Reputation Values

Do you like the new reputation values?

• Total voters

DeletedUser

Do you like the new +/- reputation values and their effects on reputation level?

Just for reference, before reputation was much more powerful, players with high rep could often give out greater than 100 points per rep. It's a lot less now.

DeletedUser

No, because it makes new comers to the forum: it makes there bars harder to get. And to most of us it doesn't matter because we already have the most bars anyone has seen so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aicy

Strategos
Nope. I really miss seeing someone's rep jump three bars after I repped them.

Although it is good I suppose seeing as I hate the fact anyone who was here longer a week could get bars.

DeletedUser

An atenpted no but my finger slipped.

Aicy jumped my rep 3 bars. I liked that.

DeletedUser

i have no idea of what formulae were used before and what is used now, so i've gotta go with indifference :p

DeletedUser

The old one made me get 11 bars in 2 weeks. The Forum record. :p
However this values seem more fair.

DeletedUser

The old one made me get 11 bars in 2 weeks. The Forum record. :p
However this values seem more fair.

How would you know "Forum records"... You've been here for only 2 months... I know that numerous people got 11 bars very quickly when rep was introduced for the second time...

DeletedUser

No. i think it was a good idea to have older forum members be more important when it comes to reputation. In the end, older players have a lot more experience on this forum thus their rep is (well, should be) often better ballanced.
Also prevents abuses like registering multiple accounts just to "punish" a forum player wiht neg rep.

DeletedUser

No. i think it was a good idea to have older forum members be more important when it comes to reputation. In the end, older players have a lot more experience on this forum thus their rep is (well, should be) often better ballanced.
Also prevents abuses like registering multiple accounts just to "punish" a forum player wiht neg rep.

I'd like to use myself as an of why what you said is wrong.

DeletedUser

I prefer the old system for +rep, but the new system for de-rep because of the currently banned DownRepGang and Project Venom.

Lugosi

Strategos
whilst I agree with Aicy as I really dislike people who have been on here a couple of weeks and they already have the same rep as me but I also agree with Huicho. From looking at my rep in user cp it seems nearly all the recent rep has been positive yet I haven't gone up a bar for quite a long time considering the rep I've been getting. Maybe instead of having the old system of better rep players being able to give more rep they should do it on how long people of been on here or how active they are because there more likely to know a good post when they see it rather than some of these 11 bar noobs ;)

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Yeah us 11 bar noobs got our rep way too fast, wait I've been here for awhile nvm. But yeah I agree with JT, nothing irks me more than players who have been here for a handful of weeks and they have like 6+ bars. Then you look at the guys who post interesting or useful things on a moderately regular basis and they have a way lower rep even though they have been around longer than the previously mentioned players. My point is, Spook clearly should have max bars at this point.