case....
.ITS NOT LIKE INNO READS OR LISTENS TO WHAT IS BEING SAID IN THESE FORUMS
ahahaha I like this

DeletedUser31852

I have some German lawyer friends, but they said no lawyer would waste their time with this... maybe they’re not in the right field also

DeletedUser31931

And inno just ignores this problem until the event is over and players forget about how they have lied to us, manipulated the percentages, attempted one of the least convincing cover-ups in modern history, and scammed players like myself out of real, hard-earned money. Of course.

Ranga1

Strategos
And inno just ignores this problem until the event is over and players forget about how they have lied to us, manipulated the percentages, attempted one of the least convincing cover-ups in modern history, and scammed players like myself out of real, hard-earned money. Of course.

but did you continue spending money on it even though you were getting "scammed"????

DeletedUser55894

I just reread most of this sorry! Just realised yes, you knew you were getting scammed and still spent money. So your complaining about a scam while continuing to get scammed and paying to get scammed lol or are you just paying for the ability to complain?

Ranga i stopped spending much Gold a week before as i had 31 Trys for Box 34 (only 100g per Day to open a Box)

But the last boxes my luck was better (or inno changed something with the last patch^^) so i am now at 42 so perhaps 43 can also be closed.

ioisCTkXxFVTg9tx-Bereich.png

end of 40 stsrt of 41 was really strange^^

DeletedUser31931

I just reread most of this sorry! Just realised yes, you knew you were getting scammed and still spent money. So your complaining about a scam while continuing to get scammed and paying to get scammed lol or are you just paying for the ability to complain?
This event requires that the most money be spent in the beginning of the event. So after spending over 75% of the money required to finish this event and get the only good reward, box 40, I should have just stopped spending, and had the money I spent go to waste....? That's like going to a restaurant, paying for a 5 course meal, and leaving after the appetizer. I take it you haven't played this event much.

DeletedUser54192

Completely aside from the arguments on statistics, I'd like to point out something, @Tusc2010. Box 40 is not the only good reward. Yes, there are a lot of underpowered rewards in this event (as I have stated before). However there are quite a few decent rewards.

Boxes 10, 20, 30, 40 (the 2 week Pandora bonuses to resource production, recruitment, favour production and BP respectively) are all very useful. BP is definitely good, but that doesn't mean the others aren't as well.

Most of the Rituals are nice. Passionate Population and Nereids are always useful (and will be even more powerful when combined with Pandora's Guidance). Other Rituals look useful if used correctly (such as Chain Lightning), and this is possibly the only event which gets you access to the rarer rituals, so far as I know. Even with no gold usage and less browser-based activity than I would have liked, I've managed to obtain Passionate Population, Sudden Aid, Wedding Amongst Aristocrats and Divine Aura, which will all be useful if used tactically.

Land Expansions are brilliant in my opinion, due to the permanent nature of the bonus. Even a small one probably makes more difference than you think, if you look at the long term.

Rare/Epic Improved Favour Production tokens can be put to good tactical use (or just fun use, if you unleash them late game and get to use more spells than a Harry Potter novel).

Yes, the unit tokens are extremely small, and a number of the early rewards are copies or weaker versions of those available from island quests or the mystical goblet. However there are quite a few rewards in this event that can yield strong bonuses if used thoughtfully.

Ranga1

Strategos
This event requires that the most money be spent in the beginning of the event. So after spending over 75% of the money required to finish this event and get the only good reward, box 40, I should have just stopped spending, and had the money I spent go to waste....? That's like going to a restaurant, paying for a 5 course meal, and leaving after the appetizer. I take it you haven't played this event much.

No i stopped after first 2 boxes. Pathetic rewards for way too much effort. Why look at a menu and decide you don't like the food but buy it anyway?

DeletedUser31931

No i stopped after first 2 boxes. Pathetic rewards for way too much effort. Why look at a menu and decide you don't like the food but buy it anyway?
Oh I like the rewards, personally. Enough of a benefit without being overpowered or allowing players to spam fliers all over the place for cheap revolts/siege breaks. As @Kal Gordon points out, boxes 36 (+300 pop), 39 (double bp), and the rituals are all decent additions to boxes 20 and 40. I also like that we have the ability to use fake troops on the missions instead of real ones like last year.

My only complaint with this event is that all math points, beyond a reasonable doubt, to chances of success much lower than advertised.

DeletedUser34939

Ya might as well play the event while you're active. Even if rewards aren't great it's not like it actually takes a lot of effort to click a few boxes and move on with your life.

Gotta second what Tusc said. I think the rewards were pretty good. Someone who couldn't or wouldn't devote time and money into the event isn't going to get blown out of the water by someone who did and now has unlimited flier nukes. I can't fill my inventory with 2xBP tokens before the event ends and dominate the BP rankings because I had a little more cash to spend than the next guy.

DeletedUser31931

Gotta second what Tusc said. I think the rewards were pretty good. Someone who couldn't or wouldn't devote time and money into the event isn't going to get blown out of the water by someone who did and now has unlimited flier nukes. I can't fill my inventory with 2xBP tokens before the event ends and dominate the BP rankings because I had a little more cash to spend than the next guy.
Exactly. If Inno had just been honest with us about what the chances of success really were, I wouldn't be complaining at all.

The rewards are less than from past events, but they are still decent, especially the ones for top 3. I am 100% going to get first place on the world I play, even if I stop right now, but I'll freely admit that the 40 days worth of +30% LS buffs are a bit overpowered. I am going to tactfully spread out when I use these, and have +30% lightship bonus AND +20% island-quest attack boost AND +10% tyches enlightenment AND +10% favorable winds on every one of my major LS attacks. That is 3-6 months of +70% bonus on my lightship attacks...

There could be an exciting battle for these tokens going on right now; I could be setting timers to make sure I am on when it finishes, pulling an all-nighter so I am fully efficient, engaging in some friendly banter with the competition, etc. I love the excitement and gradual adrenaline that kind of close finish brings. But no...nobody else on the server I play is even spending gold anymore. They've all more or less given up on the event after becoming more and more discouraged by their underwhelming results and endless "bad luck" caused by the false chances shown. Not only does this cut into inno's profits via them not buying gold to spend on this event, but I too have no reason to buy gold when I am guaranteed to get first anyways.

DeletedUser4945

Ok, as this event comes to a close, here are my subjective observations as a first-time pursuer of the top prize in an event (in a dying world, so the competition is lower.)

In the first phase of the event, it seemed that buying troops was essential for continuing, as they ran out quickly. In the second phase, the fail rate seemed ridiculous, discouraging many from even trying (and spending gold to try). In the 3rd phase, the success rate seemed to match the success probability more closely (although successive wins were rare) and troops were plentiful, so the drive to spend gold was on opening boxes early and reducing mission times.

I think I will win with top points in my world, but will end up at only box 37 or 38, despite my best efforts and decent gold spending to reach 40. I have heard that on Istros there will be multiple players reaching 40 and beyond. The amount of gold they must have spent to do that is mind-boggling.

I am with Tusc. The rewards are fine - and really helpful on the 10s. Not sure what I'll do with all those LS boosts, but I'll try to end Sely with a bang. lol It does level the game with fewer myth awards available, which I am fine with.

The frustration has been the real or perceived fail rate, especially in the middle of the game, and the impossibility of a player like me who is willing to put RL on hold and spend gold - but not too much - to reach the ultimate goal to actually reach 40. It would be nice for Inno to reward players like me with that possibility and let the super gold spenders get bragging rights and whatever unicorn tokens that lie beyond 40. They only adjustment they would need to make for this would be to either reduce mission times or raise success rates, especially in the middle of the game.

Also, I do think that this is a positive change to the event in that we're not using actual troops and putting a hold on the fighting games in our worlds. Thanks for that! :)

DeletedUser52075

i dind't waste any gold (cuz i have nothing of it.) and reach box 31. i don't think someone without gold can reach box 40 ... honestly .
i was in the game more than 18 hours .. and wake up somedays just to close that crapy bo. and it is just imposibble
if inno wanted to make a challenge .. they did it very well . but it seems they just wanted people to spend gold .

DeletedUser43733

Exactly. If Inno had just been honest with us about what the chances of success really were, I wouldn't be complaining at all.

The rewards are less than from past events, but they are still decent, especially the ones for top 3. I am 100% going to get first place on the world I play, even if I stop right now, but I'll freely admit that the 40 days worth of +30% LS buffs are a bit overpowered. I am going to tactfully spread out when I use these, and have +30% lightship bonus AND +20% island-quest attack boost AND +10% tyches enlightenment AND +10% favorable winds on every one of my major LS attacks. That is 3-6 months of +70% bonus on my lightship attacks...

There could be an exciting battle for these tokens going on right now; I could be setting timers to make sure I am on when it finishes, pulling an all-nighter so I am fully efficient, engaging in some friendly banter with the competition, etc. I love the excitement and gradual adrenaline that kind of close finish brings. But no...nobody else on the server I play is even spending gold anymore. They've all more or less given up on the event after becoming more and more discouraged by their underwhelming results and endless "bad luck" caused by the false chances shown. Not only does this cut into inno's profits via them not buying gold to spend on this event, but I too have no reason to buy gold when I am guaranteed to get first anyways.

Yeah sorry to tell you about this pal, but unless it was changed, 1 ls buff is only for 1 city lol

DeletedUser31931

Yeah sorry to tell you about this pal, but unless it was changed, 1 ls buff is only for 1 city lol
Yep, all depends on how far along a world is. On mine, that hardly makes a difference at the moment.

DeletedUser31852

but surely in 2 or even 3 months it will be a lot more far a long so that it does make a difference? I mean 6 months on 20 one city buffs is long