DeletedUser

DrDim = Dr
cisfe = Dr soon

Is Dr Bob a doctor?

I'm not a doctor
Someone knows a good doctor?

DeletedUser

Hello everyone :)

I swor I'd never return here again, but after a good long break I thought I'd check in, just to see what's going on.

The early stages of Psi has been mentioned here and since I played back then I thought I'd share my experiences.

I fought the LOD alliances in O53(+O43) who later joined 4T, on my own more or less. Early on in the game I sent a few thousands of LS and some troops everytime I planned an attack, but as they had 8k biremes on constant call within 2 hours, it wasn't easy. I did manage to take a few cities and I've never lost a single one. LoD(4T) turned into turtles even tho' I was the only one fighting them(FACEPALM), which should underline what 4T did to this world, by mass recruiting and hard turtling..
I was also fighting on all other fronts, as much as I could from the west top corner in O54, but time had it's toll and when I finally had moved into all 4 core oceans(and a lot closer to OR/wargasm), I had to quit.
About RE and TUQ. A lot of tension was going on and everyone was wondering who would hit first(that was some of the best time I had on Psi), as the war machine SF is, we took the lead and ran straight through most of them. We've never lost a fight, but our opponents had a thing for turtling up or pacting when we came nocking, this got tiring, to say the least. Not that I blame them, I would have done the same, propably, maybe... depending on things ofc.

I remember one day I had a little fun with DrDim, I cleared most of his cities from all navy and troops, dang I wish I had 40 extra slots back then :D

Now why didn't SF expand beond the core oceans? Many of You who weren't in SF keep asking this question and I'll let You know a few reasons.
1. 4T had a rather big collection of branches and they were mostly turtles, so cleaning the core oceans, which were our main priority obviously, was bit of a hazard, one might say and a triviel one at that ^^
2. When You are placed in the core oceans, You have enemies or potential enemies all around You, this usually isn't the case for big rim alliances. (We sadly ended up in a small war, which I still think started on a communication error, with our friends in BE, but that just proves the point). ORCA grew cuz there were no threat to them, same with wargasm, and we let them grow cuz they were no threat to us, same with wargasm, and we had plenty of targets already, but actually a big lack of city slots at that time, cuz we grew so fast. (and we didn't get any DBP, cuz everyone turtled after a short time.. or just never attacked us.) We expected world war after rimming RE and adding some good TUQ members to our crew, but it never happened, which amazes me till this day.
3. You see, being in the center means you're expanding all around your border and that takes a whole lot of slots to do so. Coordination also takes a big effort, because Your are sending offense and defence in all directions. Wargasm, 4T, OR/CA never had that issue for real.

My comments to the different alliances:
4T : Damage control party = turtling (they covered an area from O53 to O33 and down to O34/35? and more? lol?)
Wargasm : wasn't anything big when I played(, but doing ok it seems.)
OR : Simmers (and from what I could tell, no teacher, to learn people how to play.)
CA : They were on my radar early on, as they seemed to be the only serious alliance, but they were still far away.
BE & branches : Respect.
SF(1&2) : Biased obviously.

Oh, and to comment on one "mud throwing" comment i read on here, I'd like to say, that the one playing the rekoor acc right now, is very far from being a bad player. I've had the big pleasure to play with him myself, so I would know. ;)

I hope You all have fun, that is hopefully still the main motivation for all of You.

PS. (Best player on Psi = Psiclone:)p), nah. (tho the original one was good tho). I can't point on a specific one, SF had and have so many great players. I'd like to say Thank You to all of them. I sure had fun! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hehe apparently it's old timers visit season :)

Hi all ! Glad to see the old LOD remembered. Rekoor, sorry about the policy to just guard the southern flank and expand elsewhere, it was simple math : you weren't exactly offering your cities on a plate, we needed to build experience, and at the time it looked like a good idea to grow outside the core (faster than SF) and come back once we'd be strong enough to deal with you !

There is quite a bit of bitterness towards 4tress size and defensive stance in previous posts but they are still there and imho very much the result of SF strength from the start of this world : after RE collapsed nobody wanted to be ripped open like they were. In other circumstances I would have much preferred to keep LOD as is, and actually even then we had a debate on whether to merge or to go down fighting.

Hope everyone who stayed still has fun despite the amount of management big accounts require.

Cheers

Kmoz

PS I passed the PSI kmoz account 6 months ago so don't ask me for current news, and I have no prospect to play again due to RL.

DeletedUser25566

I remember one day I had a little fun with DrDim, I cleared most of his cities from all navy and troops, dang I wish I had 40 extra slots back then :D

Oh, and to comment on one "mud throwing" comment i read on here, I'd like to say, that the one playing the rekoor acc right now, is very far from being a bad player. I've had the big pleasure to play with him myself, so I would know. ;)

I hope You all have fun, that is hopefully still the main motivation for all of You.

PS. (Best player on Psi = Psiclone:)p), nah. (tho the original one was good tho). I can't point on a specific one, SF had and have so many great players. I'd like to say Thank You to all of them. I sure had fun! ;)

Well I remember one day when Wargasm cleared/conquered about 10 of Rekoor's cities, one day after taking around 40 cities from Caunty (from what I hear the best attacker in the world). Oh wait that was today :) .

DeletedUser

I can imagine that being low on slots it was essentially impossible to recover all the Caunty cities when she ran out of VM, especially the ones further from the core. We jumped on them pretty quick. She was without question a great attacker (She nearly reached 2 mil abp before any of us had 1 mil).

DeletedUser

Well I remember one day when Wargasm cleared/conquered about 10 of Rekoor's cities, one day after taking around 40 cities from Caunty (from what I hear the best attacker in the world). Oh wait that was today :) .

The difference being "I" alone in my part and the "wargasm" on yours(with ORCA helping out I can see) ^^

Yea, Caunty simply hit things, sad she had to leave tho(along with jjvolt n a few others) :/

And hi kmoz ;)

DeletedUser10984

If you are going to brag about taking my cities get the numbers straight you took 5 cities after Caunty, 10 in total in the last two weeks. Honestly with people like you doing math how do you guys ever get it straight.

DeletedUser

Congratulations, you managed to take cities from a red player. Insignificant accomplishment is insignificant.

By the way, Caunty herself wouldn't dream of boasting that she was the best attacker in Psi, not only is your statement clearly false, it is laughable on a few different levels. One would ask what your definition of 'the best' is given the context, but I think I might save myself the facepalm.

DeletedUser

Glory days

There are alliances who were big Grepolis players
back in early Psi
They would light your swords up bright
Make you look like a fool boy
Shadows Fall still own the core for now
... and they won many wars
Time moves on, new forces grow strong
but all I keep talking about is

Chorus:
Glory days well they'll pass you by
Glory days in the wink of a young girl's eye
Glory days, glory days

In no way intended as an insult to SF - I'd have liked them to win the world and it may still happen ... but the "young upstarts" who started later appear to be maintaining activity levels better than some of the old timers.

... and to keep the overall post vaguely on topic.

SF/BE earned their reputation in the first year of Psi, but many players have moved on and speaking personally I can't maintain the commitment level I was able to put into the game at that point ... a lot of fun and some good memories though,.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25566

If you are going to brag about taking my cities get the numbers straight you took 5 cities after Caunty, 10 in total in the last two weeks. Honestly with people like you doing math how do you guys ever get it straight.

You might re-read what I said. I never stated that we conquered 10 cities. I stated that we cleared/conquered 10 cities. And the clearing part was in response to the statement above, something about clearing 40 of DrDim's cities. Nice jab at my ability to count though, enjoyed that.

Horus, glad to see you back in the forums maybe you should come back to the world and make it interesting. Other than that, yea it is sad to see Caunty leave this world. The statement about her being the best attacker was also from another comment in one of these forums, and she was a great player and a great attacker.

DeletedUser10984

If you had cleared 10 of my cities you would have taken 10 of my cities, you failed to clear the other 5 that's why I still have them :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Ya BOY IT'S MA-RAT-TO UP IN THIS MEEENG. Ya yaaa I know yall missed me and I know I made some of you cry aka stephen. (sacmaster.) But it's fine cause I'm back to get me my crown yaaa. So ya I came back and I saw SF in ruins. and I was like wth is Spartan doing. But then I found out it was the curse i set upon SF roaming about. Yaaa that's what I'm talking about. Caunty is gone, Jjvolt is gone, Psiclone is banned. Trocanito has a new owner. Surabaya Jenny is leaving. Dr bob is leaving. Spartan is frustrated. O how much I loooove thiiiiisss. I told you son I TOLD YOU WOULD RUE THE DAY U SET A HAND ON MARATTO BOY, the marattoan curse is packing a punch innit? Ya boy GO GO WARGASM, GO GO ORCA. WOOHOOO WOOHOOOOOOO. I am back in this Shizzzleerrrr so get rdy to get busiieerrrr cause I am back to bring the heat and party on the forum is where I'm AT. Holla at yo boy meng is yo boy Ma-Rat-To up in dis. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. WOOHOOO bring me that croownn woohoo.

DeletedUser

Yeah I Was Justpaps for about two weeks, realised how terrible Psi had become after your fail troll and numerous bad decisions that plagued Psi and then left and yes Kurb did end up with the account.
And clearly everyone does care about your fail troll, to the extent that multiple people replied with great praise of you. You're what 16? And you get kicks out of trying to "troll" it's rather silly, So like the lots of people that care I'm not going to reply :)