PSI Wars

DeletedUser

you guys should all have peace and be a point whore like me. :)

lol this comment is redundant for 2 reason.

1) this is a war's thread so peace will be accpeted.

2) if your at peace with the world how do you manage to take new citys?

P.S glad to see your admitting your a PW that's the first step, next we need you fighting 50k alliances then we will work up from there. Lozza is on hand if you need any pointers, she has a large fleet and knows how to work her assets. ;)

DeletedUser9816

not if you do % of BP per player points :) see the positives lozza lol

DeletedUser

Not to disagree with the posts about winning through defense, but it is dead wrong. I can see how it may seem like a victory, but at best you only gain time. In no case does anyone win by simply defending. At best you hold what you have....you gain no ground...you gain no riches...the only thing you can hope for is that the opponent is weak enough or tired enough to stop the attacks. It is only through offense that the gains are made.

I would give the example from history of the Alamo or the 300 Spartans...they did not win nor did they gain anything....they lost badly. It was only through the offensive campaigns following their losses that real victory was accomplished.

So, by all means, defend so long as you can...I, and people like me, will not rest, nor will we stop...eventually your defenses will fail you and we will feast in your halls.

In the meantime, happy hunting to all, and to all good BP.

DeletedUser

lol this comment is redundant for 2 reason.

1) this is a war's thread so peace will be accpeted.

2) if your at peace with the world how do you manage to take new citys?

P.S glad to see your admitting your a PW that's the first step, next we need you fighting 50k alliances then we will work up from there. Lozza is on hand if you need any pointers, she has a large fleet and knows how to work her assets. ;)

Hey so I was trying to lighten it up and add humor by being sarcastic. maybe you just don't get it.

Plus I always conquer cities from other alliances so your second point and your PS point doesn't make sense.

DeletedUser

Not to disagree with the posts about winning through defense, but it is dead wrong. I can see how it may seem like a victory, but at best you only gain time. In no case does anyone win by simply defending. At best you hold what you have....you gain no ground...you gain no riches...the only thing you can hope for is that the opponent is weak enough or tired enough to stop the attacks. It is only through offense that the gains are made.

I would give the example from history of the Alamo or the 300 Spartans...they did not win nor did they gain anything....they lost badly. It was only through the offensive campaigns following their losses that real victory was accomplished.

So, by all means, defend so long as you can...I, and people like me, will not rest, nor will we stop...eventually your defenses will fail you and we will feast in your halls.

In the meantime, happy hunting to all, and to all good BP.

Not to disagree with your post, but I completely disagree with it. What people like yourself forget is that this game isn't a 1v1 endeavor. It's not merely one alliance attacking another alliance. Here are a few examples (some more likely than others -- and none necessarily applicable to this world) that prove that the defensively-oriented claim isn't "dead wrong" (aka. you're wrong).

• Alliance A is in pact with Alliance B. Alliance A is taking hits from Alliance C and builds defensively while alliance B kicks Alliance C in the nuts.
  • Alliance C, like all alliances, loses tons of active players while Alliance A plays defensively.
  • DBP from temporary defense allows Alliance A to have the CP to expand. (Even though both alliances will get roughly the equal amounts of BP, albeit the defensive alliance should get more, since city slots grow exponentially it's always in favor of the lower-BP alliance/player.)

tldr

You're not very bright for ever arguing something is "dead wrong" (in other words: "never right"). It's usually not true. I'm never disappointed by the lack of quality in the grepolis community.

DeletedUser

I hope your not close to dis ingame, cos if you are you're about to get proven wrong ;)

DeletedUser

In case you didn't catch that....You actually make my arguement for me by your example. You state that the "defending" alliance (alliance A) wins, but without the Offense of the other alliance (allaince B) they don't win anything. So, you defend, I will come over to your city....you can defend as much as you want....if I am strong enough and have the resolve to accomplish the task...you will not win. It will require you to attack me, or have someone else do it, to win anything.

No one ever "won" anything by defending.

DeletedUser

True, but there is something rather heroic about a dogged defence; the UK remember Dunkirk, Australia celebrates the ANZAC defeat at Gallipoli. And to prove your point, after the retreat of Dunkirk came the offence of the UK invasion of Normandy (eventually) and the rest was history. :)

DeletedUser

In my experience offensive players defend better as they can time a snipe :) seen the odd defender do it but usually it's offensive ones. Defenders tend to rely on a stack.

DeletedUser

Hey so I was trying to lighten it up and add humor by being sarcastic. maybe you just don't get it.

Plus I always conquer cities from other alliances so your second point and your PS point doesn't make sense.

lol i got it i was just cranking your tail.

and my P.S was my attempt to add humor maybe you were too annoyed to get it :p

Sorry got to disagree with 2.0 it is possible to win by defending and simville only. The likely hood of it happaning is very slim because the defender would eventally become large and start to attack

DeletedUser

you got me... i didn't get the sarcasm. It was lost in translation.

I agree with you that a solid defender/point whore/greposim player can win, but I hardly doubt it. They won't have a chance if the alliance attacking them are organized and active.

And at some point, those players/alliances will at one point have to fight. If they don't have the perquisite experience seasoned from many battles, they won't stand a chance, unless for some miraculous work of the Greek Gods, they have the aid of the real Ares, Athena and Zeus.

DeletedUser

I love circular logic....Once again you make my point...

Sorry got to disagree with 2.0 it is possible to win by defending and simville only. The likely hood of it happaning is very slim because the defender would eventally become large and start to attack

Your point is that the "Defender" wins....but only when the "Defender" becomes Offensive. On the chance that you are being funny...I applaud your humor.

DeletedUser

Since this is the wars thread let me update on the WARS.

Nah I'm just kidding.

Let me just enlighten you all on how to be big and strong.

Step 1 get a job
step 2 get your paycheck
step 3 waste it all on gold
step 4 for the next few months live with your mum to have more money to spend on gold
step 5 run 50 Olympic games weekly
step 6 Your a Pchung

Thank you all for checking out my Road to success tutorial.

Regards,

Jose The Gardener

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

step 6 Your a Pchung

Regards,

Jose The Gardener

It's pronounced "You're" not "your". I'm glad you correct people's grammar (like PrincessLozza's) in such an insulting manner and then go on to commit an even worse sin over here.

DeletedUser

It's pronounced "You're" not "your". I'm glad you correct people's grammar (like PrincessLozza's) in such an insulting manner and then go on to commit an even worse sin over here.

Eye wuld rairly kall dat ay insoltin maner sow if eye waz u eye wuld wach it u littel ......... be4 I ....... and .......... and den.................

P.S lozzy knows I wuv her <3 and for a Arab my grammar seems to be way better then most of you anyway so guess I'm a winner.

Double P.S If you think I'm rude, that song "Rude boy" by Rihanna just a tip. SHE WAS SINGING ABOUT ME!

Regards,

Pete the hungry clown FEAAARRR MEEEE

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Since this is the wars thread let me update on the WARS.

Nah I'm just kidding.

Let me just enlighten you all on how to be big and strong.

Step 1 get a job
step 2 get your paycheck
step 3 waste it all on gold
step 4 for the next few months live with your mum to have more money to spend on gold
step 5 run 50 Olympic games weekly
step 6 Your a Pchung

Regards,

Jose The Gardener

LOL.

I liked where you were going with this until I became step 6!! :eek:

It's okay, I'm stepping it up. I just had a day where I had two city processions. I'm still confused though... why do my swordsman not kill anyone?