Propaganda

DeletedUser

Defiance on new server Gela
19 members moved from Olympia

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH winning the war and the stuff did not even hit the fan yet... poor Defiance so much for their thining up to be more compact and dangerous....

this was easier than Unknowns with Transient.... gosh this might turn out to be the easiest war ever between 2 highly active alliances!

Not so fast. I see no war. Orestos took a vacant city and they attacked it. You have taken no Defiance cities and they have taken none of yours. You have not been in a "war" since the Unknowns, however I will give credit where credit is due - The United MRA attacks on you all deserve respect. The fact only a few cities were taken shows you have a good team.

DeletedUser

Allow me to refer TAGGED and the rest of Defiance to the thread I created under The Acropolis on October 2nd:

Grepolis Gold Prices Increased

Ironically - the recent move by INNO will not even out the gulf between the two camps - it will widen it. Some of the premium players (those with a trust fund or jobs and serious disposable income) will purchase gold at the same rate and retain a significant competitive advantage. Some spends hundreds of dollars/Euros a month to build up a monster account. A 25% increase won't matter to these gold hounds. And the non-premium players will still free-load. BUT.... the poor players who attempt to keep up with the big spenders by making occasional gold purchases at critical times will be discouraged or priced out. INNO has squeezed its "middle class" of players - and I think this is ultimately a bad tactic although we can only wait to see.

...and my reply

Old Dragon makes an excellent point. If Inno wanted to stop the gold hounds with trust funds, they'd simply have to raise the minimum unit training time from 20 seconds to 40 or 60 seconds. It wouldn't affect grepo's "middle class", but would hinder those with unlimited monetary resources.

Does these sound like the remarks of a wallet warrior? Still think I spend $200/day?

DeletedUser

That's irrelevant. Most of the casualties were Pfa74's and he most definitely burns a lot of gold. In fact, much of Defiance uses gold. Get over it.

As a matter of fact the only gold I use is on the Administrator, Merchant, Commander and Captain and renewing those 4.. I dont use gold on unit builds times, building build times or Olympics.. So if thats "burning a lot of Gold" what do you call your spending?

DeletedUser

Everyone's missing the point.

Most people were drawn to this 'game' by ads - I was. A banner ad as a matter of fact, advertising the game as 'free to play.'

For instance- What's the last words of this commercial?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TkGmj1DUX0

To play this 'game' with any amount of real dedication, you need to be on top of it at least 18 hours a day - checking in, building, etc. for at least about 1 year and a half.

If you do the math, that come to about 9,855 total hours of maintaining the 'game' per person. Or about 411 days of your life. Or 1.1 years - of monitoring.

Then you have the 'alarm clock' launches or dodges in the middle of the night, etc.

That's a heck of a lot of effort for the over 4,000+ players on Olympia alone.

Most people do this thinking it's a game - where strategy, planning, perseverance, dedication, study, math, charts, calculations, etc. will reward the them with success.

But when you find out that someone can just 'buy' their strength -- and how lopsided that it can make the 'game' -- and all those hours and years of work & dedication are actually worthless because someone can just use money 'strategically' (that's a laugh, but I'll use it) to overwhelm all the time put into the game... you sit there and think, "What's the point?"

If that's the case, this 'game' ought to be played exclusively by the Branson's, Gates', Zuckerberg's, Rothchild's, Rockefeller's, etc. of this world, who can stand a chance at competing against one another fairly.

For the rest, they are just cannon fodder for the big spenders.

And if the rest ever figure that out, after putting so much effort into it, there's going to be a lot of very unhappy people.

--

All that is bad enough, but then you then have the people who can and do spend lots of money on this game then they think that they are doing so great. OMG.. THAT is what really ticks people off: The arrogance! -- It's unearned in the sense of what a 'game' would mean. -- But there is still arrogance. Unbelievable!

If anyone is going to put 'that' much money into this game, and then think that they are so good at playing a game to where they can talk down to people because 'they' are so 'great' and others 'don't know what they are doing.' -- It's just ridiculous!

If you pay for your strength : You pay for your strength -- Simple as that. -- You're not 'good.' -- Wow... this is like 1 + 1 = 2 simple.

--

And for the record, I don't 'buy' gold at all.

--

And since people like to post in-game messages here in these external forums, and it seems to be permitted, then here is one I recieved from OrestesOfArgos after he launched 250 LS at me:

OrestesOfArgos said:
RackAttack

I'm just warmin up...by all means, please continue to talkabout how I'm a spoiled brat that bought the entire server.

I forgot to get a screenshot, so I have no idea how many biremes I killed, but I'm pretty sure that stung a little. I've got plenty more where that came from. If you continue being disrespectful I may get my cronies to join in on the party.

Orestes

See what I mean. That 'appears' to me to be 'arrogance' .. just an observation though. I could be wrong. ;)

Wow.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

RackAttack was verbally attacking me. I responded with a random light ship nuke and luck was in my favor. So what? He deserved retaliation. At least I replied with troops instead of cheap words on the forum.

DeletedUser

Luck wasnt on your side.. We killed all 250LS you sent.. Birs are easier to rebuild then LS

DeletedUser

With a 20 hour travel time I didn't expect them to come back.

DeletedUser29371

Not so fast. I see no war. Orestos took a vacant city and they attacked it. You have taken no Defiance cities and they have taken none of yours. You have not been in a "war" since the Unknowns, however I will give credit where credit is due - The United MRA attacks on you all deserve respect. The fact only a few cities were taken shows you have a good team.

Thats the funny part.... before we launch our planning war they will leave... this war might be the fastest ending war ever.... And thats alot to say considering even Unknowns MRA noobies lasted longer than Defiance who claim to be skilled and knowing how to win world....

As a matter of fact the only gold I use is on the Administrator, Merchant, Commander and Captain and renewing those 4.. I dont use gold on unit builds times, building build times or Olympics.. So if thats "burning a lot of Gold" what do you call your spending?

So Pfa dont you think using these 4 advisors is again an UNEVEN field compared to those who use 0 ???

This is what i want to debate.... you dont feel bad for attacking and conquering players who use 0 gold and you dont say '' hey i got 4 advisors i know its uneven but heck thats the game...'' you simply claim it as victory... just like Orestes does... he just has more gold than all of you. (or is willing to spend more)

You know what id wish to have..... ability to read Defiance forum/skype the day Orestes founded city and they failed and seen that wall rebuilt etc....

This should've been amusing.

Most people do this thinking it's a game - where strategy, planning, perseverance, dedication, study, math, charts, calculations, etc. will reward the them with success.

But when you find out that someone can just 'buy' their strength -- and how lopsided that it can make the 'game' -- and all those hours and years of work & dedication are actually worthless because someone can just use money 'strategically' (that's a laugh, but I'll use it) to overwhelm all the time put into the game... you sit there and think, "What's the point?"

If that's the case, this 'game' ought to be played exclusively by the Branson's, Gates', Zuckerberg's, Rothchild's, Rockefeller's, etc. of this world, who can stand a chance at competing against one another fairly.

For the rest, they are just cannon fodder for the big spenders.

I seriously do not understand your point RackAttack...

Did you ever blame your own alliance members for spending any gold in the game ??? I mean the fact is

Major gold users > moderate gold users > minor gold users > NONE gold users

So far Defiance was at the highest end of food chain now someone stepped in who is bigger than all your alliance combined and you feel cheated, ignoring the fact that I am 100% some of Defiance members defeated none gold users WHILE spending gold on advisors and more and noone was vocal about it.

Just this time its YOU who are being pummeled by gold using not the other way around.

If you want equal palying field go play a subscription based game not the model used by Grepolis. If you all were so smart as you claim to be, you ought to know that freemium is pay to win. It always was and always will be.

This is where we can stop the debate because its how it will be.

DeletedUser

A tactic is method intended to gain a specific objective in the context of an overall plan. "Tactics" is the general study and application these methods, militarily, politically, and otherwise. The reactive and specific nature of tactics is often seen in contrast with the pre-emptive and general nature of strategy.

A strategy is a plan of action designed to achieve a specific goal. Strategy is all about gaining (or being prepared to gain) a position of advantage over adversaries or best exploiting emerging possibilities. As there is always an element of uncertainty about the future, strategy is more about a set of options ("strategic choices") than a fixed plan. It derives from the Greek "στρατηγία" (strategia), "office of general, command, generalship".[1]

First you got tactics and strategy misplaced (a fact) and spending more GOLD than you is STRATEGY indeed... thats also a fact

id bring you comparison with WWII but i dont want it because FOTNS will prolyl delete it but maybe you can figure it out... it screams USA production capabilities.

Theres truth in this and being in the military you understand it, but even as a civilian you can see the theory of it all. Looking at militaristic movements and defensive points comes all down to money technically. When doing a tour overseas we run supplies in order to keep the army fed and well stocked in case of emergency ( Just like trading resources here) Some of our supply convoys can take anywhere from 1 week - 1 month (usually the longest, at least that ive been through) and we have to stop obviously and set up camps. Setting up camps occurs on our longer runs in between our operating bases or checkpoints. So say every 3 days we set up a new operations base to get our supplies secured for the night and to keep troops safe. When this occurs there is a perimeter wall that goes up with barb wire and then about 20 bunks, a CO tent and our convoy site (all this is not cheap). So getting to the point a little more, this is all part of our strategy or tactics to deliver our resources safely. The same process occurs when we are on a recon mission or any opposition movements. What makes all of that work to the point where we dont lose that many men and allows us to win almost all of our fights is the fact that we can spend the money to defend all of our bases. And we always keep spending money to get the newest and best equipment. So really Its no different then what has been done in this game. He is spending his money to secure a position. Your mad because you couldn't defeat that base and in return make a big deal out of the gold he uses.

If i rambled im sorry. I typed this over like 30 minutes on and off while at work and lost track a couple times :p

DeletedUser

Well, then here. Here's is the absolute best "strategy" possible then:

1.) You buy from IG the server that runs en39-Olympia. I'm sure the actual computer.. the server (actual computer hardware) will be cheaper to buy than buying all the gold for your other "strategy."

2.) You then lock everyone else out of their accounts on en39-Olympia and have free reign to allow only "cronies" in and then take over ALL the cities you want - completely eliminating enemy resistance.

3.) You bask in the glory of your intelligently strategic operation, and how good you are at strategy in this game.

Excellent strategy I'd say.

Complete enemy elimination in one fell swoop!

Then, you are the best of the best! Good job!

DeletedUser

1.) You buy from IG the server that runs en39-Olympia. I'm sure the actual computer.. the server (actual computer hardware) will be cheaper to buy than buying all the gold for your other "strategy."

2.) You then lock everyone else out of their accounts on en39-Olypia and have free reign to allow only "cronies" in and then take over ALL the cities you want - completely eliminating enemy resistance.

3.) You bask in the glory of your intelligently strategic operation, and how good you are at strategy in this game.

Not a bad idea. You have the number of whom to contact about purchasing this such server?

DeletedUser30767

O.K. 2 cents from my side too ...

First of all, I was a non gold/premium user myself when I played this game ...
Also, i have sparred with Orestos many times on forums about premium issues such as grepolympia,etc. ..

That being said, I do have to point out that Orestos has skill ..

For example, take the case of cheating in exams .... You may think its very easy but a lot of courage and skill too goes ... You have to make sure you are not caught because normally penalties are severe ..

Similarly, You can have all the money in the world but no sense on how to spend it .. Whereas, if you know how to make each cent count ... then only you can be termed a good player ...

Another good example can be taken of is that of Wal - Mart.

Plus, if defiance sends over 100 attacks for 1 city then why talk about level playing field ?? I never saw this argument while you were part of LOS .. That time you outnumbered Paragon ~ 5 : 1/6 : 1.. What about then??

And dont think i am defending orestos attitude ... he does have a bit of roughness (bit is an underestimation orestos :p ) but because (i think so) most of the time other people kept defaming him while not respecting his skill which he does possess, gold or no gold ..

As for attacks on FOTNS, i really felt depressed that he can be accused of partialism or mouthing off ...He remains one of the coolest people i have seen on forums, judging by their posts ...
Really really sad ... :(

DeletedUser

Also, i have sparred with Orestos many times on forums about premium issues such as grepolympia,etc. ..

For example, take the case of cheating in exams .... You may think its very easy but a lot of courage and skill too goes ... You have to make sure you are not caught because normally penalties are severe ..

Similarly, You can have all the money in the world but no sense on how to spend it .. Whereas, if you know how to make each cent count ... then only you can be termed a good player ...

Plus, if defiance sends over 100 attacks for 1 city then why talk about level playing field ?? I never saw this argument while you were part of LOS .. That time you outnumbered Paragon ~ 5 : 1/6 : 1.. What about then??

And dont think i am defending orestos attitude ... he does have a bit of roughness (bit is an underestimation orestos :p ) but because (i think so) most of the time other people kept defaming him while not respecting his skill which he does possess, gold or no gold ..

As for attacks on FOTNS, i really felt depressed that he can be accused of partialism or mouthing off ...He remains one of the coolest people i have seen on forums, judging by their posts ...
Really really sad ... :(

Lol about the cheating in exams and the money - Poor examples.. :p

The only reason I'm not putting my say against Orestes is because Defiance use gold probably, it seems a tad hypercritical. Orestes didn't get to the top of the world on gold alone, that's an argument in his favour. However, gold does give a massive boost and he wouldn't be where he is now without premium, but if that's his play style then w.e.

And yeah guys, don't turn on FOTNS. He's not here for opinions, don't make this into a kids things where FOTNS is the mum and you're saying 'Why did he get more sweets than me?!'

DeletedUser29371

2.) You then lock everyone else out of their accounts on en39-Olympia and have free reign to allow only "cronies" in and then take over ALL the cities you want - completely eliminating enemy resistance.

No its not... Because that way you cannot make rage quit or make angry hundreds of people who dislike when player is better than them and looks for countless arguments why...

You know what awards us the most? When Ballzach claims we are far from winning world (which is true time wise but he means differently) when he says Paragon is loosing power when in truth its again differently... Its fun when Pfa says we are an afterthought and then we get 100 attacks on 1 2k founded city (i wonder what an actual thought might get then :D ) Its funny when Fussy runs into VM in fear of being conquered for X times... Its fun when Transient could not keep with us and fake revolting and then reading my spy reports about how they are sending support all over thats useless.

Those are the things that are priceless...

And dont think i am defending orestos attitude ... he does have a bit of roughness (bit is an underestimation orestos ) but because (i think so) most of the time other people kept defaming him while not respecting his skill which he does possess, gold or no gold ..

Exactly... and why do the do this.

Its an ongoing long time known effect. I knew this would happen since the day i joined Paragon AND get to know Orestes better. Its a social thing.

If we go into practical analysis...

Why does none of those players say Enigma or HK have no skill when in truth we possess equal or very similar skill? Because they do not say things on forum and make others look nooby... they keep that for themselves or share it with tight circle of people.

Generally people DISLIKE and will do anything to try and deduct people, who have skill and MONEY and above all KNOW and understand they have skill and money to win, into worthless.

Because the worst thing for majority of gamers is a person who is better than them and has arrogance because he know he is.

They can handle arrogant noobies or newbs because they show them the thing on battlefield and say ''hah you see you aint that good stop lying''

They can handle rich spoiled brats who spam gold but have 0 brains because they outsmart them

But its nothing they can do (except try to annoy him on forums or via messages) about a player who is equally (or more) smart as them and has a bigger wallet.

And that hurts them, because they keep seeing or hear about him and his arrogance and they cannot do anything to counter his deeds but try to call him names and make him mad or try to turn words to present he has no skill, because then they can live better saying ''heh maybe he can win but in truth we are still so much better)

I seen this kind of response of people in other games... especially RTS and FPS... they immediatley call CHEATER or arrogant when you win them 5 times go all defensive.

DeletedUser17088

In all fairness though, I am one of the first members of the Moderation team to stand up and say "Premium has gone too far"

I said it when they introduced the 'troop reduction' and the 'Phoenician trader'

that being said, I earned 500 gold yesterday doing the 'free' offers in the premium section (the place to earn some coins for surveys etc)

so 500 gold + 2k of my 'mod' pay = 2500 this month

That is a meager amount compared to what others consume BUT i have had 0 issues competing ;) its how you use your gold and not how much, I would also not complain to someone using 100k gold a month, why? because its their money :D I dont find myself envious of other blokes my age when they have more playstation games than me :D

DeletedUser

I NORMALLY don't put my own 2 cents in, but I have to say this.

Those "free" offers have popped back as being Bad websites, according to both Avast! and Vipre, both which are virus detectors, so I can't do those offers. I've only purchased gold ONCE and have not purchased since then.

Btw, Orest, Rack wasn't bad mouthing you. He was REFERRING to your alliance name on World Gela.

That is my 2 copper, so to speak.

DeletedUser

Taka, i agree on that, as these offeres are country specific ( i had different offers when i played from HongKong, Europe and America),
in Brasil for example,
you ALWAYS have to enter your cell number and then they send you the code or passowrd or link or whatever via SMS.
I never did it, as i dont want my cell number to be in any crazy maketing system,
but i am quite sure, they might send one or two comercials with it ( and after it and never stop)
or they ask you to install software or toolbars and one time i did it and still,
always "Babylon" is my first website and i can not uninstall it anywhere and even i change the starting website in the browser menu,
it keeps the same even i change back to my favorite site.
Luckily, that was on my computer in the bathroom, so no problem, but the fact stays,
these are bad sites and i will advice everybody NEVER to use them and myself will never use them again... so much for "FREE" gold in Brasil...
20 Gold and a computer full of virus and crazy stuff,sounds like a good deal... Not!!!