Public Coalition Against...

DeletedUser

MRAs!!!

MRAs are going to be all over the place in this world. It has a world speed of 1, and a 250 alliance cap.

250!

I would rather we serious players do our best to keep this world from having another El Dorado (see Athens).

:rolleyes: That was annoying.

Anyway, it will pretty obvious when the first MRA gets going in Byzantium.

Anyone else on board with taking down whoever is in the lead MRA after BP expires?

Nintz

P.S. I have nothing against MRAs in general, but these settings were tailor-made for them! The serious players won't be able to expierience the world without getting spammed by noobs at every corner! This is just in the competitive nature of the game, too. Not trying to pick on anybody or anything.

After all, :pro:

EXCEPTION LIST
These aliances are not MRAs (as far as we know).
They are serious players, therefore not eligible to be our target(s).

-Byzantine Empire

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14437

I will be in but I will be called MRA, I am inviting only who I know though, I know a lot of people.

DeletedUser

Your'e leading the Byzantine Empire, right Edwardicus?

I'll make a little exception list for serious, yet large alliances.

DeletedUser

Im totally with you Nintz...although having bunches of MRA's isnt too bad in the beginning of the game. Sometimes they can be helpful for taking cities and farming so you can get going quickly. Elitists for the win! lol jk

DeletedUser

if there is tonnes of MRA's in the first couple of weeks there is good points and bad:

Good Points:
Easy BP & Farms
PnP's like the ones Spartaprime makes after destroying El Dorado

Bad Points:
The Take Up The Top 12 Alliances with there nooby alliances
They are the center of attention ingame and here on the forums.
They might have good players(Very Few) and there terrible players hold them back

DeletedUser20492

So the title of this thread should read:
"Let's all get together as experienced players and gang up on those who can barely play this game, despite the fact that we dont really want to play in these settings, and we already know how this world will start"

Maybe "I dont like the settings, and I dont like that this world is tailor-made for n00bs and MRAs, so I will be content with the Worlds I already play in and leave this for a "Beginner's World" in the hopes I will get some worthy opponents out of the deal" could become a new theme for Byzantium? Oh no, thats right, we would much rather make ourselves feel like we know what we're doing by beating on defenseless players.

Maybe one of these times I repeat myself someone will actually catch on? Or possibly even grow a conscience and stop acting like schoolyard bullies?

Probably not, though, since then you might actually get some serious competition, and heaven forbid you actually have to EARN your "fearsome" reputations

DeletedUser

Did you see my P.S. note hatsnboots?

I think I will like these settings very much personnally, but if there are nothing but 100s of MRAs, do you think it will be any fun for me or any other players who want to expeirience this world?

I'm not tallking about a nonstop war on MRAs either, just a takedown on whoever forms a 150+ member alliance in only the first week. I'm not trying to be a bully, as I mentioned previously.

I apologize that I seem to have offended you, but I see potential in this world and don't want it spoiled.

Nintz

DeletedUser

This is a game!

So the title of this thread should read:
"Let's all get together as experienced players and gang up on those who can barely play this game, despite the fact that we dont really want to play in these settings, and we already know how this world will start"

Maybe "I dont like the settings, and I dont like that this world is tailor-made for n00bs and MRAs, so I will be content with the Worlds I already play in and leave this for a "Beginner's World" in the hopes I will get some worthy opponents out of the deal" could become a new theme for Byzantium? Oh no, thats right, we would much rather make ourselves feel like we know what we're doing by beating on defenseless players.

Maybe one of these times I repeat myself someone will actually catch on? Or possibly even grow a conscience and stop acting like schoolyard bullies?

Probably not, though, since then you might actually get some serious competition, and heaven forbid you actually have to EARN your "fearsome" reputations

Normally i would agree with you if this was RL but since this is a game i cant get into the idea of experienced players like me being called "school yard bullies" for enjoying the game. Im a nice person as im sure most of the rest of us are but :pro: and this is a GAME.

DeletedUser

I think you are all underestimating the threat MRAS can pose. With a good leader they can be very dangerous. All it takes for an MRA to be lead by a good leader. If the leader can get the alliance to coordinate their attacks against the enemy effectively, have the full(or majority) of support from the members, good, strong and loyal allies may be enough for them to be able to defeat most if not all alliances at this stage.

A good example would be Hogs Of Destiny. It does humour me to see alliances bragging about how they are going take over oceans when the world hasn't even started. Most of them follow the same Mentally ed. They either get rimmed, farmed or disbanded.

I for one enjoys MRA. Why lead an alliance of 20? You'll only have 20 friends when you can have a 100 friends perhaps. I for one will not join any of the alliances here as most of them seem pretty rubbish

DeletedUser

True, but you are arguing on principle of exception.

Most MRAs have poor leadership. They have little communication. Many people don't even feel like those in the same alliance are their friends.

As for large alliances, absolutely. A 200 member alliance is awesome. However, it's only cool if the 200 members are people just as devoted as you are. If over half of those people play only occasionally, and not seriously, you have a bad alliance on your hands.

MRAs are, in my opinion, a good concept. Just like communism. (And we all know how that ended)

DeletedUser

So if this alliance is made I'll join but I'm just wondering what compass direction to choose.

DeletedUser20764

MRA's created in the first few hours can be very powerful due to only the experienced or active waiting on their toes for a world to open and joining with swift growth... so core MRA's often have a very experienced core....

DeletedUser

So if this alliance is made I'll join but I'm just wondering what compass direction to choose.

This isn't actually an alliance per se.

It is just a loose confederation of players across multiple alliances that have agreed to take down whoever manages to form an MRA super early.

I don't even have a member list.

DeletedUser20492

I see potential in this world as well. The potential for new players to join, learn, and learn how to be active without being rimmed every 10 minutes after BP ends. MRAs are a great place for these people to start, since most of them are made BY people with experience who post lots and lots of useful information in the alliance forum. Most new player check their alliance forum when starting out, rather than dig through the game forum with all the Propaganda, and people who are going to run them 6 feet under the ground 40 times if they ask a question that a new person wouldnt necessarily know the answer to. I DO agree that MRAs need to be handled well, but everyone wants to blame the newbs for this rather than the bad Leadership they could not possibly know they were getting into.

DeletedUser5859

a lot is being said an this thread..

Most MRAs fail, yes, its due to activity with the speed 1+morale they will have a slight advantage. HOWEVER as i often say it is ACTIVITY that separates a good alliance and a GREAT alliance and with units at speed 3 attacks that are well timed could hurt MRA's!

hatsnboots Made a GREAT point! many of us "veterans" are on our knees practically begging for great settings! but we are dished these settings so that the new ppl can get there feet on the ground.. learn the ropes.. and eventually become great players (who will buy gold hopefully) themselves! so yes we can continue to get on here.. smash these players heads with slinger nukes and potentially prolong our chances at a great world.. or we can try to get tons of ppl to play this world telling them they have a good chance to be great in it and hope we can get more people playing!

But i mean it might be FUN to try to take out 250 with 20 guys.. dont be cheap and disband them and stuff though.. players will learn why MRA's fail and formulate their own opinions on them.

and yes it is a game.. but war the MRA's for your enjoyment.. not JUST to screw other players over..

DeletedUser

I'm not trying to pick on the noobs.

I, for one, reaalize this world is aimed at beginners. And you have a point that vets can help educate the noobs in worlds like this.

Not to be harsh, but...

This is a form of education itself. If a 30 man alliance takes down a 200 man MRA, the noobs will learn that numbers don't always matter.

I am NOT condoning cheap disbands et cetera. While it's fun to read about them once in a while, it is rather mean to completely mess with the noobs like that.